Resto Druid Mastery: Always on?

90 Night Elf Druid
Just a quality of life suggestion here, but is there any reason why we have to put up with managing the triggering of harmony anymore? I have no real issue with it myself, I keep it up 98%~ of the time, but it would be nice, during times when the raid is taking no real damage, to just sit for a moment and regen, as opposed to burning a swiftmend right of CD or using the thoroughly useless nourish.

I don't know of any other healer that has to "turn it on." This may help struggling and/or bad resto druids more than it would help good ones, so maybe it is better kept as a mark of distinction.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think it's such a small issue that they really shouldn't concern themselves with it. Yeah, it should probably just be passive... but oh well eh? Probably not a good use of the programmer's time to have to change it ya?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No, considering it would be actually simplifying the game, it would be a good investment of the very small time needed to fix it. So, no, it IS a good use of their time.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It would be nice to have, but then it would just be a flat "you heal for more!" mastery which is pretty boring, even though that is basically all it is right now, just with a "fun" twist!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's almost impossible for it to fall off at this point anyway. Would it make it easier, yeah. Would it make the class more boring, yeah.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No, considering it would be actually simplifying the game, it would be a good investment of the very small time needed to fix it. So, no, it IS a good use of their time.

It's basically a completely useless change. I'd rather have them put time into balancing bosses and doing things that make the game more fun..
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It's almost impossible for it to fall off at this point anyway. Would it make it easier, yeah. Would it make the class more boring, yeah.

Harmony should be coupled with LB upkeep.

Keeping Harmony up, while adding something extra to monitor, really isn't something we should be concentrating on as often as we do.

Harmony isn't a spell and a passive buff has no bearing on simplifying the game for rdruids. We shouldn't need to cast a direct spell/SM to keep a passive up because that encourages certain limited spell use even when little or no healing is required.

How many of you have wanted to have the full HotW time to wrath spam but have to take time to throw out a DH or SM to keep it up? This isn't 'fun'.

Or on movement fights having to either waste a SM/Efflor or stop and cast a RG when what you really wanted to do is concentrate on WG and spam RJ?

With Efflor uncoupled from SM, I think people should really re-think Harmony. Freeing us isn't a boring option any more than any other healer simply healing and concentrating on proper spell use.
Edited by Trollmendous on 7/27/2013 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Keeping Harmony up, while adding something extra to monitor, really isn't something we should be concentrating on as often as we do.

Being they doubled it's duration it is easy peasy. It was very annoying in it's original state.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
With Efflor uncoupled from SM, I think people should really re-think Harmony. Freeing us isn't a boring option any more than any other healer simply healing and concentrating on proper spell use.

Personally, I think uncoupling these makes it less necessary to revamp Harmony, as it will be even easier, and more desirable, to cast SM on CD, especially if they fix the glyph and bring it back. That alone should help novice druids with their Harmony uptimes. Worst case, throw it on the tank.

Now, if SM would also refresh LB...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Now, if SM would also refresh LB...

I'll agree with that!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I def would love that.....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Considering the fact that swiftmend procs mastery, its a 13 second cooldown, and mastery is 20 seconds, and you're always trying to swiftmend on or very close to on cooldown, you should never have problems keeping harmony up. Even if you never hard-cast a heal in your life you have 100% uptime.

6.0: Lifebloom gets a bloom on demand like shrooms. This effect has a 15-20 second cooldown. If you have lifebloom on mutliple targets they all get bloomed. Might be a talent.

^I wouldn't be surprised if they implemented something like that, judging by the way druids have been going recently.
Edited by Anoru on 7/28/2013 9:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't believe I ever said it was a problem. There are times when you don't want to swiftmend on CD, and harmony upkeep forces you to do so. You should heal to recover from damage, or in immediate anticipation of damage. If you're just blasting things when they come off of CD, even when they're not needed, you're a meter padding bad healer. The current design of harmony promotes useless casts to keep it up, so I think it should be changed.

Is it a "problem"? No. Is it contrary to good healing philosophy? Yes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ehhhh, I mean, even if you have to wait an extra couple of seconds to get a swiftmend off on someone who actually needs the direct heal and not just using it to get efflo down, (which is bad practice imo,) its still 7 seconds you have to choose a good target, like, if absolutely no one on your screen needs a 100K instant heal in 7 seconds there's probably so little damage you could just get a nourish off to keep Harmony up. :P

This is without even mentioning the fact that every time you get a regrowth proc you're using it pretty quick if you're good, between that and swiftmend like there shouldn't be a problem. If you don't have enough people taking damage to warrant using free procs and swiftend on cooldown like... Whats the problem anyways, you know?

TL:DR keeping harmony up is mindless and it should never fall off as long as you are pressing buttons.
Edited by Anoru on 7/28/2013 9:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My point exactly. Why should you have to make an extra cast to keep something up when you don't need to?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Becasue people who don't do things like use OOC procs quickly and proritize swiftmend get punished for it.

Oh wait, doing those things also helps you conserve mana! Seems like the design of the class is rewarding players for good play.

I'm being cheeky I apologize.

Edit: If you want to let it fall off while you're regening just let it fall off :P You'll instantly have it back as soon as you swiftmend and refresh the stack. I mean like, I can see how if you have several "regen" phases over the course of a fight and you're letting it fall off on purpose it might look bad for you on a log or something like that, but YOU, YOU persoanlly, will know, that the reason why your uptime is only 85%, (or whatever the hell,) is because you let it fall on purpose to regen and save your swiftmend. I mean... Do what you have to do.

I support harmony because when you get players who have absolutley no idea what they're doing, they won't be keeping harmony up, and their numbers will suffer for it.

Imo.
Edited by Anoru on 7/28/2013 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
07/28/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Kodaline
There are times when you don't want to swiftmend on CD, and harmony upkeep forces you to do so.

This is true especially if you're using SotF and anticipating aoe damage. So I am forced to use RG/HT or Nourish.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Point being, it's just another "spec differentiation flavor" thing blizzard put in that, like so many others, is nothing but a pain in the !@#$.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I agree. I love it when Mastery is just a flat buff. Its so interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Good idea, I always just wanted to rejuv spam and /afk.

Terrible idea. They've dumbed down this game far too much. Stop asking for more dumb please.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]