The Irony

90 Troll Mage
Does anyone on this forum ever wonder, why take advice about healing and talent selection for heroic raiding, when the people who are almost always giving their opinion and arguing their opinion haven't even completed normal or LFR? It just baffles me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Actually, a huge majority of our most active posters have completed normal content and have started their progression on heroic modes or in many cases, have completely heroic modes.

I could compile a list.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
^i think his point is the non-regulars

i'm really not sure why you're surprised
Edited by Truelite on 8/6/2013 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Ah. I see.

I snarked first, asked questions later.

Because

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
That's why you armory people giving you advice :D

Although to be fair, I've seen some really solid advice coming from people with less then stellar progression.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Oh yea, I almost always try to armory them before I take their advice, I just wonder, why they give their two sense when they haven't even done heroic content... and even if they have, they attempt to give advice on heroic fights that they haven't even touched. Like, I'm not even mad, I'm just baffled lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That's why you armory people giving you advice :D

Although to be fair, I've seen some really solid advice coming from people with less then stellar progression.

Basically :P

Although my druid is my main which I post on but I do heroic raiding on my priest :3 But anytime I post about priests I always mention that before someone is all "urnotapriest" or "uhaventdonenormals".

If it's someone I know that knows what they're talking about, I take their advice into consideration.
Edited by Veroicone on 8/6/2013 1:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Does anyone on this forum ever wonder, why take advice about healing and talent selection for heroic raiding, when the people who are almost always giving their opinion and arguing their opinion haven't even completed normal or LFR? It just baffles me.

Hi.

Progression does not always equal talent or skill. There are heroic raiders being carried by their guilds (I'm probably one of them!). There are Normal raiders who love their guildies, and simply can't carry them through serious heroic content.

If the information is correct, it's correct whether or not the person posting it has seen Heroic Lei Shen or not.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
We're headed down a dark path. Please be civil!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
08/06/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Tiriel
(I'm probably one of them!).

Pssh. Don't downplay your skill like that.

If the information is correct, it's correct whether or not the person posting it has seen Heroic Lei Shen or not.

Pretty much.

That being said, what we should pick on is not progression, or guild, or anything else. We should simply strive for critical evaluation of information from ourselves.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
08/06/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Tiriel

Hi.

Progression does not always equal talent or skill. There are heroic raiders being carried by their guilds (I'm probably one of them!). There are Normal raiders who love their guildies, and simply can't carry them through serious heroic content.

Not that I'm arguing with what you are saying, but from a 10 man perspective, healers, in this tier (and my opinion), are almost impossible to carry in later heroic fights. Also, I'm speaking moreso for the people who post, giving opinions calling people bad for using a certain talent blah blah blah, when they haven't even gotten the chance to see the fight for themselves and try different talents. Again, Tiriel, this was not an argument, just a personal view on peoples comments toward some posts made on this forum, and to use the word again, I'm baffled. Oh and, hi Tiriel <3
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Generally, I don't mind as long as they preface it with

"While I'm not speaking from experience, I ....."

And back it up with sources? They get bonus points.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
as a person with a decent but not great amount of progression and who likes to give constructive advice, these kinds of threads contribute essentially nothing and only come off as elitist douchebaggery no matter how positive the intent is (which is usually not even the case).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I knew I always had a gay fetish for you nero. : ]
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I knew I always had a gay fetish for you nero. : ]

:3

as a person with a decent but not great amount of progression and who likes to give constructive advice, these kinds of threads contribute essentially nothing and only come off as elitist douchebaggery no matter how positive the intent is (which is usually not even the case).

This post wasn't meant to be an "elitist douchebaggery" post. It was an honest question coming from a person who is new to the healing forum, if you have an issue with me asking such a question, then you can take your posts somewhere else.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
this thread is now for <HC> slash fic. I declare it so
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
this thread is now for <HC> slash fic. I declare it so

I don't get what that means lol..
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
08/06/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Nerodam
This post wasn't meant to be an "elitist douchebaggery" post.

I assume you didn't read my post and just saw what you wanted to see. I'm not saying it is that at all, but no matter what you do or say this kind of thread will always seem that way to most people and it is often perceived as alienating and will drive people away. To be honest, the question you pose in the OP seems extremely rhetorical and snarky. To me, this thread really didn't need to be made and is in obvious reference to another thread.

I don't even like seeing people talking about other threads in the OT thread because it's alienating as well. That kind of crap used to happen in the Priest forum OT threads a long time ago and it drove me away for a long time. Nothing against you personally but this is how I immediately perceived this thread and I'm sorry if that was not your intent but it certainly stood out that way to me, and I'm probably your target audience!
Edited by Tsilyi on 8/6/2013 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just because someone doesn't have the time or life situation to accommodate heroic raiding at this time, does not mean they cannot give functional, useful advice on class mechanics.

I don't raid heroics (or even normals) right now, not by my choice. That doesn't change my ability to evaluate parses, be up to date on patch notes, and provide helpful advice to other players at varying levels of progression.

I would never tell a paladin how to heal, because I've never played one at max level. I would never tell a tank how to tank. I play to my strengths. Healing is what I am good at, and I enjoy passing on my insights to those that ask for them.

I try hard not to give bad advice, and being helpful gives me a great deal of enjoyment. I would hate to think I have to stop being helpful just because I had to temporarily stop progression raiding.
Edited by Weetabix on 8/6/2013 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
08/06/2013 02:09 PMPosted by Tsilyi
This post wasn't meant to be an "elitist douchebaggery" post.

I assume you didn't read my post and just saw what you wanted to see. I'm not saying it is that at all, but no matter what you do or say this kind of thread will always seem that way to most people and it is often perceived as alienating and will drive people away. To be honest, the question you pose in the OP seems extremely rhetorical and snarky. To me, this thread really didn't need to be made and is in obvious reference to another thread.

I don't even like seeing people talking about other threads in the OT thread because it's alienating as well. That kind of crap used to happen in the Priest forum OT threads a long time ago and it drove me away for a long time. Nothing against you personally but this is how I immediately perceived this thread and I'm sorry if that was not your intent but it certainly stood out that way to me, and I'm probably your target audience!

Sorry I'm not a carebear like everyone expects people to be? It was a simple question, if it sparked defenses from people, I am sorry, but you're not forced to read every single post on the forum.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]