Uhhh next expansion.. 90-100

http://i.imgur.com/i6Lla42.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Or, y'know, they're setting up the weapon to be useful for two expansions?
Edited by Alyxandriah on 8/7/2013 7:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
http://i.imgur.com/i6Lla42.jpg

I'm okay with that. Provided that it doesn't take longer than 85-90, of course.

A possibility, though it'd be bloody useless by that next expansion.
Edited by Gerart on 8/7/2013 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Not sure how I feel about this
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Ok.

The increase in levels from xpack to xpack is an arbitrary number anyway.

So this barely qualifies as news, especially when it's based on data mined info that could very well change or never even see live server.
Reply Quote

Why would they let you keep the same weapon for 2 expansions?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Maybe Blizzard is trolling everyone. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Ok.

So this barely qualifies as news, especially when it's based on data mined info that could very well change or never even see live server.

Wrong. It was an attempt to keep gear scaling to a minimum. If it was 10 levels every expansion we'd be looking at ilvls approximately in the 700s
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
08/07/2013 07:43 PMPosted by Zerkked

I dunno, why can I purchase an axe for JP that I use through all of Classic, BC and Wrath?

Which I can upgrade, to also use through Cataclysm?
Reply Quote
Woah, heirlooms that drop off of a BOSS...now I've seen everything!
Reply Quote
Ok.

This isn't Datamined. I just went onto the 5.4 PTR and took a screenshot of it. This is in the patch ATM. Lets see if Blizzard tries to pull it as a glitch or something.

An awesome concept. Letting you get weapons like this.

And it is only the updated PvP horde weapons that have this. Not every weapon does. Also you can't get them in raid finder.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I wouldn't mind 10 levels for this next expansion, but things change in development. They had guild levels up to level 30 in MoP beta.
Reply Quote
08/07/2013 07:46 PMPosted by Alyxandriah

I dunno, why can I purchase an axe for JP that I use through all of Classic, BC and Wrath?

Which I can upgrade, to also use through Cataclysm?

That is for 1-90 though.
This is a whole different story at 90-100. As content will be current when we have this weapon. I don't know how it will work.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Wrong. It was an attempt to keep gear scaling to a minimum. If it was 10 levels every expansion we'd be looking at ilvls approximately in the 700s

I fail to see how the number of levels we go up has anything to do with gear scaling.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
That is for 1-90 though.
This is a whole different story at 90-100. As content will be current when we have this weapon. I don't know how it will work.
It's an heirloom.
So you can pass it off to another character.
It's stats will scale as you level up, meaning it will retain it's usefulness until level 100.
So basically how it's looking is you have the current axe until 80/85
Then you go through MOP using one of the blue 'treasure of Pandaria' weapons that are BoA and are useful from like level 86 to 89? (eg. Sturdy Yaungol Spear)
Then you get this and punch out the remaining levels until cap - whether that ends up being 95 or 100.
Edited by Alyxandriah on 8/7/2013 7:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That is for 1-90 though.
It's an heirloom.
So you can pass it off to another character.
It's stats will scale as you level up, meaning it will retain it's usefulness until level 100.
So basically how it's looking is you have the current axe until 80/85
Then you go through MOP using one of the blue 'treasure of Pandaria' weapons that are BoA and are useful from like level 86 to 89? (eg. Sturdy Yaungol Spear)
Then you get this and punch out the remaining levels until cap - whether that ends up being 95 or 100.

Oh yea I forgot about the polearm people can get. Still I don't know. You can speculate but I really don't know.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Oh yea I forgot about the polearm people can get. Still I don't know. You can speculate but I really don't know.
No one really knows.
I'm just throwing out a possibility.
Reply Quote
Am I the only one still amazed an heirloom drops off of a boss?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Am I the only one still amazed an heirloom drops off of a boss?

I am too. Strange..
Reply Quote
I am too. Strange..

20 bucks says the drop rate on it will be the equivalent of Kim Kardashian finally picking up quantum mechanics textbooks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]