"Heal my Pet!"

90 Tauren Druid
There are so many things that I could be doing that are more important than healing pets at any given time. If you let your pet get killed, you rez it in a few seconds. Assuming you're using a PVE DPS pet, you can even battle rez it with an instant cast. Good as new!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Pets get healed based on priority.

Me > Whomever is keeping mobs off me > tank > DPS taking unavoidable damage > DPS standing in bad > pets > DPS that won't move out of bad > taunting pets

If your pet is taking enough damage that I need to focus healing on it, it is either keeping mobs off me and getting healed or you have taunt turned on and it will die shortly.
Reply Quote
[quote]
If you find it hard to pay attention to pet health, maybe you should choose another profession before it's to late.

I have been contemplating dropping skinning and taking up engineering instead.
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Warrior
You should not have to heal pets unless something special is going on, like the pet is off tanking. And even then a tenacity pet + mend pet and if things are really iffy Glyph of Mending should do most of the healing.

If they are just DPSing, tell them to turn off growl and hit the Mend Pet every once in awhile.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
For me, the frames for pets are always smaller and harder to read. So most of the time, I don't know they're hurt.

<.<
>.>

B-but, my renewing mists will get to them eventually..then UPLIFT!

I know what's it like to not have a pet healed, as a warlock, and the joy when you see the healer has paid attention to it. But I never expect it. I don't think it's that serious to not heal it. Hunters and healers should calm down and restore the balance to the force.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest

The only time I actively heal a pet is when they are tanking for my benefit. Anything standing between me and that thing trying to chew on my face is going to have a high survival rate.

That's my view. Otherwise, no heals for pets and pets aren't on my UI. They will get heals if they have agro and I'm targeting the mob since all my heals are macro'd to heal the mobs target or my rollover target.

However if the hunter has growl turned on for no reason and has been asked to turn it off, I'll let the pet die. But that comes from my tanking alt getting angry with hunters with pet taunts left on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yes I heal pets.
The keep alive priority is
Tank
Me
DPS
Pets

I have pets set up to show on my Vuh'do so it's just like healing an extra player.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/01/2013 06:25 PMPosted by Tiriel

Maybe you wouldn't be so bored if you actually paid attention and did your job correctly. As a healer it is my job to heal and if you aren't going to heal pets, why heal the Hunter? The Pet is an extension of him in every way.

If you find it hard to pay attention to pet health, maybe you should choose another profession before it's to late.

Keep your pet from having threat, and use Mend Pet. There's a reason it's on your bar. If your pet is specifically tanking for the group, then I'll heal it. Otherwise, it's your responsibility - not mine - to keep your pet alive. You wanna do DPS? Don't let your pet do stupid things.

Pets can take damage from AOE that isn't caused by pulling aggro.
If a Hunter or Warlock takes the time to heal their pet, it takes away from their DPS.

Healing a pet is like having an extra player(s) to look after in a run.
If no one else is in danger, it's not hard to throw a heal on a pet.

If you have the time and mana to heal a pet, not doing it is being a lazy healer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
[quote]

LOL.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
No. Hunters should heal their pet with mend pet. Normally I will let the pet die. Pet should not tank the mobs, it is the tank job to aggro the mobs, not the pet. We heal tank not pet. I will heal the pet if and only if the pet is tank. The hunters should make sure their pets do not pull aggro from the tank.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
[quote]

You should be able to skin a pet if it dies x seconds after using growl.

I don't try to heal pets but many of my heals are smart *cough*dumb*cough* heals so pets get healed anyway. In general if the pet takes agro from the tank I try not to heal it, stupid smart heals aside. If the pet takes agro from me it's getting healed.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Monk
Healers secretly hate pets and want them all to die because they eat a target on target limited heals like cascade.

Speaking of Cascade why must you potentially target everything remotely friendly to ever exist?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
08/02/2013 08:35 AMPosted by Snewplion
Healers secretly hate pets and want them all to die because they eat a target on target limited heals like cascade.

qft
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
I don't unless specifically asked for some reason. But atonement hits them a lot anyway.
Reply Quote
As a fistweaver, most of my heals are "smart" heals, so I really have no control over where they go. Outside of that, I don't actively heal them. They can Mend Pet and can battle res them. If their pet died, it was probably for a good reason (having Growl on and/or being a loose cannon come to mind).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Pets can take damage from AOE that isn't caused by pulling aggro.
If a Hunter or Warlock takes the time to heal their pet, it takes away from their DPS.

Healing a pet is like having an extra player(s) to look after in a run.
If no one else is in danger, it's not hard to throw a heal on a pet.

If you have the time and mana to heal a pet, not doing it is being a lazy healer.

They take almost no damage from AoE. They'd have to be directly targeted by an ability, which almost never happens outside of certain gimmick fights (i.e. DA) and bugs.

Telling me that using up 1 GCD to keep their pet up is a "loss of DPS" is like telling me that using Ice Barrier so you don't die as a Mage is a "loss of DPS."

If you do more damage with your pet alive than dead, then the GCD is increasing/maintaining your DPS. If my splash heals aren't reaching ti, then you're gonna be in for a bad time otherwise.

But I'm just a lazy healer. When I asked the Hunters and Locks in my guild about healing their pets, they laughed at me. So maybe the issue is your hunters and locks?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Speaking of Cascade why must you potentially target everything remotely friendly to ever exist?

Because Wild Imps need healing, too. And so do Lock Portals!

-_-
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Pets get healed based on priority.

Me > Whomever is keeping mobs off me > tank > DPS taking unavoidable damage > DPS standing in bad > pets > DPS that won't move out of bad > taunting pets

If your pet is taking enough damage that I need to focus healing on it, it is either keeping mobs off me and getting healed or you have taunt turned on and it will die shortly.

I have a special entry for "dps that can't dps worth crap" that is after pets but before "dps that do damage that won't move out of bad". Subject to change based on mana considerations. If the BM hunter pet is doing more damage than you are, it comes above you in healing priority.

On trash, there is a spot for "hated healer rep" that comes after "dps that won't move out of bad".
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I don't even have pet health bars visible. If Atonement heals them.. fine.
Last time I purposefully healed pets was on Heroic Hagara... I dread heroic Animus... because then I'll have to dig out pet bars again.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
What's a pet

They already get my stupid Wild Growth dumb heal.

And I'm ticked off enough about that alone that I will never heal a pet.

I love when 4 of 5 wildgrowth applications go to....army of dead. Wonderful.

Cascade heals...

Totems
Wild Imps
Bloodworms
Army of the Dead ghouls
Unholy Ghouls
Kitties
Puppies
Wolves
Corehounds
And Warlock Portals. :D

It's awesome when I smart heal my own shadowfiend. Can lightspring/well eat cascade charges too?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]