Timeless Cloth Gear for Healers: No Spirit?

90 Pandaren Priest
Leaving aside my deep sadness that I, as a Priest, cannot access the new Cloudscorcher recolor gear (since you must be either a Mage or a Warlock to get it, and Priests just get yet another recolor of the Eternal Dynasty Regalia (Recolor) that we already had access to (It looks like this: Robe of the Five Sisters) because apparently Priests don't need a pretty new recolor for transmog!), I have a serious problem with the gear I'm getting from these coins.

None of it has Spirit.

None of it.

I have now gotten 3-4 pieces of the gear. I have used these items to see what the 496 gear looks like. I have been in Holy spec every single time, with my loot specification set to Holy. Every single time, I have gotten a piece with no Spirit on it.

Now, I'm not saying that I need more Spirit, though as a Holy Priest anything with Spirit on it is worth more than a non-Spirit piece of the same level. But this gear is ostensibly supposed to be a "catch-up" method for alts and newer players. If a Holy or Disc Priest is still building their gear set, and a 496 would be an upgrade for them, they need more Spirit.

I don't understand why you would give an up and coming Holy or Disc Priest non-Spirit gear, when they are generally struggling to hit 9-10k as is. And while I understand that many raiding Priests are sitting at less than 10k Spirit at the moment, that is a function more of an excess of ilvl + access to MTT and is not indicative of a lesser need for Spirit in fresh 90s and undergeared characters.

Please, Blizzard, if you are going to put these upgrade pieces out here in the Timeless Isle, and ask lesser geared Priests and fresh 90s to fight through these waves of elites to get the items, put Spirit on the HEALING gear. Especially when you have apparently decided we're not allowed to even FIND the DPS gear because of our class. You're really giving two out of three specs of Priest a bad time by itemizing the gear this way.
Edited by Tiriel on 8/1/2013 9:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Well, they think Spirit doesn't make it healer gear, and consider crit a viable replacement, at least that's how they thought in Cata.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
/tin foil hat time

Since disc doesn't really need the spirit like holy does they are getting rid of the spirit gear trying to churn out more disc priests to HINT AT THE ULTIMATE PLAN OF HOLY DPS SPEC IN 6.0!!!!

/take off tin foil hat.

Who knows. Prolly just lazy design and firelands 2.0 (where or where did all my spirit gear go?) and at best you'll just get a lol reforge response.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
/tin foil hat time

Since disc doesn't really need the spirit like holy does they are getting rid of the spirit gear trying to churn out more disc priests to HINT AT THE ULTIMATE PLAN OF HOLY DPS SPEC IN 6.0!!!!

/take off tin foil hat.

Who knows. Prolly just lazy design and firelands 2.0 (where or where did all my spirit gear go?) and at best you'll just get a lol reforge response.

Call me crazy, but if we're stuck with this gear because we're Priests, then it should at least be semi-correctly itemized. And for god's sake, if your spec is Holy/loot spec set to Holy, the gear should have a very high chance to have Spirit on it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
And for god's sake, if your spec is Holy/loot spec set to Holy, the gear should have a very high chance to have Spirit on it.

It's entirely possible that there's no Holy loot spec, and the game only has "Caster DPS" and "Caster Healer" settings. In that scenario, Disc gear would comprise half of the Caster Healer outcomes, excluding shared loot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Call me crazy, but if we're stuck with this gear because we're Priests, then it should at least be semi-correctly itemized. And for god's sake, if your spec is Holy/loot spec set to Holy, the gear should have a very high chance to have Spirit on it.

Not to derail your point cause I do think it is a very fair and valid point but I have always wondered what the difference is between loot specialization holy and disc when I set it for my toon. I really have no clue if it gives different gear. Maybe that's why I never get HLG lol.

Disc favoritism has just been pretty obvious for most of the expansion in terms of ten man (excluding 5.0) and I hope they put in a few spirit items for those few and brave and proud holy priests (I really do love the spec hope I can make a comeback in 5.4) thankfully I won't need 496 gear though but it does punish alts trying to gear, at the same time though if its just meant to be a filter to get people into lfr for gear, as long as lfr has enough pieces of loot with spirit on it, healing with gear that doesn't have spirit wont matter much cuz of the nature of lfr.

Not trying to demean lfr, just saying you rarely need 6 healers to actually complete a fight in there.
Edited by Rapsidy on 8/2/2013 12:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock

Not to derail your point cause I do think it is a very fair and valid point but I have always wondered what the difference is between loot specialization holy and disc when I set it for my toon. I really have no clue if it gives different gear. Maybe that's why I never get HLG lol.

There likely isn't any difference. There's no difference between Destro/Demo/Affliction (all DPS specs), Frost/Fire/Arcane (all DPS specs), Survival/MM/BM (all DPS specs) or between Frost an Unholy besides weapons, or between Combat/Sub/!@# (besides weapons).

So given that, it's likely they share a generic (non- +hit) loot table.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

There likely isn't any difference. There's no difference between Destro/Demo/Affliction (all DPS specs), Frost/Fire/Arcane (all DPS specs), Survival/MM/BM (all DPS specs) or between Frost an Unholy besides weapons, or between Combat/Sub/!@# (besides weapons).

So given that, it's likely they share a generic (non- +hit) loot table.

It mostly likely simply has a tag that doesn't allow for +hit to be a possible stat on the item. But the token itself says that it will be an item "useful for your current spec." well, I'm sorry, but if it doesn't have Spirit on it, I don't want it. I simply don't want it (particularly if my gear is so behind that 496 is an upgrade, since that also implies that I don't have the LMG, much less Horridon's Last Gasp, which are the only two things that let me wear these shoes :-P).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I have finally gotten one piece of gear with Spirit on it - a helm with Spirit, a meta slot, and a red slot. For whatever reason, it only was budgeted for 1 secondary stat.

Oddly, I have a pair of pants that I got that gave me Mastery and Crit, plus a gem socket (so...2 secondary stats?) but my friend got a chest that only had one secondary stat + a socket.

The ring I got also only had one secondary stat on it - Crit.

So that's...one item with Spirit so far? :-\
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]