Maybe someone can answer for me?

91 Dwarf Paladin
I have two accounts Merged onto my battle net account. Mine and my Wifes that is inactive. " attached it to more or less keep an eye on it since she quit wow" But now she is wanting to play again. Is it possible to play both accounts at the same time on one battle net account? or do i need to remove her account from my battle net for her to be able to play with me?
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
Technically, yes, you could play both at once.

But you shouldn't - because that's considered account sharing, and could lead to the permanent closure of both accounts.

In order to keep that from happening, you'll want to talk to Billing. While it is not guaranteed, they may be able to assist you in splitting off the second WoW game license. Keep in mind that all account-side things - pets, mounts, achievements, etc. - will not go with the split license.
"Real men (and tauren) wear kilts" -- Pahanda
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Paladin
I dont believe her account has ever counted toward the pets/mounts and achievements anyway since it has not been active since 2012 and that was just when i used a scroll of resur to make sure all of her stuff was still there before i merged it to my b-net account.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
07/27/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Pyropally
i used a scroll of resur to make sure all of her stuff was still there before i merged it to my b-net account.

You really shouldn't have done that, as I'm sure you now realize.

If the characters haven't logged in, they probably aren't contributing. But if it's been that long, there may not be anything that Billing can do to assist. Ultimately, you'll have to contact them to find out.
"I don't think that's how 'Moon Tiara Magic' works." -- Sarah Jones
"Maybe they been doin' it wrong." -- The Commander
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I dont believe her account has ever counted toward the pets/mounts and achievements anyway since it has not been active since 2012 and that was just when i used a scroll of resur to make sure all of her stuff was still there before i merged it to my b-net account.

It does.

All accounts on a Battle.net account are linked.

Your wife's account should never have been linked to YOUR battle.net account. Technically it should be removed from your account, lose any achievements it itself did not earn, and be migrated to its own Battle.net account
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
The community MVP is wrong. It is not considered a comprised or sharing an account if you allow your kids or wife play. It's in the ToS. MVP needs to sharpen their skills.

I think you need to sharpen your skills.

While you are allowed one child that you are the parent or legal guardian of to play your account, you are not allowed to share it with your spouse.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/unauthorized-account-access-policy

Limitations placed on Account Access
The ToU speaks extensively about what you may and may not do with a World of Warcraft account. This section highlights a few passages from the ToU that are most relevant to this policy. The core message is that you, and only you (with the exception of a minor authorized to use an account by a parent or guardian), should be accessing an account registered in your name.

You may not share your account or password with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one (1) minor child to use the account instead of you (in which case you may not use that Account at the same time). (Section 1A of the ToU)
Edited by Diamora on 7/27/2013 5:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It is not considered a comprised or sharing an account if you allow your kids or wife play
Kids are one thing. Wife is completely different.

The only time an account is allowed to be shared is when it is a minor and their legal guardian.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
07/27/2013 05:40 PMPosted by Critmanus
The community MVP is wrong. It is not considered a comprised or sharing an account if you allow your kids or wife play. It's in the ToS. MVP needs to sharpen their skills.

WoW has no Terms of Service.

The Battle.net Terms of Use says the following:
During the Account creation process, you may be required to select a unique username and/or a password (collectively referred to hereunder as “Login Information”), and you may not share the Account or the Login Information with anyone other than as expressly set forth herein.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/termsofuse.html

And the only sharing allowed is:
USE OF THE SERVICE BY MINORS.
Subject to the laws of your country of residence, minor children may utilize an Account established by their parent or legal guardian with the approval of their parent or legal guardian. In the event that you permit your minor child or legal ward (collectively, your “Child”) to use an Account on the Service, you hereby agree to these TOU on behalf of yourself and your Child, and you understand and agree that you will be responsible for all uses of the Account by your Child whether or not such uses were authorized by you, including without limitation, your Child’s acceptance of the EULA for Games that are playable on the Service, or any Game-specific Terms of Use.

That's it.

I believe my skills are quite sharp, thank you very much.
"Real men (and tauren) wear kilts" -- Pahanda
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
To expand on what Pahanda and Diamora have stated, this applies to all licenses or a persons B.Net account. A B.Net account is registered to one unique individual, who may allow a minor which they are the parent/legal guardian of to access the licenses on that account.

To Crit, I would suggest you read up on the terms you accepted when signing up to play (and every patch since then). Spreading misinformation in these forums is frowned upon.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
12 Human Mage

The MVP is completely correct. If you find the TOU too difficult to interpret there is an easy read version in the policy arcticle here https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/unauthorized-account-access-policy

The ToU speaks extensively about what you may and may not do with a World of Warcraft account. This section highlights a few passages from the ToU that are most relevant to this policy. The core message is that you, and only you (with the exception of a minor authorized to use an account by a parent or guardian), should be accessing an account registered in your name.

Blizzard Entertainment does not recognize the transfer of accounts between individuals.

You may not share your account or password with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one (1) minor child to use the account instead of you (in which case you may not use that Account at the same time). (Section 1A of the ToU)

You are liable for all activities conducted through the account, including any activities which may be conducted by your minor children that you allow to use your account.

You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password, and you will be responsible for all uses of your User Name and password whether or not authorized by you. Security of your account is your responsibility.

Edit - your opinion on account sharing is not relevant. The only opinion is Blizzard's and they do not allow you to share your password with anyone other than one minior child. The password is to the bnet account so it is very clear how the rules work.
Edited by Mirasol on 7/27/2013 5:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
07/27/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Critmanus
People multibox and they are using several accounts on one battlenet account at the same time.

This is one user. You can have up to 8 licenses under a battle.net, that's not a problem. Having 8 licenses under a battle.net used by 8 different people is the problem.

I'm sure a blue will agree with me I can see the confusing.

You would be wrong. The blues on here have repeatedly stated that the only time you can/should share an account is with a minor you are the parent/legal guardian of.

If you choose not to follow the terms, that is your decision. The appropriate sections have been pointed out for you. If you still choose not to believe it, it is only your skills that have not been sharpened.

And here is a post within the last month from a Blue that says don't share with your spouse.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9344334377

Adding in another one :

Edited that to the important parts for you - and the answer is no. You cannot share an account with ANYONE except one minor child that you are either the parent or legal guardian of.

Not your BFF, Spouse, in-laws, out-laws or Siamese cat. :P

Notice how it clearly says not your spouse? In blue?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4081811696?page=2#21
Edited by Diamora on 7/27/2013 5:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
I disagree. I believe there is no problem sharing an account with your wife in the manner the OP is doing so.

The Battle.net Terms of Use - which I quoted for you in my reply - expressly prohibits it.

So while you're entitled to your opinion that there's no "problem" with it... it's not permitted, regardless of your opinion.

People multibox and they are using several accounts on one battlenet account at the same time.

Accounts registered to the same user, played by the same user. Nothing wrong with that.

It's sharing with another user that's the problem.
"The Universe just loves proving me wrong, doesn't it?" -- Sokka
"You make it too easy!" -- Toph
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
People multibox

The registered user of an account is allowed to access mulitple accounts they own simultaneously. Quite simply, you ARE wrong.

I would suggest re-reading the warning Orylia provided you about your opinions and thread derailment (and spreading misinformation in this case):
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9499691695#11
Reply Quote
8 Orc Hunter
I disagree. I believe there is no problem sharing an account with your wife in the manner the OP is doing so. Two WoW accounts are being paid for on one battlenet account. There is nothing wrong with it, I personally have talked to blizzard over the phone about this issue. If they were sharing one single account on the battlnet account it would be different. I'm sure a blue will agree with me I can see the confusing. Anyways, like I said, sharpen your skills.

Either way if somehow my amazing self is truly wrong, which I seriously doubt. People multibox and they are using several accounts on one battlenet account at the same time. If blizzard did investigate the situation, I am sure they would have no issue and understand and nothing would happen. If so that would be extremely trashy.

a husband is not allowed to play on his wife's account.

He IS allowed to have up to 8 wow licenses in his name attached to that battlenet account, however.

Whether you believe there is anything wrong with this situation or not... the Terms of Use is exceedingly clear on the matter.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
12 Human Mage
Well whatever. What is factual and what you can do are two different things. Keep that in mind OP. I'm done trying to help. Every time I give my opinion.. it always backs fire. Oh well. I'm still the champ, king, and god in my mind. You guys have a good night.

Yes, it backfires because your opinion is not what controls the rules that Blizzard goes by. Giving an "opinion" as fact and providing misinformation is a violation of the CoC and very misleading to the OP.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
Again, the Terms of Use is not subject to interpretation or personal opinion.

Violating it in the manner that Critmanus is suggesting can lead to the permanent closure of the account.

Could you "get away" with it? Maybe. But it'd be like speeding down the highway - eventually, you'll get pulled over and get in trouble.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -- Groucho Marx
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]