so 2 tea stacks = 1 s GCD.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Monk GCD is 1s.

so 2 tea stacks = 1 s GCD.

I fixed it. Forgot it was universal and not due to the high haste we yield
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Mistweaver was actually one of the more difficult healing specs for me to learn. Eventually I found what worked best for me (a mix of fistweaving and mistweaving).

I once spent an entire heroic with 5% mana due to some combat bug on my monk. I love mana tea now.
Edited by Jujubiju on 8/5/2013 7:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Superhero, you're barking up the wrong tree if you're trying to argue best practices with Mist and Suplift--they're two of the best MW monks in the world. Just step back from the keyboard and accept that you're wrong.

I'm better than mist

@Superhero, i'll give you this. Unglyphed mana tea is stronger than glyphed in 5.4

Because they ultra buffed mana tea and RJW.

As of right now you're 12k spirit mw who unglyphed mana tea trying to argue with heroic raiding monks about what is best.

EDIT: Tiriel is my mother
Edited by Suplift on 8/5/2013 7:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Someone has to keep you in line since you are incapable of doing this yourself, apparently!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
08/05/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Tiriel

Someone has to keep you in line since you are incapable of doing this yourself, apparently!

And we all thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
Next, there is absolutely no way that I could survive large scale damage without relying on Surging Mist. We're working on Lei Shen right now, trying to heal up 400k+ damage on 2-3 different people with just Uplift isn't possible after a static shock. How are you supposed to heal them up? I'm using Chi Burst. I'm using all my Chi. At the end of the day though, I don't have the time slowly get someone back up in health when we're getting hit with another 150-180k damage from bouncing balls or just other damage in general.

Static Shock hits approx 3 second after Bouncing Ball on the first transition of Lei Shen. I pretty much end up using up my Chi initially healing up the bouncing ball just so that we can survive the Static Shock. This leaves me with no Chi to heal up the 400k worth of damage from the static shock. So... how do I heal that? This is all independent of any adds that come in or damage from diffusion chain. I'm healing a quadrant by myself with a Shaman and a DK.

I put an enveloping mist on whoever the diffuse add is on. In regards to the situation you listed, you only need people to have enough health to survive the static shock going off. You have time to heal people up afterwards before more things happen. Healing spheres are great at healing static shock because three orbs will be consumed immediately and you can pump out another three for every surging mist you'd have been casting while still costing less mana.

You are able to solo soak static shock whenever it is on you, alleviating a lot of healing required and the shaman can be helping you heal as well. If you're really worried about the burst healing around bouncing bolts/static use Chi brew after your two uplifts. Hell, make sure the people on your platform are popping personal cooldowns during the second bouncing bolt since it's that close to static and likely will eat both.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Tiriel is my mother

What mean by "mother" here?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
08/05/2013 08:39 PMPosted by Xingling
Tiriel is my mother

Disciplinarian.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

She is my mother

duh
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I seriously think I need help after reading some of the stuff in here.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
As of right now you're 12k spirit mw who unglyphed mana tea trying to argue with heroic raiding monks about what is best.

If what they say is true, then they will have no problem supporting their arguments.

Add in a GCD on so many fights is easy to put in somewhere, while a longer 4-6s channel is not.

Why is it that no one is picking up on the point that I've been trying to make this whole time...

The value of one second or a GCD is different depending on the current situation. If you are in the middle of a high damage period, then ONE GCD is more valuable than several GCD's spend while in low damage periods. This is the point that I'm trying to come across.

If the time that you spend channeling is during low damage periods where your primary healing is just keeping a couple of spells on cooldown, this removes the necessity to use the GCD's during high damage period in order to stay on top of your mana tea stacks.

This is what I've tried to point out multiple times and the only one who even attempted to address it was Mist, which I responded in kind to.

Everyone seems so damn caught up on either the amount of time that you spend channeling or my god damn spirit level which doesn't matter in the argument in the slightest, rather than address the question that I'm posing. If you want to keep berating my gear or calling me out for questioning something logical in a sea of elitist bigots, then these forums live up to their names of being completely worthless.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
I put an enveloping mist on whoever the diffuse add is on. In regards to the situation you listed, you only need people to have enough health to survive the static shock going off. You have time to heal people up afterwards before more things happen. Healing spheres are great at healing static shock because three orbs will be consumed immediately and you can pump out another three for every surging mist you'd have been casting while still costing less mana.

So, you are using 3/4's of your Chi on a single target right before a large amount of burst damage that will hit 3 targets? Why would the better option not be to use 2 Uplifts?

Secondly, with the static shocks hitting upwards of 400k, saying that someone only needs enough health to survive it also means that they will need to be damn near full health. In the 15-16 wipes we had last week trying to beat Lei Shen, we had 22 deaths due to Static Shock and of those, probably half of them were a result of multiple damage sources coming in over the course of a short time where burst healing is required.

I will definitely use your suggestion to throw in healing spheres to help out with it.

You are able to solo soak static shock whenever it is on you, alleviating a lot of healing required and the shaman can be helping you heal as well. If you're really worried about the burst healing around bouncing bolts/static use Chi brew after your two uplifts. Hell, make sure the people on your platform are popping personal cooldowns during the second bouncing bolt since it's that close to static and likely will eat both.

Coming back to the static shock issue, again 22 deaths and probably 90% of those deaths were either our Elemental Shaman, DPS DK or Warlock. The rest of the raid has immunities that we use. Without fail though, when we get a static shock on any of these 3, the fights gets immeasurably harder.

The issue is that at some point, their defensive cooldowns will be on cooldown and they'll have to take the full damage. Right now, we just don't have an answer for it and it's something that's wiping us.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
NOBODY USES GLYPHED MANA TEA DURING HIGH DAMAGE PERIODS

NOBODY USES GLYPHED MANA TEA DURING HIGH DAMAGE PERIODS

------> NOBODY USES GLYPHED MANA TEA DURING HIGH DAMAGE PERIODS <------

here is this post in a format you may be able to better understand: http://i.imgur.com/RgVvbt9.gif
Edited by Truelite on 8/6/2013 8:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Coming back to the static shock issue, again 22 deaths and probably 90% of those deaths were either our Elemental Shaman, DPS DK or Warlock. The rest of the raid has immunities that we use. Without fail though, when we get a static shock on any of these 3, the fights gets immeasurably harder.

Tell your warlock to get dark bargain.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
If you want to keep berating my gear or calling me out for questioning something logical in a sea of elitist bigots, then these forums live up to their names of being completely worthless.

It comes down to this, and I'm not going to be nice.

If you're not playing to the best of your ability (min/maxing), you're doing a disservice to your raid.

You have a responses from some of the best MW's in the US, and you seem to refuse their knowledge. By doing this, you're limiting yourself, and such, are a less skilled player.

People don't just go around giving specific advice for no reason. They do it because not only do the numbers work out, but because it's proven to be the most effective build for some of the toughest encounters in the game right now.

If you want to stand your ground, and continue doing it wrong, you can. That's your choice. But remind yourself that you could be doing just that much more for your raid, if you'd just get over yourself.
Edited by Naér on 8/6/2013 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Tell all your raiders to stop being terrible and stack for Static Shock. If you cannot solo soak then you stack and pop a lesser cd to split the damage. You should have at least 3 people in each quadrant. The only time you are absolutely screwed is if you get two Static Shocks in the same quadrant and one of them can't solo soak.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The issue is that at some point, their defensive cooldowns will be on cooldown and they'll have to take the full damage. Right now, we just don't have an answer for it and it's something that's wiping us.

I might be missing something here, but... why don't you just stack when that happens?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Picking through your logs now to attempt to help you. Actually, first, I'm checking your priest's logs.

She (he? I'm going to assume she, excuse me if I'm wrong) used Archangel 40 times in the whole night. She could have used it nearly 133 times. Archangel should either be used on cooldown or saved and used for planned damage (I know I have to save mine 15-20 seconds to use it on the second Thunderstruck in phase 1).

She used Spirit Shell 3 times for the whole night. Three. Out of a possible ~66. That's pitiful uptime. There is almost always something that can be soaked by Spirit Shell within 15 or so seconds of it coming off cooldown. Thunderstruck, adds in phase 2, etc.

24% uptime on PoM is pretty awful. It's fantastic for moving between conduits and in phase 2/3.

She really probably shouldn't be using Renew at all. PW:S, Solace, and Penance are a fantastic mobile toolkit.

She should be using Angelic Bulwark for Lei Shen. The majority of damage taken is tick damage, which AB is most useful against.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
I know you have more experience than me. I know that you've killed hard mode after hard mode. But I just don't see how these things are going to magically make my healing go up significantly. I've been healing since BC on a paladin, killed most of the hard modes in Ulduar and ICC, got the 50 attempts achievement in ToT, burned through probably half of the hard modes in all of Cata. I mean, I have experience. This expansion has been a test of exactly how much patience we have with our current raid group given our progress or lack thereof.

Thing is, you are trying to play a MW like you would a pally (this is what it sounds like to me at least). To me, MW's are a combination of a rogue and a resto druid.

HoT's, Jab/expel harm, Soothing mist for chi. Then your "finishers" (BoK, EM, and Surging <the last two with soothing mist>).

Glyphed MT is better so aren't having to waste XX amount of seconds channeling for mana. That's XX amount of seconds you could be healing. When glyphed, you only waste like 1 second for mana tea- and that gets you back to healing quickly.

I very rarely run OOM on my MW and I don't have the meta gem.

Suplift, am I thinking correctly that MW's get mana back for white hits?
Edited by Jujubiju on 8/6/2013 9:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]