Tabard of the Lightbringer Transmog. Help!

So my boyfriend recently got his lightbringer tabard, and he asked me to make him a transmog. I've come up with a couple rough ideas, but they're always either too hard to obtain, from quests (he's got the Loremaster 'chievy), or just not his style.

Now I'm here, asking you warriors (who probably know more about plate sets than I do), what goes well with the tabard? To give you an idea of what kind of set I'm looking for, here's what I came up with on my own:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ij2seq.jpg

http://tinypic.com/r/2dvri8n/5

http://tinypic.com/r/153wk7s/5

Sorry about the weird human model... Mogit gives me the weirdest preview models.
Edited by Mindina on 7/31/2013 3:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I was going to suggest the Imperial Plate crafted set, but it looks like you're using that in the 3rd pic.
Reply Quote
I was going to suggest the Imperial Plate crafted set, but it looks like you're using that in the 3rd pic.

Yeah, I used most of it for that one with a few tweaks here and there. Didn't like the leggings. They were too bright.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I'm in love with the xmog ive set my mind to. Going for 9/9 challenge mod gold, light bringer tabard, and two Life and Death from naxx 25 off of gothik the harvester.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
http://i.imgur.com/IALq8t5.jpg
I went with the 80 Naxx Tier Helm, T3 shoulders, and some bluish pieces from several places (Ruthless Glad belt, Vengeful Glad legs, etc.). T3 is one of my favorite sets, so I'm glad it fits the Lightbringer Tabard.

I could probably fill in the other pieces with the DK Naxx gear lookalikes, but I'm fine with just the upper body matching.

If anything, Imperial Plate is always a good default. The colors fit really well together. If you want scaled down shoulderpads (cause I know not everyone like the big, bulky ones), go for Heavy Mithril Shoulder. They look a bit more like the Stormwind Guard shoulders.

I'm in love with the xmog ive set my mind to. Going for 9/9 challenge mod gold, light bringer tabard, and two Life and Death from naxx 25 off of gothik the harvester.
http://i.imgur.com/S4zXvyM.jpg
I use this with my Tank set, but I opted for Spine of the Thousand Cuts. Took a LOT of farming, but it was easy gold and worth the time.
Edited by Shadun on 8/1/2013 6:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm the person in question, and this is what I ended up going with. Was actually my transmog before I got the tabard and such, too. I just changed the helmet, sword, and shirt. And hid the cloak.

However, Shadun, your set is just a blast from the past adding the Death Knight tier us Warriors had, with the coolest tabard ever.
Edited by Agalladorn on 8/1/2013 6:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is one of mine, I also like the blue Ulduar 25 siegebreaker recolor with this tabard.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You could have him use this one as well; it's a mix of some sets, but it works out okay.

Also what I use for Prot: Vengeful shoulders, gloves and chest, T15 normal legs, boots and belt. Also, Crustacean Stompers, which are a set of blue boots that match Vengeful and are the bigger boot look.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
mine is p much the best

everything glows in game :v
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
T11 pally look alike (what i'm wearing :D) Matches the blue tabard pretty well :>
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You could have him use this one as well; it's a mix of some sets, but it works out okay.

Too bad we can't see most of it because of that spike covered barn door you're carrying. ;-)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
08/02/2013 11:54 AMPosted by Rolas

Too bad we can't see most of it because of that spike covered barn door you're carrying. ;-)

It protects my delicate frame from boss attacks!

You try blocking a dinosaur's trihorns when they're gunning for your face with something smaller :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
believe someone put a set together with the blue/white version of the mop plate greens and some plate shoulders that barely even look like shoulders and it looked pretty good
Edited by Warbourne on 8/2/2013 9:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
not a warrior, but still wanted to share. i went another way....
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Can I suggest my set?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
T3 Paladin, expensive, but goes perfectly w/ it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
t11 normal with hailstorm x2 or sonic spear for tg/arms once polearms are back for fury and they most likely change transmog rules to fit it or use byrntroll or w/e the spelling is from 25 marrowgar.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]