If a new healing class were introduced...

What would you want the class to be? What kind of healing style and mechanics would you want to see? Would you want it to be similar to certain classes mechanics or entirely new ones?
Reply Quote
While I would love a new class because I love healing, I think everyone has their niche and another healing class might upset the balance. Then again what do I know? I thought that before monks too and they've certainly assimilated fairly well I think. As for what kind of class, I have a friend who plays a game that has this kind of harpist person who heals through music, which sounds kind of cool to me. I'm not sure what kind of mechanics you could work in with that though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
OH GOD THE BARDS ARE COMING!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Something similar like the green dragon in Occulus.

Your diseases applied on the boss heal raid members/heal yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Bards or a blood-mage or something like that. Or a psionicist, some healer that had spell effects similar to arcane magic because it looks cool. All purple/white/blue and sparkly.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Chloromancer or maybe Summoner. ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Bard.

Your spells are like music sheets that you must perfectly master for maximum effect!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Oh gosh I don't know, a few classes picked from FF Tactics? Oracle maybe? Heaven and Hell Knights? I always loved those names. A mediator? XD
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Bard.

Your spells are like music sheets that you must perfectly master for maximum effect!

I imagine bards to require to channel all spells, where the longer channelling time means stronger healing effects. They would also have a passive ability that prevents interruption for a number of charges, and these charges would regen with time.
Reply Quote
Bard.

I imagine bards to require to channel all spells, where the longer channelling time means stronger healing effects. They would also have a passive ability that prevents interruption for a number of charges, and these charges would regen with time.

Strangely that sounds like Sona from League of Legends, a musical themed healing champion.

I think it'd be interesting to have a healer which acts like a "tank healer" and uses a combo point type system.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I think it would be nice if they combined the channeling/musical option with the combo point option.

The longer you channel, the more potent the heal (also increases mana cost by a slim % each second) -- also adds combo points.

It would be cool to add a "Genesis" type spell to instantly heal (and remove combo points) based on # of combo points on said target.

*shrug* I'm not very creative..
Reply Quote
Something similar like the green dragon in Occulus.

Your diseases applied on the boss heal raid members/heal yourself.

The more I think about this, the more I like it. It sounds like it'd be really fun.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
There are two holy healers and two water healers. Seems like it might makes sense to have another healer themed similar to druids.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Honestly, a tank healer.

Not a healer that heals tanks... no ... a tank who heals.

Basically like Paladin from FFXI but with the healing factor amped up a bit. Threat generated by healing would be increased rather than decreased.

Would it work? Heck no, but at least it would be interesting gameplay.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
its called a prot pally. have you not raided with one? they damn near count as a healer.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Personally I hated the monk healing playstyle but there is 1 thing about it that sticked with me and I would LOVE to see it on another healer. Mana tea. I know its going through balance issues right now but if managing my mana was something I had to actively do every couple seconds that would be amazing. Right now mana management on all the healers is kindof dull. Think "Don't spam GHeal" and use your mana cd on cd. gg. Monks have to do it more often and I just really like that.
Channeling is also something I like.
Edited by Pyrrah on 8/5/2013 7:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
The Sea Cow is OP and every healer should want it.
Edited by Somurd on 8/5/2013 9:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
Personally I hated the monk healing playstyle but there is 1 thing about it that sticked with me and I would LOVE to see it on another healer. Mana tea. I know its going through balance issues right now but if managing my mana was something I had to actively do every couple seconds that would be amazing. Right now mana management on all the healers is kindof dull. Think "Don't spam GHeal" and use your mana cd on cd. gg. Monks have to do it more often and I just really like that.
Channeling is also something I like.

Oh god no, I think Mana tea is a terrible mechanic. Some channelling is cool though.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Anything that's not similar to a class from Final Fantasy.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Strangely that sounds like Sona from League of Legends, a musical themed healing champion.

FFXI had bard's.

Never got to play one myself, but they looked like fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]