"Heal my Pet!"

90 Night Elf Druid
[quote]
If you find it hard to pay attention to pet health, maybe you should choose another profession before it's to late.

I have been contemplating dropping skinning and taking up engineering instead.

I was wondering when someone else was going to notice this :p
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It's awesome when I smart heal my own shadowfiend. Can lightspring/well eat cascade charges too?

While I have never personally witnessed this, I did find out from perusing our logs the night I was using it that it appears to also heal Void Tendrils.

:D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
funny story,during a lfr we was doing durumu and both the tanks died to the death beam(second deathbeam,both of the battle resses was used on them for the previous deathbeam)

the boss had 3% left, my pet was able to get and hold aggro,but he was nearly being one hit by each bosses hit(turned on his damage reduction to slow it down). so i asked one of the many heals to help heal or bubble pet,they didnt. pet died,boss preceeds to one hit the other 3 dps that was still alive,then all the heals,then me.

everyone yelled at the heals for not healing the pet and saving a wipe.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
funny story,during a lfr we was doing durumu and both the tanks died to the death beam(second deathbeam,both of the battle resses was used on them for the previous deathbeam)

the boss had 3% left, my pet was able to get and hold aggro,but he was nearly being one hit by each bosses hit(turned on his damage reduction to slow it down). so i asked one of the many heals to help heal or bubble pet,they didnt. pet died,boss preceeds to one hit the other 3 dps that was still alive,then all the heals,then me.

Well, in that situation it was their fault. If the pet is directly tanking as part of the raid strategy, then it should be healed.

Sad they didn't have target-of-target on to focus the pet. lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
08/01/2013 04:16 PMPosted by Deynesta
I don't even know if vuhdo has that option.

This has probably been addressed in 3 pages, but you can set Vuhdo up to show pets and click heal them just like a player. I have a profile set up for 5 man groups and 10 mans with this option turned on, and a different profile with smaller bars and no pets for 15+ players. I don't really have the space in my UI for pets when I'm doing the larger BGs or 25 mans, but it can be kind of handy in smaller groups in case I'm super bored, a tank dies, or a hunter is actually using his pet to peel for me.

That said, the reason above (tank dead, I'm dying of boredom and for some reason don't want to just DPS, or a hunter is peeling for me - love, love, love when that happens) are the only reasons I heal a hunter pet. I used to main a hunter, and it's so not hard to keep your pet up. I haven't really gotten attitude from anyone when their pet died... 99% of the time it's because growl is on, so if someone said something I think I'd just ignore or mock, depending on my mood?

08/01/2013 06:23 PMPosted by Blackheart
Maybe you wouldn't be so bored if you actually paid attention and did your job correctly. As a healer it is my job to heal and if you aren't going to heal pets, why heal the Hunter? The Pet is an extension of him in every way.

HAHAHAHA. http://memegenerator.co/instance/9220715
Edited by Zanara on 8/2/2013 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I am leveling a priest at the moment, and it seems like I get a good amount of hunters asking me to heal their pets. Why? When I play this hunter, it isn't that hard to click mend pet a couple of times. So healers do you heal pets? I just don't see the need to because of the owner is capable of doing so. I don't have my UI set up to heal pets - I don't even know if vuhdo has that option. I have been cussed out before because I don't. Just today, I think, someone was cussing me in a different language because I wouldn't heal their pets. I made out the words "nub", "pet", and "heal". I don't respond, I just automatically ignore them. Am I wrong? Is it proper "WoW etiquette" to heal pets? Thanks for your replies.

No thanks.

You can heal it yourself.

And Warlock Portals. :D

The hell?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk

As Tiriel said Target of Target. If your pet was nearly getting one shot though they may not have had enough time to refocus. I mean they should have but ....

It does remind me of a story leveling a hunter in TBC. We were doing a mana tombs with a feral tank. After the second pull I quickly noticed a pattern that made CC much easier. I just dropped a trap in front of the healer. It got something Every Single Time.

Related to this topic if a second mob made it through I just had my pet off tank. The healer gratefully healed my pet, sometimes more than the actual tank. :) A third mob I'd kite around but occasionally it got messy.

Halfway through the tank said "Got to go, cat's on fire" or something and I ended up bugging a T6 tank in guild to carry us through the rest of the way.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Well, in that situation it was their fault. If the pet is directly tanking as part of the raid strategy, then it should be healed.

This :D! If I see a pet tanking because the actual tank(s) failed, I will heal the pet.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
08/02/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Gozreh
And Warlock Portals. :D

The hell?

I wish I was joking. :-\ On one attempt, it healed two of them for almost 300k over the course of the fight. And since I was Disc at the time, I really don't have any other AoE spells that would be hitting it. rofl.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The way I see it, pets take up space on my screen unnecessarily, for the most part. There isn't a good reason to have pets on my UI. I do however have my focus and target set up through VhuDo so I'll /focus a pet if necessary. I don't usually show target of target myself, usually it's just a duplicate of something already on my bar, and my Tidy Plates show the name of the target of each hostile, so I know who has aggro, which allows me to realize I need to heal a pet if it isn't taunting.

Generally though, I feel Hunter pets fall under the category of, DPS responsible for their own survival. The Hunter pet is an extension of the Hunter, I agree. I expect all other classes to use abilities to ensure their survival. If they don't "waste" their GCDs on using defensive abilities or avoiding avoidable damage I don't heal them, so why would I bother to do any differently for a Hunter?
Edited by Chrysippus on 8/2/2013 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
only time i have actually healed a pet is on DA cause we have a hunter pet tank a add but thats it....
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Healing with mouseovers I just mouse over target of target.

Why on earth would healers not show target of target?

Bosses often change target for a brief second when they spit an ability out that targets someone else. I use that to determine who it's landing on, and I believe DBM also uses that to report targets.

Since with my UI layout it's RIGHT THERE I can also see when the boss decides to beeline for someone else before my frame lights up that someone else has aggro, because it doesn't always light up red until after they get hit.

I wish I was joking. :-\ On one attempt, it healed two of them for almost 300k over the course of the fight. And since I was Disc at the time, I really don't have any other AoE spells that would be hitting it. rofl.

Wow.

Must be a side effect of them being targetable and killable by opposite faction(change they made a while ago).

Stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Only if it's tanking.
Reply Quote
Is there even 1 healing class without smart heals?

Smart heals should be sufficient to keep a pet alive, period. Unless - like others have already stated - the pet is fulfilling the role of a tank, it is intended, part of the strategy, etc.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
Pets do not show on my frames so they get no heals from me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
While I have never personally witnessed this, I did find out from perusing our logs the night I was using it that it appears to also heal Void Tendrils.

Which was actually fantastic on Will of the Emps. Tendril, then smite the adds to heal my Tendrils helping prevent them from breaking!
Edited by Poena on 8/5/2013 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
08/02/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Tiriel
It's awesome when I smart heal my own shadowfiend. Can lightspring/well eat cascade charges too?

:D

My raidframes show that when a mob is targeting my void tendrils, they end up with DA shields. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Man . . . I don't think I've EVER had pets show up in my frames >.> I know for H Animus I'll have to add them, but I'll be doing so rather defiantly. Definitely used to buff them back in Wrath though, seems like ages ago.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Nope- I don't heal pets unless one of my AoE's happens to hit it. In my opinion, hunters have mend pet/rez pet for a reason. I don't even have them show up on my frames set up (pets- not hunters).

You don't want to get me started on hunter's since Cata. At least when I still actively played mine back during BC and Wrath, I knew what my aggro dumps were.
Edited by Jujubiju on 8/5/2013 7:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
It depends on my mood, honestly.

If taunts are off, pets should take minimal damage that an aoe heal will most likely fix. If I'm bored and the tank isn't getting too irritated by the mobs being taunted off of them I might throw out heals just to keep things going, but sometimes I don't bother because they shouldn't need to be a priority. There have been cases where the tank asked if they would turn off growl and they refused - in those cases I take great joy in watching their pet die every 2 pulls. I actually had one guy try to convince our group it COULDN'T be turned off. Worst part is we were in Cata dungeons... he was that high a level and didn't know how to turn off growl.

Obviously, if a pet is off-tanking or the tank dies and someone's pet picks up the mob I'm going to make healing it a priority. But you don't run into those types of situations very often these days.

To be honest though, I've never actually had someone ask me to heal their pet. When it dies they just rez it and keep moving without a word.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]