expansion. That means we should try to give as much constructive feedback as
possible in the upcoming weeks and months so as to help give them a better idea
of what direction we would like our class to go.
The purpose of this thread is to consolidate opinions regarding the direction
rogues should take in the next expansion. I intend to keep this thread relevant
over the course of the next few months, and as such have a few things to ask
people to keep in mind before posting:
Notes, Rules, and Guidelines:
(Note: Where applicable, examples will be put as a quote below the entry.)
- Keep it civil. These posts will mostly be opinion. While it is fine to
voice disagreement, doing so excessively or making points that you have already
made is useless and only serves to reduce the quality of this thread.
- Be reasonable: Blizzard will probably be open to some pretty large changes,
but they have said they will not give rogues an overhaul like they did for locks
in MoP. I'm not going to say there are any subjects you shouldn't discuss, but just keep
in mind that we are suggesting ways to change rogues, not reinvent them.
- Keep in mind both PvE and PvP: It's a big game, saying sub needs more burst
may be fine in PvE, but in PvP such a change is...unlikely. If you only really
do one of these it's worth considering mentioning that as a disclaimer.
- Avoid being too specific: You want to give Blizzard an idea of what
direction you want them go to in, but giving a specific path is not the way to
Constructive:p1: "I think X should do more damage than Y"
p2: "For what its worth, I like X and Y doing the same damage..."
Destructive:p1: "I think X should do more damage than Y"
p2: "As I've said multiple times, X and Y should continue doing the same damage
Note that the only reason the latter is destructive is because once a point is
made, reiterating it will at best annoy devs and at worst annoy devs while
stifling creativity and causing unwillingness to post.
Good:"I'd like to see bigger numbers more often, rather than lots of small ones from DoTs, autoattacks, and poisons. Large crits make me feel more responsible for my damage."
Not so good:"Eviscerate and Backstab/SS/Mut should be buffed and white damage
Note that while the meaning of the former could be extrapolated from the latter, you could also get different meanings from it, like generally pull damage away from autoattacks (leaving out poisons and DoTs). It also leaves readers unsure of why you want this change. Maybe you just feel strongly about those abilities? Finally, notice that I left out Envenom, which in a point like this would probably be an oversight.
One Last (Optional) Order of Business:
A lot of people like having prompts to help them figure out where to start, so here ya go. Feel free to not use 'em.
- What is your ideal, glorified, rogue? This one can be a bit unrealistic, and doesn't have to be one answer (You could, for instance, say 3 - 1 per spec), but basically, if you had a dream you were the perfect OP rogue, what would it be like?
- How do you feel about the current damage distribution (where the bulk of your damage comes from) for each spec? What would you like it to be like? Please make note of whether this is in PvE or PvP.
- What are your thoughts on each spec's rotation?
- If you could pitch just one idea to the devs, what would it be?
- What is your favorite part about your rogue in MoP, and what has been your favorite historically?
- Least favorite?
- What should rogues be able to do better than every other class/melee?
- What should rogues be able to do worse than every other class/melee?
- What do you think about the class's role in PvE/PvP? If you would like to see it change, in what direction?
- What that rogues used to have do you miss?
- What popular suggestion(s) do you vehemently disagree with, and why?
Ok that's it, although I will say that if you have a good addition to this intro (especially the lists) then feel free to share it.