Any votes for DW for blood 5.4 ?

90 Gnome Death Knight
I would like to see DW be viable for tanking in 5.4 . I enjoy DW but have been told it sucks for tanking
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
no
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I would like to see DW be viable for tanking in 5.4 . I enjoy DW but have been told it sucks for tanking

No. They have enough problems keeping DW Frost and 2 Handed frost even near each other. Mostly amounting to band aid adjustments for the two of them by tweaking passives. We don't need that for tanking to. You should prefer their spending time on things like survival and other issues for Blood instead of even more balancing issues just because you want to dual wield...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
DW tanking is dumb and should never be done.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Many attempts to make it work but sadly the only time it will ever be useful for a blood DK to use DW is in RBG tanking for double enchants. But tanking for RBG's no longer works, we have Druids for that now...
Reply Quote
Since frost isnt doing so well for dwing, and theres a ton of tank 1handers, maybe they should just give blood the threat of thassarian. We have the rune enchants to also make it work with ease. I just dont see why people say, "it wouldnt work" it wouldnt work the way things are now, but how well has dw frost been working as of late? It wouldnt work, doesnt mean it cannot work also. It would work and would probably be really fun to have the choice.

They should just allow threat of thassarian to be one of the choices for each spec to be honest. The game is never 100% balanced, and a lot of people would appreciate the choices.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
The game is never 100% balanced, and a lot of people would appreciate the choices.

then why imbalance it even farther?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Hate to break it to you but there is NO such thing as a tank 1 hander. This Hit/Expertise 1 hander is as much as tank or dps. Hit/Crit basically the same thing. There are 4 2 handers and 4 1 handers. The difference is you need 2 to be DW and you need just 1 for 2 handed. Regardless.

As for DW Frost. Don't believe the forums. 2 handed Wins because it overpopulates. On some fights DW Frost is up there with them. A simulator tells you that one is better than the other. But it's a simulator. They're so close that Random chance lets one push ahead. But since most are 2 handed Frost they have the most chances for the stars to align for that big top 200. For a fight like 25 man Heroic Council 3 of the top 4 are DW Frost and just one 2 handed Frost managed to get it all line up right to beat them.

A lesser played spec is less likely to look well because the are not geared or used. An example of players assuming something. During a blizzcon one of the players asked the devs if Bear Druids would get a buff because they were not used compared to Paladins & Warriors. The devs had to respond with how the druids were actually the strongest tank of the time just most players did not use them to even see that. There was a similar point with that just a little bit ago when a player asked basically if blood dk would see some love cause it's so little played. Which the devs had to point out it's the most played tank spec actually at max level.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Acid-Spine Bonemace
Tanking Weapon.
Regardless, no, not going to happen.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Dear Blizzard;
please remove unholy and blood's ability to use 1 handed weapons

Signed; every single DK who's had to explain 4289589289508920 times why it's bad

Similar to how Mistweavers can't dual wield, and non-enhancement shamans can't either, There are plenty of precedents for Blizzard to restrict equipment to save stupidity.
Edited by Azane on 8/4/2013 7:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Death Knight
But then I wouldn't be able to goof off* with Warglaives as Unholy.
Edited by Mighella on 8/4/2013 8:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
96 Human Death Knight
Dear Blizzard;
please remove unholy and blood's ability to use 1 handed weapons

Signed; every single DK who's had to explain 4289589289508920 times why it's bad

Similar to how Mistweavers can't dual wield, and non-enhancement shamans can't either, There are plenty of precedents for Blizzard to restrict equipment to save stupidity.

Blame that one quest in the DK starting zone... BLAME IT!

UNLEASH YOUR FURY!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Blame that one quest in the DK starting zone... BLAME IT!

UNLEASH YOUR FURY!

That damned torture quest. Had to kill too many scarlet crusaders just to get one to talk to finish quest. Also probably the reason they have yet to remove one handers from blood and unholy since they would have to redo that quest.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
DW tanking is dumb and should never be done.

Monks can DW tank. And frost DK's could DW tank in Wrath, back when every tree had both tanking and DPS talents. But since Cata, DW tanking is NOT viable on death knights. DW is frost-only, and you can no longer tank as frost.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
That damned torture quest. Had to kill too many scarlet crusaders just to get one to talk to finish quest. Also probably the reason they have yet to remove one handers from blood and unholy since they would have to redo that quest.

It would take 2seconds, literally, to program in a 2 handed version of the thing, or to make it an unclassified item rather than equipped.

Monks can DW tank. And frost DK's could DW tank in Wrath, back when every tree had both tanking and DPS talents. But since Cata, DW tanking is NOT viable on death knights. DW is frost-only, and you can no longer tank as frost.

To be fair, Monks don't really dual wield, they still swing with 1 weapon, they just stat stick and average their weapons.
Edited by Azane on 8/5/2013 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/04/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Desecrate
The game is never 100% balanced, and a lot of people would appreciate the choices.

then why imbalance it even farther?

I dont see how it would get any worse, what would make duelwielding as blood less balanced? Get into some detail about what your saying, vs saying something like "Regardless, no, not going to happen" or "DW tanking is dumb and should never be done" or even "Dear Blizzard;
please remove unholy and blood's ability to use 1 handed weapons. Signed; every single DK who's had to explain 4289589289508920 times why it's bad"

Even this dude typed something that made sense "It would take 2seconds, literally, to program in a 2 handed version of the thing, or to make it an unclassified item rather than equipped" and yet, none of you think about why the same thing couldnt be applied to other specs. Im not saying I go out and duel wield, Im saying an option would not break the game.

Plus im not here to debate why people dont want to, or think its dumb. Monks can duelwield or use 2h as tanks, they use a stave/polearm, they get increased haste, they duelwield, there ofhand hits for more, what a simple mechanic they thought of there, same with the threat of thassarian.

I might be able to make use of even more transmog weapons that I've got saved as well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
They have said openly they want blood to be a 2 handed tank. How monks function is not like you or I. They function more like how druids do which is not like us and other melee. It doesn't translate to try and be like others. On top of that after a while there is too much freedom. What stops warriors and paladins from demanding that they get to DW as well? Why can't mages hold a sword in one hand and a staff in another like some caster npcs? It's simply because it's not a perfect balance now. Players would end telling others to use the most "optimal" because it's just that. Others will cry "buff me" if it's less optimal. You can dw tank now. It's just not that optimal.

Asking for a poll or some other form of action to get the devs to do something they've openly said they will not do? Is a pointless up hill battle for a dead horse that they killed back before cata even came out.
Edited by Tor on 8/5/2013 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I don't see why people are so opposed to DW tanking. Yes, it's !@#$ NOW, but if they actually balanced it, why wouldn't you use it? Some people prefer dual wield to 2hand, and weapon-only tanking has always been our niche as a plate tank. So why not? Sure, balance issues etc, but frost DW and 2h aren't so far apart that one or the other is unplayable.
Edited by Milicatwo on 8/6/2013 12:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a monk I tank with, and im not sure where you get this idea that they are closer to druids, who cant even parry mind you. Describe what it is you believe that relates a druid to a monk when it comes to tanking? Last time I looked, both jab and keg smash do main hand damage, it says nothing about the offhand if your duelwielding, which is why I prefer using a 2h on that toon as well.

The monk is just so much different then a druid. Anyways that wasnt what the topic was about, people pay money to this company, and these choices are not hard to implement back into the game. They could easily tweak a few passives for this to work, this isnt rocket science, just because some of you have a gripe against it, doesnt mean that it cant work. In can in fact work with ease, just like it used to, if not better.

Were talking about balancing it with tanks anyways, not really much of an issue, people arent going to start crying about how the blood dk is pushing to much dps. I notice a few of them complaining about how were the lowest in dps, unless we start reforging into some of the other dps stats, which I think is funny, your a tank and you want to increase your dps, ok, who is stopping you? Looks like we must be doing a lot better then we think if were no longer worried about our avoidance/mastery.

What exactly do you have to argue about anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Monks like druid was in regards to weapons versus dry swings and damage. Just slightly different in how weapons are used specials and so on. Dry swings are more "normalized" than other melee. A functions thing that makes both DW and 2 handed easier to work with for Blizzard than if a more traditional melee like warrior, rogue or DK. A form that lets them easily change things because monks were built around this concept.

For Monk it's the weapon's dps not the damage. This makes it most like Feral. The math is based on the weapons dps. It's why you don't see a large difference between either. Basically the weapons attack in the same function. So it works like this. They speed up the slower 2 hander so and increase the dry swings so overall the melee is more or less the same. After that it uses the dps on the mainhand to decide things.

You clobber the target with your staff, dealing [1.5 * (1 * (1 * 0.898882 * (Mainhand Min DPS + 1 * (Mainhand Min DPS /2)) + (Attack power / 14) - 1))] to [1.5 * (1 * (1 * 0.898882 * (Mainhand Max DPS + 1 * (Mainhand Max DPS /2)) + (Attack power / 14) + 1))] damage and generating 1 Chi.

vs.

You Jab the target, dealing [1.5 * (1 * (1 * 0.898882 * (Mainhand Min DPS + 1 * (Mainhand Min DPS /2)) + (Attack power / 14) - 1))] to [1.5 * (1 * (1 * 0.898882 * (Mainhand Max DPS + 1 * (Mainhand Max DPS /2)) + (Attack power / 14) + 1))] damage and generating 1 Chi.

The list goes on cause they literally had to write a version of most monk abilities for every weapon type in the game. Not exactly the practical way to write classes...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]