How bad is..

90 Human Paladin
Some of the dps pieces i have have crit on them. i was wondering if its worse to downgrade ilvl from 502 to 476 in order to get rid of the crit (my boots)? Also, i know im pretty much gemmed and reforged somewhat wrong.

I just wish to know if i could be getting better overall survivability by using pieces with some mitigation and not crit. anything would be helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
When the difference is almost 30 item levels, crit items are generally going to be clear winners. You really need to be reforging properly for that to work, though. If you're concerned about your mitigation, start reforging your gear. You're missing a lot of potential stats due to that.

Get hit and expertise capped first, and then focus everything into either haste or mastery--don't try to balance them or whatever it is you're doing with your gems and reforges being into opposite stats. And don't reforge into avoidance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
At least crit helps you crit. Dodge/parry helps you do jack all.

I would have bought the other shadopan gloves and just reforged the crit into haste.

You'll have better survivability by having more haste.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
My tank set has 4 items that have crit on them because the alternatives I have are just so flipping bad (and also because i'm MS ret). The crit doesn't really do much for you but because of the ilvl upgrade and the increased number of things like gem stats, the 502 piece would indeed be better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]