R/druid..more to life than lifebloom?

90 Night Elf Druid
I mostly play on my disc or mw monk and have only just run a few 5 mans on this toon as resto.
Provided the tank can hold aggro, all I have to do is keep lifebloom stacked, throw up an occasional rejuv and that aoe-thingy who's name I can't recall /blush.

My other healers can hurt while healing. On my druid I feel like there are tons of open cd's in which I should be doing something other than /dance or spin jump. I'm just not sure what?

Even in half feral gear my mana never gets low enough to consider but my damage spells hit like wet noodles. I'm wondering what you folks do to fill the downtime because I'm considering just going cat form while my hots are up.

On another note, I've never before felt like a bot could do my job but seriously...all I need to do is refresh a hot...please throw me a bone here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Soul of the Forest + Hurricane
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Low level healing for any class can be rather boring.

When I leveled my other druid (she's 50 something I think now?) I'd sometimes DPS as kitty, or heal as boomkin and heal when needed if I knew the group was decent. That is why I generally level through pvp when I get bored, gives me something to do :p

If the tank isn't pulling a lot, have them pull more.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Depending on what else is in the group, you can help by putting up (or refreshing) Faerie Fire. It is an armor reduction debuff on the boss, that will help the DPS a bit. I have seen other resto druids switch to cat for a bit and put bleeds on things, as you have a passive that converts Int to Agi automatically, so your DPS isn't that bad in cat form. I don't do it much myself, most 5-mans at max level go pretty quick as it is, but I do have my feral bars set up to put bleeds on things quickly if I want to.

At max level, you can pick up Heart of the Wild which will allow you to do some pretty high damage either using Wrath spam or feral abilities for 45 seconds. I will do this when bored in 5-mans to see how many DPS I can beat on the meters on a boss fight, and I definitely use this in raids when there is an opportunity to do so.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

This makes me so happy when I tend to my farm on my Druid.

I usually go Rejuv + Heart of the Wild + Swiftmend + HURRICANE!!!!!

>.>
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Then I lose tree, which I've only used twice and has almost zero value at this level..so...hmmm.

I ran a few more last night and got more in to the swing of things. It still seems a bit strange to have more downtime between casts but no one is dying and the pulls are at least as large as when I ran these back on my priest.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think its fun to hop into cat form and just rake-mangle-mangle-mangle-bite hop out to throw hots up and regen energy and then do it again. Keeps you awake because you have to keep track of shifting in and out of form.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Provided the tank can hold aggro, all I have to do is keep lifebloom stacked

This is 100% correct.

Even in raid, all I do is use liftbloom and afk. That's how you top them meters.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
5mans/heroics were easy enough when your whole group would be in a mix of quest reward gear and JP gear. Now that your average group is running around with ~520 ilevel, as well as just knowing the dungeons like the back of thier hands, healing is just not needed. (Did a SPM yesterday in which the final boss died in less than 10 seconds -- I didn't cast a single HoT.)

Depending on how I'm feeling, I'll either:

A: Arrange some pet battle teams
B: Play Peggle
C: See how many DPS I can beat
D: Stare into space
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I think its fun to hop into cat form and just rake-mangle-mangle-mangle-bite hop out to throw hots up and regen energy and then do it again. Keeps you awake because you have to keep track of shifting in and out of form.

Yes, if you are bored you can play with keeping moonfire up (and a couple Hots as needed) while going kitty and keeping a rake/mangle/bite rotation going. Pop HOTW on bosses, etc.

Heroics are stupid easy, no healer has to heal them. At 450-460 ilvl gear some were kindahard, but even then nothing like Cata dungeons. At 500+ everyone can just AFK.
Edited by Fangthorn on 7/29/2013 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Provided the tank can hold aggro, all I have to do is keep lifebloom stacked

This is 100% correct.

Even in raid, all I do is use liftbloom and afk. That's how you top them meters.

You could try, for once in your life, to not be rude. Her question's already been answered, there's no need to be an !@# to her just for the sake of it.
Edited by Swagguh on 7/29/2013 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
But that IS how you top meters....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I press mushrooms and recount turns orange
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

This is 100% correct.

You could try, for once in your life, to not be rude. Her question's already been answered, there's no need to be an !@# to her just for the sake of it.

You fail at humor and sarcasm detection. It wasn't even directed at the OP.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Don't worry there is much more to do when you heal later. Leveling in LFD is not a good indication of how things will be in raids.

Keeping LB up is of course gonna be one of your top things, but also using SM on cd to keep Harmony up, finding a good target for it so as not to waste Efflo, placing Mushrooms effectively, watching damage patterns for Blooming Shrooms and Tranq, getting used to Ironbarking a lot, seeing how long you can maintain running jumps before OoC procs again, HOTW wrathspam...

Resto druid is much fun. :3 Too bad the dps specs are soooo unfun. -_-
Edited by Weetabix on 7/29/2013 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I mostly play on my disc or mw monk and have only just run a few 5 mans on this toon as resto.
Provided the tank can hold aggro, all I have to do is keep lifebloom stacked, throw up an occasional rejuv and that aoe-thingy who's name I can't recall /blush.

My other healers can hurt while healing. On my druid I feel like there are tons of open cd's in which I should be doing something other than /dance or spin jump. I'm just not sure what?

Even in half feral gear my mana never gets low enough to consider but my damage spells hit like wet noodles. I'm wondering what you folks do to fill the downtime because I'm considering just going cat form while my hots are up.

On another note, I've never before felt like a bot could do my job but seriously...all I need to do is refresh a hot...please throw me a bone here.

all low level healing is quite boring. my shaman barely had to cast anything but earthshield when i leveled him, and a d priest is pretty much just shield, penance and renew if neeeded.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

You fail at humor and sarcasm detection. It wasn't even directed at the OP.

It's literally every post you make. You contribute nothing.

If you're not going to be funny, interesting, or helpful, you shouldn't bother posting.
Edited by Swagguh on 7/29/2013 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]