Death knight tanks

90 Human Death Knight
Who here thinks dk tanks are stupid, becuase many people I get into dungeons with think that way, I'm a dk tank and I handle tanking pretty well, so their opinion about me being a dk tank changes pretty fast normaly, what does everyone else think?
Edited by Mistraven on 8/1/2013 10:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
DK tanks are not stupid.

The people that play them, now... that's a different issue entirely.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I gotta go, I'm gonna continue this thread in the morning but I'm about to fall asleep lol but I agree, I've seen dk tanks that are incredible, and I myself am a good tank as a dk and I'm frequently called an epic tank and most people I get into dg's with end up loving me, as for my opinion, I'm just barely decent, I like to tank so I try to be good at it, but I'm not the best, I'm only good enough to get us to the final boss without getting killed
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I like DK tanking, my only suggestion for change (Apart from whats being done next patch (WHICH IS AWESOME)) is to add another passive to blood. Maybe something like this would be a nice quality of life change.

Passive: While in blood presence; Increases your chance to hit with Outbreak by 10%.

Doesnt sound to gamebreaking does it?

Other then that, DK tanks are truly awesome.

Love them for life.
Reply Quote
44 Gnome Priest
I like DK tanking, my only suggestion for change (Apart from whats being done next patch (WHICH IS AWESOME)) is to add another passive to blood. Maybe something like this would be a nice quality of life change.

Passive: While in blood presence; Increases your chance to hit with Outbreak by 10%.

Doesnt sound to gamebreaking does it?

Other then that, DK tanks are truly awesome.

Love them for life.
Maybe if you were hit cap you wouldn't miss
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I am a fair dk tank and it seems that when I queue up everyone strts yelling about being happy I was tanking because normaly I end up with people I have done dg's with before so they have seen my tanking, I still think my tanking is just barely passable, but I guess they say I'm good because I can survive longer than most tanks by using a pattern of ablilites to stay alive so I can tank without a healer for quite a while, or tank until the healer gets to be, other than that, I'm bad at tanking
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Not to be THAT guy, but periods. Please use them.

It makes reading what you are saying a lot easier.

And all of the tanks are viable and useable at all levels this expansion. Yes, some tanks do a bit better than others, but the variation is minimal, with only tank DPS really being a sticking point most of the time.

My 2 cents.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Maybe if you were hit cap you wouldn't miss

That's what they said about taunting in WoTLK. Look how that turned out.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
DK tanks are perfectly fine. Heck, I'd rank them right behind paladins.

The problem is low-level DKs. They have a reputation for being awful and usually live up to it. That should mostly be confined to 58-70 though, since they'll have a good range of abilities and some decent practice afterward.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
In a bubble, the class/spec is amazing. Very well designed, fun, effective in its role.

But when you start comparing an equally skilled player using a monk or a paladin.. we drop off the map hard. It's really unfortunate but outside of the bubble we're weaker and the changes in 5.4 aren't going to help that too damn much, a little certainly but yeah... its still rough.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Maybe they saw your Caster helm & Agi cloak & made a stereotypical judgement

/shrug
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
+10 for your epic trollness Mistraven.

If I queued for a dungeon and you were my tank with that helm and cloak, I'd drop and re-queue.

/drink
Reply Quote
Leveling a death knight and learning to tank is a little harder than most if you aren't used to tanking as a death knight. The rune system they have is a very different change then leveling a different type of tank, and thats what makes the dk tanks have such a bad opinion at lower levels.
Reply Quote
@ Miriel: I haven't met a monk tank i couldn't give a good fight too. Paladin tanks are just op this expansion(seen too many 530+ tanks in dps gear pulling 150k+ dps) Therefore, paladin tanks i'd agree, but not monk tanks. If you can't keep threat off a monk tank, you're doing something wrong. For example, try glyphing in your minor glyphs into "Resilient grip" which works on the bosses that can't be dg'ed for whatever reason.
Edited by Dëpression on 8/6/2013 4:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Not every DK is an idiot, but every idiot has a DK
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
the average leveling dk tank will argue that death strike is a waste of runes.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
I wouldn't really care about "missing" enchants on a level 85, unless I happened to know that the character was an enchanter themselves -- you just go through gear too fast to take time, let alone gold, to enchant each piece. But the int item and two agi items would make me question whether the player knew the mechanics of their own spec.

Anyway... some DK tanks are stupid, some are not. They get a bad rep in the 60ish range because people who are new to the class jump from leaving the starting zone straight into tanking things like Hellfire Ramparts, without even knowing half their class abilities. This doesn't always work out so well. Also, rune regeneration is a bit sluggish before the 75 talent tier.

But the ones who are still sticking with it in Cata have probably figured out at least some of what they're doing. At least, I tell myself that :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]