Pally healer hate?

90 Human Paladin
I just got out of a run and the tank was fooling around in the arena for a while apparently died and then had to fly back to Darkshire to repair. We all waited...

Once done the DK tank jumps in and after a few pulls stops as if he got a phone call and couldn't let it go. In broken English he asks "why ther is a pally heals in the ptry" or something like that. No one really understood what this person was asking and a few of us started to wonder what the big hold up was. We could have downed the first boss by the time this was typed. One dps mentioned that I kept the party alive...

Anyway the kid comes back with, "i dont do like well with pally healz" or something like that. I was keeping his sorry excuse of a DK tank up for the first few pulls so this came out of the blue. Hey I can understand if I let the folks die, was trying to top the dps charts as a healer or decided to go watch a movie.

Anyway we voted the tank out and with the next tank we got the job done quickly.

Anyone run into similar situations like this where some party member hates paladins, druids or priests? I figure it was some player that was working on a full set of spirit gear for his DK and didn't want competition.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Ive never heard of someone hating on a certain class in a dungeon. Im sure it happens, but its stupid as hell. I mean, if the healer sucks then yea, I can see giving them some grief. But if you're keeping him up fine, whats the big deal?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Paladins, imo would be one of the stronger classes for dungeon runs. bad DK is bad, don't let it ruffle your feathers :P
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Awful DK is awful... If he has issues with pallies keeping him alive how does he live with the other healers that are worse at tank healing?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Bad tanks gonna be bad.

I have not had one that "hates priests" in a while but I did have one constantly clicking my renew off.

I asked him why.
"Oh I just do it to troll holy priests and see if they waste mana re-applying it"

...Oh. But I have my meta gem so continued to reapply renew as often as he could click it off and had a good time with that. And got to leap of faith him whenever he used rocket boots to get away to the next pack. Good times.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
There was only one strange time I can think of and it was a little while after I had brought this Shammy to 90 - my second healer and right when ToT had been coming out.

Get Brewery and the tank starts berating me for playing a Shammy. Mind you, we're all at the portal. All I've done is put ES on this guy and am quietly waiting. He starts going off on how only fail people play a fail class and he wouldn't tank if I was healing.

I turn to the hunter and say - "Hey *Name* - you got a tank pet in there?" He goes yep, whips it out and I toss ES on it and off we go.

The tank hung out at the portal and laughed when we engaged the first boss, saying we'd all die with my healing. I said even if the pet dies I'll tank it with my elemental, which would still be a better tank then him.

We kick after the boss. It was one of the weirdest things I've seen but the group just laughed about it while we waited at the gauntlet for the new tank.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
Ive never heard of someone hating on a certain class in a dungeon

Heh year 1 if you where not a priest you did not heal a 5 man.

I have seen hate on DK's because for years the skill gap for DK's was pretty high, I have seen hate on druids because of res, i have see hate on resto shaman for being underpowered.

But No I have not seen any hate on Holy Pallies, tbh if he is making you wait while he does arena and repairs etc I would have been looking to boot just for that.
Reply Quote
"Disc priests can't heal, it's a pvp spec." (last time i heard this was during Cata)

"Disc priests can't heal death knights"

"Kick the resto druid." Why? "Because I main a feral, because resto can't heal"

I'm sure I heard something for every healing spec, except monk.
Whatever it is they say... it tells you more about them being ignorant dumbasses.
Reply Quote
Back at the start of Cata, myself and many others feared a holy priest in their dungeon runs because they were undertuned. Luckily this isn't a wipe-or-not situation (usually), but it was just kind of a let down to see one instead of the other 3 healing classes.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
07/27/2013 07:10 AMPosted by Landir
was trying to top the dps charts as a healer

What's wrong with this? ;-P

07/28/2013 10:18 PMPosted by Mate
Heh year 1 if you where not a priest you did not heal a 5 man.

Echos of this were heard even into early TBC. The few times I pugged a month in I got comments like "I guess resto shaman can heal."

07/28/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Elume

Which is funny because in Wrath there was a strong synergy between disc and DKs. I forget the exact mechanics at play but when I tanked on my DKs I loved having disc priests.

Back at the start of Cata, myself and many others feared a holy priest in their dungeon runs because they were undertuned. Luckily this isn't a wipe-or-not situation (usually), but it was just kind of a let down to see one instead of the other 3 healing classes.

The start of Cata was another weird one. Then again I tanked on a prot pally so I didn't care what the healer was pre WoG nerf. First boss of H SFK? Mostly if not entirely soloable as I found out a few times.
Reply Quote
07/30/2013 06:55 AMPosted by Kipery
was trying to top the dps charts as a healer

What's wrong with this? ;-P

Well, i learned that you can't possibly out-dps everyone and heal at the same time. The funny thing was, that it was a shadow priest who had to explain this to me. If I wouldn't stop I'd get kicked, despite the damage of myself + my tank buddy accounting for 60% of the total, and the group sitting at full health.

07/28/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Elume

Which is funny because in Wrath there was a strong synergy between disc and DKs. I forget the exact mechanics at play but when I tanked on my DKs I loved having disc priests.

Haha yes, they were so spikey that our bubbles would give other healers more time to react. He was just afraid that I would gimp his vengeance stacking by absorbing damage. Oh the ignorance...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Haha yes, they were so spikey that our bubbles would give other healers more time to react. He was just afraid that I would gimp his vengeance stacking by absorbing damage. Oh the ignorance...

Speaking of ignorance...

In a Zul'Aman bear run (cata) I had a Warrior tell me not to PW:Shield him because it would stop him from getting rage.

Edit: We didn't get the bear.
Edited by Mumpy on 7/30/2013 7:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I have seen hate on DK's because for years the skill gap for DK's was pretty high, I have seen hate on druids because of res, i have see hate on resto shaman for being underpowered.

I've seen all of this, but never in a 5man. Especially not in 5 mans now-a-days, where they are so easy you can let your pet heal them once your geared enough
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I've seen someone try to kick a Pally healer because they were using an off-hand instead of a shield.

I was told on my Shaman in Cata that I wasn't supposed to heal, but the last time I saw any Pally healer hate was on Loken. When it was current.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Just tell him that we don't even need a stupid tank for these 5 mans.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
always mainly it deals with pugs and cocky tanks. got into this pug for ToT about 2 weeks ago some tank in normal 10m ToT gear says why do we have 2 druid healers? we have the wrong healers. then starts talking trash about how he doesn't want to carry people's dps and swearing in vent calling me a stoner and that im 12 lol just because of the way i sound. this is why i don't pug anymore.

next week did ToT with my guild 2 druid healers 1 holy pally we got it done 12/12 no complaints they knew i wasn't geared or knew fights but they understood that. imo unless your going for world first achievements it does NOT matter what classes you bring as long as you can get it done. of course based on mechanics you might not want full ranged or meele classes you want a mixture. sadly i will have to pug again next week my guild is getting back to heroics hopefully i can join soon.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The last time I ever got any pally hate was on Loken when we were still gearing up for naxx, even though you could get through naxx wearing t6. Even I will admit, Loken was a pain as a pally when it was current. Before that, it was magister's terrace that I got some hate in. Once 3.0 hit, it was much easier to heal. It was doable prior to 3.0 just easier after 3.0.

Pallys are really strong in 5 mans. No one takes any damage that the mastery bubbles can't handle and they tanks never need more healing than the beacon transfer. In all honesty, 5 mans are quite boring.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest

I don't recall a specific synergy between dks and disc priests, but I remember that shadow priests used to love DKs because their pestilence would spread a priest's devouring plague as well as the dk diseases.

Sorry, that was off topic.

I've never seen anyone dislike a particular healing class that I recall.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Pallies suck man. Didn't you get the memo? You know how the dungeon people are about non-fotm healers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]