Ankle sock boots

90 Human Paladin
08/03/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Jovor
Robe.

QFT. This set was designed around the assumption that it was going to be a plateskirt.

Now it just looks awful. And that's putting it lightly.

Looks like a bug to me. The texture looks the same as the Robe texture, just applied to the wrong mesh. With the boots being how they are, seems to me PTR is just bugged and using the wrong mesh for legs (using the T9 mesh that's also used for crafted ilvl 450 gear).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
PTR for one, but regardless the set is ugly even if the sock boots stay.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I put something up in the bug report forum. Remember guys, these items used Tier 15 as placeholders before being implemented in game, and the mesh in the screenshots is the Tier 15 mesh. Probably just a left over flag from the T15 placeholder.
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
08/04/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Berith

I put something up in the bug report forum. Remember guys, these items used Tier 15 as placeholders before being implemented in game, and the mesh in the screenshots is the Tier 15 mesh. Probably just a left over flag from the T15 placeholder.

Tier 10 used a skirt model, when it was clearly a texture meant for leg plates. I don't have a lot of faith in Blizzard "correcting" this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
/vomit. That set looks horrendous now.
Edited by Halftruism on 8/5/2013 7:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Dammit Blizz. Give us back our robe, or I camp Orgrimmar for fifteen hours with 200 Alliance.

Your choice.
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
Get your spandex ready! They've updated it with the latest PTR patch!

http://imgur.com/TGxxD9I

Think the leggings are a bug? Check out the icon: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=99139
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/05/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Airc

Tier 10 used a skirt model, when it was clearly a texture meant for leg plates. I don't have a lot of faith in Blizzard "correcting" this.

T10 looked great.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
DK tier 14 chest was a dress. Explain that.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
DKs roll in a skirt.
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin

T10 looked great.

Sewn on kneepads and everything.
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
Trying to get on the new PTR patch, but the log in screen shows a skirt model now. Not sure yet if it's a full dress (chest piece) or just a skirt yet (leggings). Will update after I get information.

Edit: Chest is a dress. Leggings are still spandex and boots are still ankle socks. So as long as you have the chest equipped, it won't look goofy.
Edited by Airc on 8/13/2013 9:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
See ? Nothing to worry about. ;)
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
See ? Nothing to worry about. ;)

The pants are still spandex and the boots, which drop in DPS flavor this time, are ankle socks and look RIDICULOUS.

Still, better than before.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Eh, for those Rets that don't want to 'mog over it, there's nothing to worry about; I went through Wowhead's loot tables for SoO the other day and I'm betting gloves are gonna be our best off-set item again, so you'll be forced to use tier chest to cover the pants and slippers anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]