Anyone know when patch 5.4 is coming out?

90 Night Elf Death Knight
I know there is no release date yet. But patch 5.4 is in the ptr. So I was wondering if it will come out before I go back to school in less than a month.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Safest bet is September, and I would be very surprised if it was out earlier.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
No, nobody knows. Any speculation is worthless.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'd put Monopoly money on the day after Labor Day.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Soon.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
No one knows, but I agree with Kimlerin. Blizz will not want to ruin their Holiday weekend with all of the extra headaches the 5.4 launch will bring.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Most of the current talk like on MMO champs is end of August to mid September for patch 5.4 to come out....and usually that talk is not far off for release dates.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

Well I don't know about "worthless". After all, in most scenarios there is a big difference between pulling a number out of your !@# and making an educated guess.

Based on Blizzard's stated release schedule (2 months after every raid patch and 4 months after every "story" patch), which it has followed pretty well, and the release dates of 5.2 and 5.3, early-mid September seems like the most likely date range, assuming it doesn't get delayed.

At the very least, I'm 100% sure that it won't release before September (I even have a few in-game wagers riding on that).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It'll come out when it's ready.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
At the very least, I'm 100% sure that it won't release before September (I even have a few in-game wagers riding on that).

I'm not sure you understand the concept of 100%
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Soon™
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
A few weeks after you start the data download for the patch so far
it as not started to download the patch so you have to wait a few week after that
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Soon: Copyright 2004-2013 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day. Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
Edited by Gulder on 7/30/2013 9:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
i have a hunch anywhere from mid august to early september
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]