Sacred Shield nerf.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yet again Ret gets punished for Prot having something too powerful. If you haven't noticed yet, Sacred Shield was nerfed by 30% on the PTR for Ret and Prot.

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

First we lost any use of the battle healer glyph, and now sacred shield is pretty much useless. It was still less useful than Selfless Healer 80% of the time, but it was still at least useful enough to swap to it now and again.

Back when the Sacred Shield change was reverted a dev said they'd explore a way to make it more attractive to Ret and Holy in a future build. 30% nerf? not so much.

They want talents to be a choice, but in one patch we're being basically forced into Hammer of Justice and Selfless Healer. Eternal flame buff is nice, but it needs some kind of hot overwrite protection to be viable. Having a 3 point EF hot overwritten by a 2 or 1 point EF sucks.
Edited by Andhar on 8/3/2013 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Its called balancing /w blizzard twist

Plus I wouldn't really pay any attention to the PTR until the patch is on live servers; they change and throw shyt around more then wild monkeys...

Know how many nerfs and buffs made it on to live that were suppose to be reverted or changed in 5.3; even after twitter and blue posts said they would not go live.

Battle healer glyph nerf is more of all the QQ'ers out there nerf, they all forget the 200-400k AoE heals a Blood DK's worms throw out at a high rate. Hell my DK I've had 2-3 worms spawn at same time. THIS gets ignored cause Meters (Recount, Skada or WOL) don't pick it up PROPERLY. Just ask a DK to join in a party and Auto swing on the test dumby watch the 150k heal no veng. start after 30 sec, if he's lucky he'll have 2-3 worms up by the first min; Much stronger then battle healer.

Personally I think they just get lazy in having to remove something or add something to avoid having to make and deploy a new build.
Edited by Azexx on 8/3/2013 10:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Blood elf males should just receive a 30 percent nerf to everything.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Yeah, I was pretty surprised when I saw that. If it wasn't in the patch notes I'd assume it was a datamining error. Selfless Healer has been the go-to talent for a long time. Not sure why they want to make Sacred Shield even worse.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Mage
Blood elf males should just receive a 30 percent nerf to everything.

What about your hybrid goat, I dont see how you can get over that wierd !@# and run animation lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]