Should i just buy a weapon?

90 Human Paladin
Ok, so I've spent like 12 bonus rolls on ToT and way more than i can remember on TES trying to get a better weapon for my ret spec (main spec, just logged out as holy). Im rocking a 471...

Should I just get bloodmoon for 24k?
Edited by Solemne on 8/6/2013 11:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Have you been running ToES and coining Sha, still, for the axe? The drop rates for T14 LFR gear was "drastically" increased, and you can run it as many times as you like to feed coins to Sha - and you can get more coins from the solo scenario Troves of the Thunder King, accessible via the Key to Lei Shen's Palace which drops on Isle of Thunder. I see you have access to the legendary stat gem, be a shame not to be able to use it, even if only for a little while.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I know that, i've spent 25+ elder charms on just sha in hopes for the weapon...
And yeah... would suck not to use it even if it was just a week, lol.
Edited by Solemne on 8/6/2013 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
As long as you won't be seriously upset at the "wasted" gold if you do happen to get a weapon soon after buying it, I say go ahead and get the Bloodmoon. It's a huge upgrade over a 471, and you won't find anything much better this tier unless you happen to luck into a 516 weapon from a heroic scenario.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Why are you not getting a tyrannical weapon for free....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Why are you not getting a tyrannical weapon for free....

Don't the weapons have a rating requirement? Or was that already removed?
Reply Quote
Tyrannical weapons don't have rating requirements anymore, so it's a good stopgap option if you don't mind a few hours of arena.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
They have a conquest-earned requirement when a season starts, but in the mid-season patch that requirement now gets removed. You need to win ~20 arena games, ~10 RBG wins, or ~20-30 RBG losses and you have enough points to get one now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oh sheee, how come didn't i think of that haha. Thx for the advice :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Ah, that's interesting. Last time I checked they still did and I never bothered to look again. :U May be something to consider for alts.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
If your ilevel is high enough set your spec to ret and do the heroic scenario everyday. Might have better luck.....
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I feel for you, i killed that bird thing in ToT more times than i can count (says 17 times but i know it was more than that with coins ect ) for the trinket and have just given up on it. I still use lfr for the lvl 600 cape items i need but thats the only reason i run it now.

Make sure you are doing a Heroic scenario every day. I got mine 516 that way and upgraded it twice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]