Arena Burst: How do you do it?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I know that my gear sucks at the moment but in 2s (yea I know not balanced w/e) I have been finding that I barely dent my opponents.

Paladins are talking about killing targets very very fast during burst cooldowns. How is this being set up because I guess I am just not getting it. I would like some help if someone would be so kind as to share the proper burst set up to kill someone in arena.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
So I know that my gear sucks at the moment but in 2s (yea I know not balanced w/e) I have been finding that I barely dent my opponents.

Paladins are talking about killing targets very very fast during burst cooldowns. How is this being set up because I guess I am just not getting it. I would like some help if someone would be so kind as to share the proper burst set up to kill someone in arena.

I usually wait about 10 seconds after Guardian so my burst scales with the remainder of Guardian. By then the target I'm on has already blown his trinket and then hit him with a HoJ or my partner hits him with his stun and just blow him up with my burst. Doesn't ALWAYS work, but when it does it's extremely effective.

Nothing worse than being stuck in a stun while having a geared Ret burst on you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
/cast guardian of ancient kings
/cast avenging wrath

Take SW so you do not have to wait to pop wings.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not being set up.. we (and most melee) really do set up.

Get inq up. AW-HA. HoW, TV. If RNG likes you, your target is now nearly dead.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
1 /cast GotAK

2 /cast Judgment

3 /cast Exo

4 /cast Crusader Strike

5 /cast Inquisition

6 /cast Holy Avenger+Avenging Wrath+Hammer of Wrath+strength trinket

7 /cast Templar's Verdict

8 /cast Judgment or Exo or Crusader strike

9 /cast Templar's Verdict

10 Repeat steps 8+9 until target is dead, usually requires a total of 2-3 Templar's Verdicts

That is pretty much what I try to do, while focus HoJing and then Blinding the target's healer, or HoJing the target.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Get inquisition up and then use this macro:

/cast holy avenger
/cast avenging wrath
/use 13 (replace with 14 if youur burst trinket is in the last slot)

You can tooltip it if you want with holy avenger or avenging wrath if you wish. I don't like macroing GoAK in with my burst macro because I generally use it before and let it get to around 10 stacks then burst, also because in bg's and such some targets aren't worth wasting the cooldown on, and on the rare occasion that I know it's going to be a long arena match so I force them to use their defensive cooldowns but only popping those cooldowns and then saving GoAK when we line up cc's and burst to actually kill.
Edited by Anaik on 8/4/2013 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
And your priority of moves to gang holy power during your burst phase should be Hammer of Wrath > Exorcism > Crusader strike (I think?) > Jugdement

I do try to incorporate judgement halfway through sometimes to get the speed buff for a bit and to keep my selfless healer stacks going, it all really depends I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
lifeblood is the single best ret tradeskill bonus, so reroll herb from whatever you are and add it to your wings button for 7% haste for the duration
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
This is prob going to be a gear issue, you just don't have any yet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The OP is the bravest player I know. Arena in 434's and greens? Incredible...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]