Discipline Priests

90 Troll Priest
I disagree with the postulate that disc is too good.

it's definitely very useful, but as said before each class brings a different variable to the table. : ]
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Considering I can do a lot more HPS on my Monk and Holy Paladin...

You're drunk...go home.

07/29/2013 11:01 PMPosted by Gozreh
I'd just like to be able to replace our Disc priest on the nights she doesn't really want to raid and not feel like we're gimping said raid on harder fights.

You just have a superior player! That happens in our main group with our Holy Paladin...we feel gimped without him. If it really bothers you that much find better healers.
Edited by Wendychan on 8/6/2013 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Druid
You just have a superior player! That happens in our main group with our Holy Paladin...we feel gimped without him. If it really bothers you that much find better healers.

You don't understand.

She *isn't* a better healer.

Raid leader is *that* crutched on absorbs. If we dont have at the least the holy paladin or the disc priest, we're hosed.

That said, Disc's sick yesterday and we got H Ji-kun without her.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
no..just no.. u say disc priest are fun yet i dont see u playing one.. i see u on a monk.. dont mess with my priest
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Raid leader is *that* crutched on absorbs. If we dont have at the least the holy paladin or the disc priest, we're hosed.

That said, Disc's sick yesterday and we got H Ji-kun without her.

Not to argue, but... didn't you just contradict yourself?

"Without pally or disc, we are hosed."

"No disc, we cleared H Ji'Kun."

Kind of disproved your own statement, didn't you?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I could see this being useful for fights where tanks need magical absorbs, then a physical absorb, but this really changes nothing other than having to think about what damage is coming out and what does that help at all?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I could see this being useful for fights where tanks need magical absorbs, then a physical absorb, but this really changes nothing other than having to think about what damage is coming out and what does that help at all?

No. NO. Don't even encourage him.

I have no room left on my bars. I need no more buttons! I'm out of Macro space! No!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
08/07/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Tiriel

No. NO. Don't even encourage him.

I have no room left on my bars. I need no more buttons! I'm out of Macro space! No!

No don't worry I'm not encouraging! It's a method of psychology where you build up someones idea and make them feel good then you indirectly tell them it sucks.

SHHHH! <3
Reply Quote
40 Blood Elf Priest
I have 3 disc priests and our raid has a disc priest. I do think that atonement healing and absorbs are too efficient atm and need to be tweaked a bit. This also includes holy pally mastery, but wrong thread to discuss that O.o
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Are you retarded?
PW:S is not even close to good enough to justify splitting into 2 spells.

Spirit Shell is not OP. It's great for boss abilities, but will not prevent all the damage on any moderately difficult boss. It's not a "dumb heal" as SS requires a smart healer for proper usage.

You say "priests bubble too much" and then say "OMG we need to nerf their healing buff", so you're saying "i know yall never heal, but when u do we need to make sure u cant heal for as much"..

I honestly think you've just encountered an LFR as a fresh-90, in a healer role wearing DPS gear, enchanting for tanking. Because I don't see how someone could propose dumb ideas backed by such faulty knowledge...This is really bad man, realllly bad.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
If anything I'd like to see Atonement become optional again.

You have a 10% chance when you cast Heal, Flash Heal, Binding Heal, Greater Heal, Prayer of Healing or Prayer of Mending to gain a stack of Evangelism. You have a 100% chance when you cast Smite, Holy Fire or Penance to gain a stack of Evangelism?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
If anything I'd like to see Atonement become optional again.

You have a 10% chance when you cast Heal, Flash Heal, Binding Heal, Greater Heal, Prayer of Healing or Prayer of Mending to gain a stack of Evangelism. You have a 100% chance when you cast Smite, Holy Fire or Penance to gain a stack of Evangelism?

Consider that Holy also accesses Evangelism.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
How would this adversely affect Holy?
Reply Quote
29 Night Elf Priest
I am a new discipline priest, and what is this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I am a new discipline priest, and what is this.

Healers arguing about healing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
How would this adversely affect Holy?

I actually misread it and thought you were saying something else. However, I'm not sure I see how your proposal renders Atonement "optional." The Evangelism stacks aren't the reason why Atonement isn't optional. It isn't optional because Archangel is a 25% across-the-board throughput increase and Disc's single-target spells are inferior in nearly every way to Smite, Holy Fire, and Offensive Penance.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It provides a way to stack Evangelism to consume Archangel without using actually using offensive spells. As for the latter argument, debatable, but I don't foresee Atonement remaining this strong through the next few patches anyway.
Edited by Charity on 8/11/2013 9:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It provides a way to stack Evangelism to consume Archangel without using actually using offensive spells. As for the latter argument, debatable, but I don't foresee Atonement remaining this strong through the next few patches anyway.

Well, not really, since Evangelism wouldn't be discounting those single target spells, nor making them hit harder. And Disc's single-target healing is the pits.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
And Disc's single-target healing is the hot smelly pits.

fixed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]