Oqueue

90 Human Warlock
So most threads say the answer to PvP is Oqueue.

Then someone please tell me why isn't it part of the game yet?
Edited by Wosret on 8/2/2013 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
No one but Blizz can tell you that..
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard intentionally designs raiding with the idea that people have certain basic addons, and has never tried to put them into the default UI, which they admit is insufficient. They are addons that have been essential to the core focus of the game for years.

A pvp addon that's a year old isn't in the game yet? Not a surprise.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I didn't know PvP was a question.

On a more serious note, oqueue isn't "the answer to PvP". Oqueue is the answer for those people who have trouble finding groups of people with similar interests to help you complete your objective, whether it be random bgs, RBGs, arenas, world bosses, raiding, or other things.

Most parts of this game are designed to be better with friends. If you don't have friends that want to do the same thing as you at any given moment, oqueue can can help you with that. I personally don't use it, but I would if I ever thought it would help me in a pinch.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Even if they broke OQ it wouldnt change anything. There are countless premades every night on Tich, Illidan, Kel'thuzad, or Darkspear for premades to do regular BGs. Why do people seriously think that will change if Blizzard bans OQ? The only people it would hurt would be casual PvPers who arent in a very large PvP guild or they arent on a very PvP active server but still want to do Rated BGs or run some regular BGs with other people.
Edited by Dabrix on 8/2/2013 12:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Even if they broke OQ it wouldnt change anything. There are countless premades every night on Tich, Illidan, Kel'thuzad, or Darkspear for premades to do regular BGs. Why do people seriously think that will change if Blizzard bans OQ? The only people it would hurt would be casual PvPers who arent in a very large PvP guild or they arent on a very PvP active server but still want to do Rated BGs or run some regular BGs with other people.

That was due to how Oqueue was presented in the forums ad nauseum. It literally became the poster child for premades in pvp. So now anytime a premade or psuedo-premade shows up, Oqueue gets the blame. It is ignorance, but to anyone who was around the forums around six or seven months ago, the only thing you ever got to hear was how it was the be all and end all to everyone's pvp problems.

Thankfully, that died down and Oqueue isn't being marketed in 50% of forum threads like it was. Hopefully with some time, Oqueue will be stop having such a negative stigma about it and people can enjoy what it has to offer. As much as I disagree with a lot of the oqueue regulars, I still see the good the addon has to offer and encourage people to use it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I play on a ghost town faction. Without Oqueue, i would never be able to run rateds, or even get to kill nalak once a week.

I dont use it for running randoms, but without it, i literally wouldnt be able to do anything.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Hunter
Blizzard intentionally designs raiding with the idea that people have certain basic addons, and has never tried to put them into the default UI, which they admit is insufficient. They are addons that have been essential to the core focus of the game for years.

A pvp addon that's a year old isn't in the game yet? Not a surprise.

Yup. They won't outright incorporate an addon intact into the UI, the precedent would be costly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I play on a ghost town faction. Without Oqueue, i would never be able to run rateds, or even get to kill nalak once a week.

I dont use it for running randoms, but without it, i literally wouldnt be able to do anything.

Yea on a good night theres close to 100 OQ groups. Only like 5 of those are random BG steamroll groups. Most are Warbringers, World Bosses, old raids or RBGs. Removing OQ because only a small % of people use it to do random BGs when most people use it for things that arent usually done on their server seems pretty stupid.
Edited by Dabrix on 8/2/2013 2:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Oq has done far more good, than bad.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter

Tell me, are you as dumb as your character looks irl?
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Shaman

Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Wosret you already said I am the best why are you posting?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Funny, we're on the same server.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior

because your 15$ a month isn't enough
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

You need to ask Blizz and they don't read these forums.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Funny, we're on the same server.

We are. Should see how dead it is horde side. LoL
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

If this gets quoted enough, you think someone would answer, or it be deleted?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It's been answered.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
We are. Should see how dead it is horde side. LoL

Two of my mains were horde and I was MT with my warrior. I left for a while, came back in 2012 and had to switch to the alliance side. The horde on our server doesn't even have an auction house.
What's messed up is the Medivh server isn't even one of the worst servers out there.

Medivh has around 3,000 level 90 horde, there are servers out there with less than 500.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]