If a new healing class were introduced...

100 Gnome Monk
I think a bard would be fun even if they didn't have a proper support tree. They should wear mail and allow gnomes to be bards so we can finally get a mail armor type.

Trees
1) Trance
2) Death Metal
3) Country
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I also think mechanically speaking a combination of hots and absorbs with less direct healing would be interesting. Like a ticking hot or an absorb with a hot under it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Bard.

Your spells are like music sheets that you must perfectly master for maximum effect!

I'm sorry - I keep picturing guitar hero for wow - the longer you hit the appropriate random buttons, the more powerful the healing effect becomes.
Reply Quote
I also think mechanically speaking a combination of hots and absorbs with less direct healing would be interesting. Like a ticking hot or an absorb with a hot under it.

That'd be interesting to see in effect. Or even a healer with a 'HoT shield' so you place the shield on a target, and every 7 seconds it places a shield absorbing x damage and it refreshes like three times or something.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
08/09/2013 07:23 PMPosted by Gnosizz

That'd be interesting to see in effect. Or even a healer with a 'HoT shield' so you place the shield on a target, and every 7 seconds it places a shield absorbing x damage and it refreshes like three times or something.

Yeah yeah that was what I meant instead of ticking hot, ticking absorb. I just typed dumb.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I thought of one myself a while back.
This would be a PvE healing spec only, unusable in PvP.

The healer would:
Have more health than the tank, naturally.
No mana or other form of energy.
The healer would sacrifice their health to nearby raiders.
The healer would be unable to heal themselves, and would have a debuff that prevent other healers from giving them big heals.
They would gain personal health from DPSing an enemy target.
They'd have some big heals, but it'd be something like "Give a target X health, lose 2X health)" - Basically a non-CD life-saver, but with a huge cost.

Basically, they do DPS to stay alive, stack stamina instead of spirit, and also perhaps haste to "send health" at a faster rate.
This healer could expect to have around 700-900k health at level 90, if geared for ToT Normal. This effectively is much like giving them 300k mana + 400-500k health (average for a healer). However, their life is on the line.

I'd recommend that this would be a spec only unlockable if a person has a level 90 char. Reason being is that this would be a complicated type of healer-role to play and new-players would screw it all up with personal wipe fests.
Reply Quote
60 Orc Rogue
I think a Gearmaster / Machinist class has some potential for an interesting healing spec. Like, fixing your friends with machine parts, or injecting them with potions, damage reflection devices. Stuff like that. Make it feel like a medic spec that involves careful placement of tools and controlling the field.
Reply Quote
Anything that doesn't have absorbs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I remember playing a wc3 custom game called Enfo team survival and there was a character called Empath that healed allies by transferring her own health to them while having a rejuv on herself and you had to manage the healing between those 2 spells. Something like that would be cool.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

I'd recommend that this would be a spec only unlockable if a person has a level 90 char. Reason being is that this would be a complicated type of healer-role to play and new-players would screw it all up with personal wipe fests.

That sounds like an evolution of the old-school EQ Necromancer. In the early days of it I actually got by ghetto healing in exp parties by rotating Blood Pact spells while my skeletons or whatever kept swinging. Then they noticed how popular it was getting and promptly nerfed it. it's not like we could heal raids that way, I just wanted exp Q_Q

It's an interesting concept, to be sure.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

That sounds like an evolution of the old-school EQ Necromancer. In the early days of it I actually got by ghetto healing in exp parties by rotating Blood Pact spells while my skeletons or whatever kept swinging. Then they noticed how popular it was getting and promptly nerfed it. it's not like we could heal raids that way, I just wanted exp Q_Q

It's an interesting concept, to be sure.

there was a blood mage healer in Vanguard like this, as well as a healing tree for the Vampire class in Forsaken World, in their case many spells cost less mana than the average priest or bard spell but a little bit of hp as well. This was interesting to me because of hoe mana regen in combat pretty much didn't exist in that game. I wish I had played the Vanguard mmo some more it was perrty interesting. Just....dead. There was a political system with a card based minigame, and crafting was really in depth too.
Reply Quote
Curious to find out what / how people would find a healer with a pet mechanic?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Curious to find out what / how people would find a healer with a pet mechanic?

THIS EXACT REASON is why in FF ARR I intend to be a scholar. It is supposed to be a healing job from the limited info we have which will have two different fairies they can summon. Other than this I guess shaman totems and the druid talent for treants is about as close as we get in wow.

edit- though I would be willing to wager most healers would not like to have to watch a pert in addition to everything else we do and manage it. Then again, they could just not play one :p
Edited by Tersia on 8/10/2013 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I always thought a charge-like casting mechanic would be neat. You would hold down the key bound to your cast spell, and the healing amount and cast time would increase the longer you hold it. For example, you would hold the key for 1.5 seconds to do a moderate amount of healing, hold it for 3 sec for a big heal or up to 5 seconds for pretty much a Lay on Hands on the target.

A healing specialization specifically built around such a mechanic would be fun and unique to play, in my opinion.
Edited by Areos on 8/10/2013 9:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
A healing specialization specifically built around such a mechanic would be fun and unique to play, in my opinion.

That does sound really cool! But how would it work in a sort of triage environment? Like in a 5 man when s**t hits the fan, or in a raid with constant damage? How would haste effect? I wonder if you could even get to a point with the right stats where spamming the fast heals is often enough and strong enough to make the larger charged ones unnecessary. Would you be able to charge for a large period of time before some raidwide aoe and use that as a sort of huge healbomb cd? Can you charge while moving?

I really really love getting all brainstormy about things like this! I used to try making custom DnD classes as well but getting a DM that actually will let you play one..... :/ well let's just say I had alot of papers collecting dust.

I really hope devs read things like this. After all Blizz wants to make money and the number one rule is give the customer what they want, right? Take our ideas and RUN with them so to speak. Sort of sad how WoW is starting to die though. I guess most mmos have their time....
Reply Quote
Honestly, a tank healer.

Not a healer that heals tanks... no ... a tank who heals.

Basically like Paladin from FFXI but with the healing factor amped up a bit. Threat generated by healing would be increased rather than decreased.

Would it work? Heck no, but at least it would be interesting gameplay.

I can see this going with a fury resource, so that the tankhealbearpighorse would need to be constantly in the fray and tanking damage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Whatever new healing class they introduce, if any, should be playable by tauren though. Why? Because as of now they are the only race that can be every single healing class and that is simply a cool thing to say about them. Too bad they don't have racials that complement it much.
Reply Quote
Whatever new healing class they introduce, if any, should be playable by tauren though. Why? Because as of now they are the only race that can be every single healing class and that is simply a cool thing to say about them. Too bad they don't have racials that complement it much.

Clearly Gnome need more healing classes.

Next expansion, Gnome Paladins, Druids and Shamans introduced.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I *love* my druid. Though my top 3 healers are Druid, Disc Priest & Shaman.

I'd like something that combine the 3. Perhaps some kind of fairy/good witch/nature type healer. Could put HoTs on people(in the form of fairy dust or something that sparkles), drop totem like things(perhaps flowers or something), and has 1-2 absorb spells. Do not add any kind of dps=heal mechanic(I hate those).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
08/10/2013 10:07 PMPosted by Gnosizz

Clearly Gnome need more healing classes.

Next expansion, Gnome Paladins, Druids and Shamans introduced.

Hehe yea, gnomes didn't have healer at all before cata allowed them to be priests huh? I forget that alot. I dunno about druids though :/ I still thought pandaren should have been druids because they seemed so much more in tune with nature and BALANCE. Stupid Cenarion Circle. Besides it would keep ally and horde on even footing with the number of races that could be druids since pandaren can be both. But we got shamans instead, no complaints I guess since I am one :p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]