Hunter DPS

90 Tauren Druid
Hey everyone I'm having a slight problem and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Right now I'm running an ilvl 515 BM hunter and for whatever reason I can't get my DPS over 70k.

I have my hit and Expertise capped but its not over while I have the rest of my gear reforged for crit. I am pretty sure I have my rotation down, I even downloaded the addon Spellflash and it seems to be the same thing that I have been doing.

If anyone has any ideas why I'm having trouble feel free to throw your 2 cents in. Thanks

-Crivertar
Shattered Hand
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Do you have logs/link to your hunter's armory? I may be able to help with some basic stuff, but others here could go about it in greater detail if needed.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The only reason I could see pulling numbers that low is that you aren't pushing buttons. Hunters are a spam class, if you're not always on the GCD or casting Cobra shot, you're doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
If anyone has any ideas why I'm having trouble feel free to throw your 2 cents in. Thanks

One thing you might want to look at is the use of your focus fire. Make sure you are using it at the correct times. More times than not it is better to just not use it at all and allow your pet to keep the frenzy stacks. Using it right is a small dps boost but using it wrong is a huge dps loss.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

One thing you might want to look at is the use of your focus fire. Make sure you are using it at the correct times. More times than not it is better to just not use it at all and allow your pet to keep the frenzy stacks. Using it right is a small dps boost but using it wrong is a huge dps loss.

The difference between not using focus fire at all and using it 100% perfectly is fairly small, like sub 2-3% small. This guy is claiming 75k dps when they should be seeing 120-130. There is a major rotational issue here.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
My general rotation is keeping dire beast up as needed, using kill command and glaives whenever it is up, keeping serpent sting up through using cobra shot and while stuff is on cd using my focus through arcane shot.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
post on your hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
kk there we go, sorry about that
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Missing Living Steel Belt Buckle
Enchanting: 1 unenchanted ring
Under hit/exp cap (not sure if there's a troll racial for either of those. I forget)
Wrong scope on weapon, you want Lord Blastington's Scope of Doom
Bracer enchant should be Greater Agility.
Shoulder enchant should be Greater Tiger Claw Inscription
Edited by Leorina on 8/7/2013 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
First of all crit or haste pick one to prioritize over the other. I suggest crit since your gear isn't bis no near it. Get hit and expertise capped while keeping Crit>Haste>Mastery. Don't arcane shot too much as well you want to keep a enough focus to use your abilities every time they come up.

Try this site. http://www.icy-veins.com/beast-mastery-hunter-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
First, http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/shattered_hand/crivertar and hit optimize.

Second, http://www.icy-veins.com/beast-mastery-hunter-wow-pve-dps-guide (not the best guide, but a decent starting point).

That right there should help a bit. Then practice. A lot.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Where are you getting your 70k measurement from? I'm still really struggling with this number. With your gear, and raid buffs, you should be hitting close to that with little input on your own.

Actually plugging you into FD, and just adding up pet auto/basic attacks, auto-shot and serpent sting should put you around 60k.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
im using recount. unless its just giving me a wrong number?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
No, i mean in what environment.

Target Dummy?
Raiding?
5mans?
Overall damage?
individual boss fights?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
oh sorry, target dummy
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
oh sorry, target dummy

70k on a target dummy isn't that bad.

Remember, in a raid situation you are going to have a LOT of buffs. Mastery, haste, crit, stats, attack power...

Run an LFR as you normally would. If you DPS is 70k on a fight like Twin Consorts, then it may be a rotation issue.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Okay so in LFR i averaged 95k on drumuru, i mean thats better but is that not where it should be? i peaked at about 130k bit couldnt maintain it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Oz
08/07/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Elorenia
oh sorry, target dummy

70k on a target dummy isn't that bad.

Remember, in a raid situation you are going to have a LOT of buffs. Mastery, haste, crit, stats, attack power...

Run an LFR as you normally would. If you DPS is 70k on a fight like Twin Consorts, then it may be a rotation issue.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
First, http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/shattered_hand/crivertar and hit optimize.

Second, http://www.icy-veins.com/beast-mastery-hunter-wow-pve-dps-guide (not the best guide, but a decent starting point).

That right there should help a bit. Then practice. A lot.

Make sure you turn on the beta optimizer. That is the only way mr robot can give you good results.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Okay so in LFR i averaged 95k on drumuru, i mean thats better but is that not where it should be? i peaked at about 130k bit couldnt maintain it

It sounds like you don't have the opening priority down, you should be bursting significantly higher than 130k. The start of every fight is pretty much pre-scripted, if you find youself trying to think about what to hit next you haven't practiced it enough.

Serpent Sting
Stampede
Rapid Fire
Bestial Wrath
Kill Command
Glaive Toss
Arcane Shotx4
Kill Command
Fervor
Readiness
Kill Command
Glaive Toss
Arcane Shotx3
Serpent Sting
Beastial Wrath
Kill Command
Arcane Shotx5
Kill Command
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]