Where to dump Valor Points in 5.4

90 Human Mage
I"m already capped at 3k vp with no where to spend it after testing and asking repeatedly for anywhere to dump vp on the ptr and looking for hours i could find no vp sink is it still not implemented yet, am I overlooking it, or are we not going to have anywhere to dump vp in the 5.4 world.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
wont the new loot be upgradable?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
assume you get 1 piece a week on average your going to be wasting 500 vp there assume for an instant your most players and cant get into a progressive raid so you dont get upgrades your wasting alot of vp because unless you are lucky and get gear from lfr which if tot is any indicaition i often did all 12 bosses a week and got 1 item half the time and none the other half so i'd go weeks with vp cap and no upgrades dropping so if I hadnt had the vp to spend on items via shadopan assault i'd have capped months ago and been looking for a new game as i'd have nothing to do after capping. Shadopan assault gave me an upgrade every 1-2 weeks and then once i got them all and 5.3 came out i was able to upgrade them via vp keeping me using the vp longer. I'm at a position right now where I might have to cancel my subscription due to not having anything to do now that i'm vp capped and no good dumps for the vp. As is I log in tuesday and wendsday spend 3-4 hours andi have my 1k vp for the week and then spend the rest of the week not wanting to play and without a good vp dump or upgrade path available to me this game is dieing quickly. Blizzard punishes you for having alts and then punishes you for not having them. they need to fix their game model or they are going to keep hemoraging subs as you quickly run out of things to do and not having a good vp dump is one of the problems. I'm also not going to spend the vp on an item just to de it because 2 weeks worth of capping for 1 sha crystal blows and even if i proc the extra 2 sha crystals for 2 weeks of work is not worth my time. I know i'm not alone in this so anyone else care to elaborate. thanks
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Probably going to reset your valor for this patch anyway, so you'll dump your excess into upgrades next tier.
Reply Quote
You can spend 500vp on a bag of Timeless coins on the new isle.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Timeless Coins are an option and we'll have gear upgrades immediately available in place of Valor gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
if timeless coins wont buy upgrades beyond the 530 i already have they are not a viable option all expantion they hurt you either time wise or gear wise to run alts now your saying my only viable option are a 12% chance at a loot from a lfr drop or to buy coins to buy 496 gear which is far worse than my 530 gear i already have or spend vp to upgrade the MAYBE 1 item i get a week on raids which wont even be available for average players for the first couple weeks of the xpac. I consider this an insult most people dont clear more than the first 1-3 raid bosses in a tier so say each one has 3 upgrades thats 9 upgrades or 4.5 weeks of vp upgrades for a patch thats going to last for a year. This is a major insult. If blizzard had pushed alts from the beginning maybe but to pick up and say ok here's your last raid tier now work on alts because your main is going to be largely wasted now is an insult to its playerbase who has grinded this !@#$ for the past year only to be dumped on its head at the end
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Then you can run Flex or Normal and just cut out LFR all together.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

Not with those new trinkets.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
08/03/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Vreivai

Not with those new trinkets.

Yeah I know, I'm taking my main through LFR just for those. I'm okay with them not having valor gear in 5.4; with 3 raiding options, people should be able to do something for acquiring gear.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Probably going to reset your valor for this patch anyway, so you'll dump your excess into upgrades next tier.

I do not think they have ever reset valor for a content patch. They have for expansions only.
Edited by Thanøs on 8/3/2013 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
08/03/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Thanøs

I do not think they have ever reset valor for a content patch. They have for expansions only.
They reset them every patch in Cataclysm because of the gear reset/catchup model used. They didn't reset them in 5.2 due to the gear being hard gated behind rep and likely won't for 5.4 since it's just Valor upgrades, which you have to even get gear first to use.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
They used to reset valor for every content patch until MOP when they didn't downgrade previous tier valor gear to justice. But since they are keeping Shado-Pan Assault pieces valor they might not reset it again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Honestly This move will cost them a lot of revenue. There is no point in playing a game of this type that doesn't net a consistant system of upgrades. Some of us don't have the manpower to field a 3rd raid in our guild and that's where i'm stuck in raid 3 who has to pug more than half our members because the other 2 raids have the rest of the raiders in them. Since i came at the end of the previous expantion cataclysm i kinda get left in the dust as far as raiding goes. If we don't have enough to field 3 regular raids we are not going to have the manpower to field flex raids. Again my VP is going to be wasted as I'm capped with no way to spend it now and 5.4 not introducing a signifigant quality vp sink is basically meaning me and many many more like me are going to have to leave wow till the next expantion. More than likely thats going to cost blizzard millions in revenue that they could have if they had a good vp sink that improves the power of my main. I don't play alts really I have a few at 90 who's sole job is to grow enigma seeds so i can sell golden lotus on the ah to fund my main and to make flasks and food for raiding. As far as my raiding i'm lucky to down 1 boss a week let alone two or three so my vp is wasted which is the problem here. I've tried timeless isle if you are an altoholic its a great way to get gear or it would be if you could choose which piece to buy. As is it gives you random pieces which doesn't make my inclined to want to do it which again goes back to the idea that we are going to have to unsub till the expantion. This is the PTR and blizzard still has the time to fix it either by allowing us to buy the coins for seige of ogrimmar with vp or by adding in a vendor for vp like they did with shado pan assault. Hard to believe that for the most part this expantion has been out for only 10 months and i'm already looking at unsubbing based on not having a viable upgrade path for nonraiders and no vp sink to make up the difference. And no a freaking 12% drop chance of items from the raid wont do it I can run those 4 raids in 4 hours in a single day leaving me with 6 days of nothing to do why bother when a clearer message is blizzard has given up on their subscribers and are screwing us out of a viable upgrade path introduced in 5.2
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
i doubt they will implement the valor vendor with epics that can be obtained. that bag of coins might be the only thing worth going for.

unless it is tied to shaohao faction rep.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Bring back valor->conquest conversion IMO. If I'm sitting on 3k valor and decide one day I don't want to PvE anymore, it'd be nice to trade them in for conquest points just like you can go justice->honor.
Reply Quote
Why in G's name can't Blizzard be more forthcoming with info in general? Why always make us have to go fishing for info in forums and on the net? It seems to me it would have been so simple to just explain in exp. notes what to do with vp's now that most vendors are in jp's. At least, allow for conversion!
Edited by Caldrick on 9/12/2013 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Wall of text

TLDR
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Wall of text

TLDR

Also apparently didn't notice that this thread is over a month old...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]