"Heal my Pet!"

90 Human Paladin
08/01/2013 06:23 PMPosted by Blackheart
I don't generally heal someone's pet, even at low levels unless I somehow notice it during my boredom. It's not something people should expect :P Now if someone asked me politely to heal their pet, I would. Rudely? Nope!

Maybe you wouldn't be so bored if you actually paid attention and did your job correctly. As a healer it is my job to heal and if you aren't going to heal pets, why heal the Hunter? The Pet is an extension of him in every way.

If you find it hard to pay attention to pet health, maybe you should choose another profession before it's to late.

Lol. I never heal pets. Like some others have said I only heal pets out of pure boredom. But guess what? Normally pets don't die unless they have a large amount of threat. And guess what else? I don't care about your stupid pet. I'd gladly sacrifice the extra what... 5% of your damage? 15% of your damage from a pet in order to preserve my mana to actually heal the 5 people in the group that matter. You want me to waste 100k mana on a pet that's not a tank and takes 70k hits like it's paper? Sure, but don't complain to me when I go OOM during the fight and you all fall.

Like many have said, the only reason a pet would take that much damage is if it has threat; otherwise the owner should have plenty of spells to keep their own pet up. If I'm not mistaken pets don't take massive damage from AoE's anymore either and won't even be hurt from standing in fire, right? At least that's what I've kind of noticed (again, I don't pay attention unless I'm bored).

Now, if you're pet is tanking because the tank is down, sure, I'll heal it as best as I can, but chances are I can just heal the DPS warrior or paladin better.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If it's a contributing member of the team, I heal it. Naturally I prioritize appropriately. I may not consider pets to be my primary responsibility, they may not get my first heals, but time permitting even a dpsing fire elemental gets a heal if needed.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
08/01/2013 06:23 PMPosted by Blackheart
I don't generally heal someone's pet, even at low levels unless I somehow notice it during my boredom. It's not something people should expect :P Now if someone asked me politely to heal their pet, I would. Rudely? Nope!

Maybe you wouldn't be so bored if you actually paid attention and did your job correctly. As a healer it is my job to heal and if you aren't going to heal pets, why heal the Hunter? The Pet is an extension of him in every way.

If you find it hard to pay attention to pet health, maybe you should choose another profession before it's to late.

Quit the game, please. As the hunter it is your job to take care of your pet, a spell called mend pet. The healers are there to heal the players, not the 'extensions' of the player. That'd be like asking a healer to heal my earth/flame elementals.

A healer may be nice and heal your pet if there's time in between healing the important parts of the raid/dungeons/group but it is in no way their responsibility to take care of your pet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I heal pets occasionally; my main used to be a hunter so I have some empathy for it and do have vuhdo set up to show pet health, however its in a separate box on another side of the screen.

Basically, if I have the time and mana, I'll throw a heal over there. If its a 5 man, I'll probably heal it the entire dungeon because I'll have the mana to. But pets are literally on the last priority for me, even so.

I don't let pet classes abuse the privilege, though. If their pet can handle tanking trash I'm ok with that too, but the moment it gets out of hand and stuff is pulled while other group members aren't ready, that's end of that.
Reply Quote
19 Human Priest
I heal pets but it's my lowest priority.
Reply Quote
Any type of pet isn't even on my raid/party frames. Warlocks get health funnel and hunters get mend pet. On the offchance that a pet/demon is tanking the scenario/dungeon trash, I'll set it as a focus and treat it like the tank. As soon as we get a real tank though, I clear it right off and pretend it doesn't exist again.

After all, it takes 90% less aoe damage, how the hell could it die? Back in Cata beta, my Water Elemental could solo the giant turtle at the end of the goblin starter zone because it was so tanky.
Edited by Terbius on 8/22/2013 12:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
71 Troll Druid
Do druids count as pets?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Huh - I always heal pets except in 25 man situations or 40 Man battlegrounds. I mean, they're part of the team.

I mean, I just couldn't imagine it if I was over your house and there was an accident. Wouldn't you be mad if I didn't heal your dog or your cat? I mean, if it was a choice between your son or your daughter versus Fido or Fluffy, sure, I'd prioritize your kids and hope you forgive me for losing Fido or Fluffy. But if I could heal everyone, I'd do it. Why should Azeroth be any different?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I heal pets only if no player characters need healing. Pets are lowest priority, unless they are being used for tanking while we wait for a tank.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I refuse to heal pets. If the hunter/lock/mage/whatever is dumb enough to enter a dungeon with taunt on, then they are not contributing much to the group anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
For scenarios that do not have a tank and the hunter pulls out their "tanking" pet as a substitute. Sure, I'll focus the pet to keep that meat shield alive.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I've never healed a pet mainly because they don't get damage (at least in the groups i've been then again this is my first toon) but some pets I have healed simply because they were going to die. I don't think we need too though if the owner has a pet healing spell plus how much damage could they take? Unless they are tanking. The closest to a pet was a druid as a bear tanking.
Reply Quote
53 Orc Hunter
The only time I expect someone else to heal my pet is if it's tanking something that would otherwise be beating on the healer. For instance if the tank dies, or somehow loses aggro to the healer (amazing how often that happens) or if the tank drops and we'd rather not wait around while another comes in from the queue.

Other than that, Mend Pet yo. No other reason for Growl to be on, so no other reason for it to be taking more hits than Mend can handle.
Reply Quote
Every so often Blizzard makes a mistake and lets an ability slip through that can kill a pet through no fault of their owner. Doesn't happen often, but it's not unheard of.

In raid/5mans situations aoe / splash healing is generally sufficient though.

08/22/2013 12:13 AMPosted by Terbius
Any type of pet isn't even on my raid/party frames. Warlocks get health funnel and hunters get mend pet.

Not all warlocks have Health Funnel, but the ones that don't have a shared pet+player HP pool which is generally enough to get them through.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'll heal pets if players aren't in immediate danger, though if a pet's life is threatened constantly because their owner forgot to turn off growl, that's a player issue. Generally a single spell is all I'll need to get the pet away from knocking on death's door.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Cascade heals...TotemsWild ImpsBloodwormsArmy of the Dead ghoulsUnholy GhoulsKittiesPuppiesWolvesCorehoundsAnd Warlock Portals. :D

And whatever is growing on your farm ;-p.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I always heal pets but only if I have mana to burn after everyone else is healed up. If a pet dies the hunter has to stop DPSing to rez the pet anyhow so I don't see it as a waste of time.
Reply Quote
66 Dwarf Priest
Yep, I will heal pets but only after the Hunter and everyone else is at full health.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Warrior
pet health bars aren't even on my frames lol

neither, heal your own damn pet, especially if you insist on standing on that green goo
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/02/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Davenavarro
pet health bars aren't even on my frames lol

neither, heal your own damn pet, especially if you insist on standing on that green goo

I don't have pet health frames either... But don't pets take almost no dmg from standing in krap nowadays?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]