What ilv is enough for ToT raid?

1 Human Priest
500 ilv as frost dk enough for how many bosses?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
LFR, You can do any boss with 480.

Normal, alot of people want people with atleast 510-515 it really depends. With an ilvl of 500 you probably could do up to tortos. Then, if everyone has the same ilvl as you it might get difficult.

For heroic though you might wanna get a little higher than that ;).
Edited by Pikatyr on 7/31/2013 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Should be good to clear the place. I run with an ele shaman in my team that started at 490 and has just now reached 499. We take her because she is a good player and we like her so just find a good group :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
A lot of people I know have been looking for 510+ ToT. But skill > gear. I've seen well geared people do absolutely awful dps.

So if you're at 500, and doing 150k dps you could probably do ToT. Though I haven't gotten terrible far, as I left my old raiding group.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
A lot of people I know have been looking for 510+ ToT. But skill > gear. I've seen well geared people do absolutely awful dps.

So if you're at 500, and doing 150k dps you could probably do ToT. Though I haven't gotten terrible far, as I left my old raiding group.

You don't need to do 150k dps on ToT. 100k is enough.

Perhaps for Lei-Shen. Previous bosses are not that hard.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Previous tier's normal mode average item level is what the current tier's normal modes are tuned for to start with. You'd be fine starting off ToT (so up to probably Meg) as low as 489 (MSV Normal ilvl,) though as you get farther into the instance that'd ramp up slowly till you're looking at around 500-505 being an appropriate low to look for for Lei Shen.

As mentioned by another poster, skill > gear, and the right player could push through the content with lower ilvls than the ones I've listed.
Edited by Gistwiki on 7/31/2013 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Usually if you are full-geared in epics from the previous tier, you can full clear the next one. But it takes skill and knowledge of the fight.

Its probably why they gate the raids now since players would just full clear all the content by the 3rd day since we don't get gear-check bosses anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]