Brewmaster's in 5.4

90 Orc Monk
With the changes to vengeance, the keg smash nerf, and apparently a fix to some abilities vengeance scaling (which I'm also guessing is a nerf-fix) what is brewmaster tanking dps in 5.4? Are we still wrecking machines or do we mostly sit in line with the other tanks now?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Too soon to tell, probably. Obviously less than before, but we were so far ahead, that I imagine we'll still be very high and top amongst tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The ability scaling change is a shift directly dependent upon our weapon quality and AP values. In effect, it is an increase to our base damage and a decrease to our high-vengeance scaling. The current net change is around a 6.24% damage loss for our non-KS spells and a 10.28% loss to Keg Smash damage, assuming 300k total AP and a 549 2h weapon.
The overall loss to dps is ultimately dependent upon the encounter, but may reasonably be as much as an 11% total nerf. At present Brewmaster average dps values on Raidbots top 100 parses are ~12% higher than Protection Paladins (who are #2) in both 10-H and 25-H.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Are your vengeance scaling figures and conclusion also accounting for the flat 18% keg smash damage reduction?

I get the feeling our dps will sit pretty much in-line with druids and paladins when 5.4 hits.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]