Resto shaman celestial blessing advice please

90 Draenei Shaman
okay i'm sick of this, can someone PLESAE help, how do you get past this quest as a restoration shaman, what rotations, what talents, what glyphs, how should i reforge to get past it, my restoration shaman is at ilvl 521 managed to get deathwing to 50% health but not better then that the adds just end up overwhelming me and killing me and i can't past them and death wing at the same time, if anyone has any advice please tell me, as I'm at a loss. I just can't get the adds down fast enough no matter what I do, the damage output from the magma totem which is pathetic which means the only way to get them down is with fire elemental or earth elemental but that's a 5 minute cooldown.
Edited by Elae on 7/27/2013 7:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
My memory of it is that the adds are pretty squishy, tbh. You might try using a Magma Totem to kill them off. I was able to do it with Mind Sear, which hits for about the same as Magma Totem.

Edited to Add: You can also try rooting them first and then hitting them with the totem to keep them off you.
Edited by Tiriel on 7/27/2013 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
IIRC I was able to easily kill them with a single Divine Star. Throwing out a Chain Lightning on CD should get rid of them pretty quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Magma totem doesn't auto target the adds that's the problem
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Okay I did it!! Thanks so much for your help guys
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Magma totem doesn't auto target the adds that's the problem

The Searing Totem doesn't but Magma Totem is an AoE I thought? Could be wrong. :)

Glad you were able to get it done! :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Use magma totem and chain lighting to kill the adds, they die really quick.
Reply Quote
For me, kiting is better than just trying to kill them. Between Earthbind and Capacitor (with TP spec'ed), adds shouldn't be much of an issue. They disappeared after a while when I did the quest, and they also seemed to soak the elementals's bolts that they sent at Wrathion, so I'd just round up all adds while kiting and then turn them into a pseudo-meat shield for the elementals phase. At least that was how it seemed to work for me; or maybe I didn't understand it well because I was dying of boredom <.<

Grats on completing it!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]