Xuen's Challenge (enhance shamen)

100 Pandaren Shaman
Any Enhance Shamen that have been able to complete this I would love to hear some tips from. At this point I've done it about 8-10 times, and haven't been able to down the spawns. I don't think it's a gear issue (although you're free to correct me on that, I do about 120k over the course of a single target boss fight), I just get hit really hard. As soon as they appear I have time to pop my ghost wolves, shamanistic rage, and the earth elemental and have him focus on me to prevent damage as well, and then I'm dead. That's ignoring the fact that the best way to get them down would be to spread flame shock and fire nova them down, but it seems lava lash is always on CD when they pop (delaying the time I really do damage to them). I've tried holding lava lash in reserve for when they come, but that's holding back on a huge damage dealer just to wait for them. I'm going to try the ghost wolves glyph and the flameshock glyph next to get a little more self-healing, but given how badly I've failed at this I'm not sure that's going to be enough. Tips?
Edited by Melchezedek on 8/6/2013 8:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I have none for you, sadly. I've been posting in the other thread about this quest and even with excellent gear and reasonable skill, I cannot do it. Please take a look at the other thread and request a sticky to get somebody from Blizz to look at this and at least comment.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
For the OP - You look like you have about the same setup I switched to when I got it. I'd been lazy about switching over to haste, but doing so and letting the adds go down with splash damage (fire ele, fire nova, and chain lightning) meant I beat him before they were able to cause any problems when they respawned.

I basically hit everything right off the bat and he was defeated before I got to the mirror image stage
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
For the OP - You look like you have about the same setup I switched to when I got it. I'd been lazy about switching over to haste, but doing so and letting the adds go down with splash damage (fire ele, fire nova, and chain lightning) meant I beat him before they were able to cause any problems when they respawned.

I basically hit everything right off the bat and he was defeated before I got to the mirror image stage

This seems to be the optimal way to do it as an enhancement shaman. Took a few tries, but bursting him down, interrupting his Deathborn cast, and AOE was the key. He'll fall over before the mirrior image stage :)

Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
8-10 times, good luck. I am been working on this for more than 4 hours straight.
They have nerfed the content which is making it slightly easier.. but I am about to start my5th hour working on him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]