Combined Realms in 5.4: Merge Realm Forums?

Can the small pop realms that are combined in 5.4 get merged realm forums? Right now you can get banned for posting recruitment threads in different realm forums and it would help build these new communities.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
Actually that's an interesting point I had not considered.

Will we get "Virtual Realm Forums"?
Reply Quote
08/07/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Snowfox

I guess we need to know if VR (or I guess now CR) are going to have a name to themselves. It really does have a lot of ramifications as far as recruitment and item trading that is done on the realm forums.

Going to vote up the OP in hopes of getting an answer but because we have not gotten much info on how they are working in game, I doubt we will get much on how they will work on the forums.
Reply Quote
08/07/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Solaru

I guess we need to know if VR (or I guess now CR) are going to have a name to themselves. It really does have a lot of ramifications as far as recruitment and item trading that is done on the realm forums.

Going to vote up the OP in hopes of getting an answer but because we have not gotten much info on how they are working in game, I doubt we will get much on how they will work on the forums.

Since most serious guilds that recruit in-realm use the forums, this will be important.

Maybe Blizz hasn't gotten around to it yet, but I'm hopeful they will address it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
'WRA and MG forums merged.'

Oh lord I want to watch that.
Edited by Mesorem on 8/7/2013 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Considering what we know about VR so far, I'd imagine the forums will stay the same, except with tags somewhere displaying who's connected to who.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd posted about this in a thread a day or two ago, but I can't find it, now.

Found it!

It was in Ragefang's Virtual Realms Q&A thread.

I said:

I agree wholeheartedly.

This does, however, tie into the whole "what till they be called?" "will they have names?" "how will we differentiate?" etc question.

Say we group Together Destromath and Gorgonnash.
We name the virtual server "The Pit Lords".
We then make a forum for "The Pit Lords" Virtual Realm. The descriptions will show which servers are part of the virtual server.

Without such a feature, I don't see the communities growing together as much as they would, otherwise. Without such a feature, I see it being difficult for guilds to recruit, meld, etc.
Edited by Shyala on 8/7/2013 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It wouldn't be that difficult to merge the forums, it's only an sql database.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It wouldn't be that difficult to merge the forums, it's only an sql database.

I wouldn't think it will be difficult, but it will probably be time consuming, and it would be really nice to set up these types of things BEFORE 5.4 goes live, so people can start preparing, start recruiting. It won't happen, but it would be nice.

Hopefully, they'll do this. Hopefully, they'll do it at least before next xpac.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
why did they just cram these merges down our throats.why not ask us how we felt about it.sure has made a mess on Sen'jin.farming for nodes has gotten outta hand,so has gathering herbs. feel like i got ganked by the biggest rogue in the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]