Oooooooooooooooh snap.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
this thread is now for <HC> slash fic. I declare it so

I don't get what that means lol..

Google, you will not regret it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This thread is just filled with irony, and that's not even a reference to the original post :p
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
This thread is just filled with irony, and that's not even a reference to the original post :p

Idk why that made me giggle a little bit, but it sure did :P haha
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
08/06/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Nerodam
Does anyone on this forum ever wonder, why take advice about healing and talent selection for heroic raiding, when the people who are almost always giving their opinion and arguing their opinion haven't even completed normal or LFR?

Depends.

It is annoying when someone has second hand advice, which they got from reading something or watching a video and they don't include their source.

"I think you are doing it wrong, The fat boss video says to avoid the blue heads" is a lot easier to take than, "You are doing it wrong, don't do the blue heads"

It gets completely confusing when people state it as, "Why are you doing the blue heads?" Are they attempting to be polite or are they asking me because someone told them not to do the blue heads and they want to know why I think we should?

Also, sometimes you don't need any knowledge of the fight to see the problem, "Umm, start by replacing the strength gems on your healing gear" or "You really can't compete on the healing meters with a 410 ilevel against someone with a 540. I really don't care what content you are doing"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think it's important to note there is a very big difference in how say the top guilds work versus the high end guilds or say the middle pack guilds.

There is a lot of variables that comes into play but how say a 13/13H holy paladin plays in a top 20 world guild doesn't also means it's the best way to go for say someone like me. There are a lot of variables and factors to take into account.

It's the same looking up from down and down from up. Of course there will always be niches people carve out for themselves as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/06/2013 02:17 PMPosted by Nerodam

Idk why that made me giggle a little bit, but it sure did :P haha

You're welcome?

I think it's important to note there is a very big difference in how say the top guilds work versus the high end guilds or say the middle pack guilds.

There is a lot of variables that comes into play but how say a 13/13H holy paladin plays in a top 20 world guild doesn't also means it's the best way to go for say someone like me. There are a lot of variables and factors to take into account.

It's the same looking up from down and down from up. Of course there will always be niches people carve out for themselves as well.

Agreed!

If I am looking at stats or gemming for a toon, I take a look at various levels of progression of people.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
i giggled too vero

thank you
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Does anyone on this forum ever wonder, why take advice about healing and talent selection for heroic raiding, when the people who are almost always giving their opinion and arguing their opinion haven't even completed normal or LFR? It just baffles me.

You must be incredibly easy to baffle.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
A lot of people think their way is always the best way. Some people are right, and some aren't.

It's just the way it is.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
There's nothing wrong with wanting to know from whence the information you are getting came. I appreciate advice and help in all forms from pretty much anyone who wants to give it, but I also would like to know as much as possible how sound the advice is. Progression is one, although not the only relevant indicators I look at.
Edited by Mythrose on 8/6/2013 3:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
A lot of people think their way is always the best way. Some people are right, and some aren't.

It's just the way it is.

*sings* That's just the wayyy it issss

... it's possible I've had too much headache medicine >_>
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Not that I'm arguing with what you are saying, but from a 10 man perspective, healers, in this tier (and my opinion), are almost impossible to carry in later heroic fights. Also, I'm speaking moreso for the people who post, giving opinions calling people bad for using a certain talent blah blah blah, when they haven't even gotten the chance to see the fight for themselves and try different talents. Again, Tiriel, this was not an argument, just a personal view on peoples comments toward some posts made on this forum, and to use the word again, I'm baffled. Oh and, hi Tiriel <3

Well, I have seen people carried in 10 man groups. I'm quite sure it's possible, considering that some 10 man groups also sell heroic runs through the current tier.

I am not saying that someone with 0 heroic experience arguing that certain things don't happen/do happen in heroic content makes sense. But basic advice on stat priorities, couched with the explanation of their perspective, is completely fine and helpful. There's a huge range of players who read these forums, and the forums are better when people from a wide variety of backgrounds contribute on topics.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Just because someone doesn't have the time or life situation to accommodate heroic raiding at this time, does not mean they cannot give functional, useful advice on class mechanics.

I don't raid heroics (or even normals) right now, not by my choice. That doesn't change my ability to evaluate parses, be up to date on patch notes, and provide helpful advice to other players at varying levels of progression.

I would never tell a paladin how to heal, because I've never played one at max level. I would never tell a tank how to tank. I play to my strengths. Healing is what I am good at, and I enjoy passing on my insights to those that ask for them.

I try hard not to give bad advice, and being helpful gives me a great deal of enjoyment. I would hate to think I have to stop being helpful just because I had to temporarily stop progression raiding.

This exactly. I have 0 heroic progression but that does not mean I don't know how to play my class as well as, or possibly even better than, some heroic raiders. If someone is asking for help dealing with a specific mechanic on a fight I have never attempted, I keep my mouth shut. But if someone is posting logs asking what they can do to play their class better, I most certainly can give them tips and pointers on how to better heal as a Druid.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Not that I'm arguing with what you are saying, but from a 10 man perspective, healers, in this tier (and my opinion), are almost impossible to carry in later heroic fights. Also, I'm speaking moreso for the people who post, giving opinions calling people bad for using a certain talent blah blah blah, when they haven't even gotten the chance to see the fight for themselves and try different talents. Again, Tiriel, this was not an argument, just a personal view on peoples comments toward some posts made on this forum, and to use the word again, I'm baffled. Oh and, hi Tiriel <3

Well, I have seen people carried in 10 man groups. I'm quite sure it's possible, considering that some 10 man groups also sell heroic runs through the current tier.

I am not saying that someone with 0 heroic experience arguing that certain things don't happen/do happen in heroic content makes sense. But basic advice on stat priorities, couched with the explanation of their perspective, is completely fine and helpful. There's a huge range of players who read these forums, and the forums are better when people from a wide variety of backgrounds contribute on topics.

They sell them after the tier is already cleared. That point is invalid. Lol.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
as a person with a decent but not great amount of progression and who likes to give constructive advice, these kinds of threads contribute essentially nothing and only come off as elitist douchebaggery no matter how positive the intent is (which is usually not even the case).

<3

08/06/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Nerodam
from a 10 man perspective, healers, in this tier (and my opinion), are almost impossible to carry in later heroic fights.

Like, for example, when a healer shows up to H Lei Shen progression hammered? That's fair.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Does anyone on this forum ever wonder, why take advice about healing and talent selection for heroic raiding, when the people who are almost always giving their opinion and arguing their opinion haven't even completed normal or LFR? It just baffles me.

I, uh, wasn't aware that this was the heroic raider only healing forum.

Last I checked (2 minutes ago), this was the healing forum.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Don't listen to me. I know nothing. I have no heroic progression because I am a bad healer and I don't know what I am doing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Don't listen to me. I know nothing. I have no heroic progression because I am a bad healer and I don't know what I am doing.

You know what you're doing */slap* don't be silly.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
but you have jinrokh kills???

gosh winni keep up
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]