Dear blizzard,plz listen me this thread.

Community Manager
We're going to look into the possibility of adding more macro slots. Not something I can guarantee for 5.4, but we'll see what we can do.

On a larger scale, we'd really like to find ways to make the macro system smarter. Right now, it's not uncommon to see players with several different macros for raid markers, target switches, and so forth, and we'd like to look into some ways to address that. Again, not likely to see any major changes there in the short term, but we recognize that the macro system could use some updates. It's on our radar :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
On a larger scale, we'd really like to find ways to make the macro system smarter.

In game system that replaced mouseover macros (a.k.a. What we currently call "Clique") would go a long way towards this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The WoW API lets you create a near infinite number of macros.

The code for it hasn't been changed by patches for years and you can do it without addons (though you're wasting your time), so you don't need to wait for Blizzard to add more boxes for you.

If you're smart enough to make massive amounts of complicated macros, then you're probably smart enough to learn the like 5 lines of code you'd need to type to create an infinite number of macros.

There's probably even a way to make a tiny script that changed the Blizzard macro interface so that you could create endless amounts of macros too, but that depends on how they store the macros and such.
Edited by Simca on 8/12/2013 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
We're going to look into the possibility of adding more macro slots. Not something I can guarantee for 5.4, but we'll see what we can do.

On a larger scale, we'd really like to find ways to make the macro system smarter. Right now, it's not uncommon to see players with several different macros for raid markers, target switches, and so forth, and we'd like to look into some ways to address that. Again, not likely to see any major changes there in the short term, but we recognize that the macro system could use some updates. It's on our radar :)

What about a system that automatically put a marker on the person carrying the taint? ;)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Built-in clique would be awesome, yeah.

And yes, addons let you have unlimited macros of unlimited size. It would be nice for the default UI to catch up. It's not like enormous macros would be exploitative, macros can't actually do much.
Edited by Slant on 8/12/2013 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/12/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Slant
And yes, addons let you have unlimited macros of unlimited size.

IIRC secure (in-combat) macros are restricted to 995 characters or something like that.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Superdupermacro addon allows macros of unlimited size. I actually haven't made a macro over 995 characters so you may be right about the in-combat restrictions, but nobody seems to have complained about it in the addon's comments.
Edited by Slant on 8/12/2013 4:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

Allow multiple focus targets.... focus1, focus2, focus3, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

I'd love to see built in option for mouse over heals I have so many spots taken up by them
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
08/12/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Gelk

We already have arena and boss frames to adress that.
Reply Quote
Increase array size, problem solved.

Cmon blizzard its not exactly a "spend money" change, make it happen.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
99% of the community want more macro space. That means just do it Blizzard don't think about it, don't 'talk' it over, just listen to the customers who pay your wages and make the change. More macro space simple!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Jus change the variable within the game from:

MaxMacroSlots=32

to

MaxMacroSlots=64

Fix'd! :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Don't hardcode a specific number of slots.. or make it cap out at something way higher, ie 256, 65535, etc. The macros are stored locally, so why not let us decide how many macros we want to be able to utilize? =)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
i play 5 toons pvp/pve 2.4k+ rating and top 10 us guild pve

No you're not: http://www.guildox.com/wow/guild/us/Arthas/Unhuman
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
08/12/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Hornwood
i play 5 toons pvp/pve 2.4k+ rating and top 10 us guild pve

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/rating.tier15_25
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
08/12/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Gabbynator

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/rating.tier15_25

Wrecked. Lol.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
08/12/2013 05:55 PMPosted by Ossum

We already have arena and boss frames to adress that.

Boss frames don't always show the things you'd like to be able to watch. For example, I would kill for two focus frames on Heroic Dark Animus, to be able to easily target the two Massives for Doom refreshes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Boss frames don't always show the things you'd like to be able to watch. For example, I would kill for two focus frames on Heroic Dark Animus, to be able to easily target the two Massives for Doom refreshes.

Most nameplate addons cover just that
Edited by Kraineth on 8/12/2013 8:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Screw macro slots, make more void storage/bank/bag slots or make WoW housing like in skyrim to store more crap we like to keep around such as Xmog gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]