Get up to 16 keybinds using your mouse wheel.

22 Troll Shaman
Turning your mouse scroll up and down into 8 to 16 binds is pretty easy here are the steps to do it.
1- forget about controlling camera zoom in and out using your mouse wheel, bind those somewhere else.
2- bind mouse wheel up and mouse wheel down to any of your spells.
3- use shift, alt and ctrl combined with the mouse wheel up and down to get an additional 6 binds bringing the total to 8.
4- (for healers mostly) key bind macros that cast a different spell depending on whether your target is friendly or foe, an example of this kind of macro is
/cast [help] Renew; [harm] Shadow Word: Pain
That marcro ^ will cast shadow word pain on foes but renew on friendly's. Using this method you could bind 16 spells to your mouse wheel alone.
Edited by Vankal on 7/27/2013 5:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
If you're counting friend/foe, you get up to 32. :)

8 combinations of modifiers:
-(no modifier)
-ctrl
-alt
-shift
-ctrl+alt
-ctrl+shift
-alt+shift
-ctrl+alt+shift

2 mousewheel directions (up/down)

2 target reactions (help/harm)

8*2*2 = 32
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
8*2*2 = 32

Show off
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Thanks for this tip :D
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
This might work out. My middle finger must be the strongest anyway as much as I use it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
This might work out. My middle finger must be the strongest anyway as much as I use it.

If you were a female character, I might ask for clarification.
Reply Quote
07/27/2013 09:45 AMPosted by Frozenorange

If you were a female character, I might ask for clarification.

A male character could also use it that much, too... iykwim.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
A male character could also use it that much, too... iykwim.

Yes, but for that case, I don't really want to ask for clarification.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I can just imagine that I'd be trying to talk on vent, which is alt and then trying to zoom out which I hold shift + wheel out.. so for me I can see this becoming very confusing and messy!! hheheh
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I use shift+mouse wheel up and shift+mouse wheel down for Wind Shear and Mana Tide respectively. Don't know why I never tried it with Alt...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I have 1 through =, alt 1 through = and then on some occasions, I've bound shift 1 through =.

Mouse wheel is too wild for me.

Just like this blows my mind:

8*2*2 = 32
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I realllly want to train myself to make use of my mouse wheel but it's been camera zoom in/out for so long it would take some serious work ><
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I can just imagine that I'd be trying to talk on vent, which is alt and then trying to zoom out which I hold shift + wheel out.. so for me I can see this becoming very confusing and messy!! hheheh

People would hear a lot of cussing from me if I were to do that (yes, I cuss at my own characters- don't ask). Only thing I have alt bound to is vent and mumble.
Edited by Jujubiju on 7/29/2013 6:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I just got a G600, which has a function where you can tip the middle mouse wheel from side to side for two extra keybinds...

Should I just re-keybind everything to middle mouse or what?

Maybe my pointer finger would get tired.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Wow frozen was a massive nerd in this thread :P
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I just got a G600, which has a function where you can tip the middle mouse wheel from side to side for two extra keybinds...

Should I just re-keybind everything to middle mouse or what?

Maybe my pointer finger would get tired.

Does it still click down as well? I would have a lot of use out that just for binding cooldowns and stuff. With just a 3 button mouse it is a bit of a strain to get it all on the mouse and a lot of stuff still needs to be clicked. This mouse is so fricken old but I fear getting used to a different one.
Reply Quote
07/31/2013 07:41 PMPosted by Stratas
Does it still click down as well?

I have a G500, same scroll wheel. It does. The side scroll works really well, in my opinion - it's easy to do left or right taps without accidentally scrolling. I don't do anything as crazy as what the OP is suggesting, however. I just use shift up and down for things like on use trinkets/pots and scroll left and right (and shift left/right) for focus and targetassist, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I actually haven't even figured out what else I can bind.. hahaha, maybe mounts?

Mounts on the middle mouse 2013.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Currently used as level 90 and Holy Word.
Alternately is penance and level 90.
As shadow it is level 90 and mindsear.

I might change it some time though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]