Why not Sanctified Wrath for PvP?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So looking at the talents....the other day I forgot to swap out of my PvE talents to my PvP so ended up with Speed of Light and Sanctified Wrath. To be honest, for BGs this talent was amazing. Sure, I didn't have the chain of Templar's Verdict hits that Holy Avenger creates, but I had a 30 second Avenging Wrath and I was able to hit anyone who was kiting me with Exorcism, Judgement, and Hammer of Wrath chains for pretty heavy ranged burst.

Have many of you tried SW in PvP? Does it get less beneficial with gear scaling? I know I only just began to collect my own gear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's a nifty idea to use SW for the purpose of either kiting, or being kited, however, you're missing the fact that HA gives you extra damage, and when it comes down to it, I'd rather have the ability to use the HP generation and 30% extra damage on top of my wings to either heal myself or put up some serious burst
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't think you should sacrifice your essential talent that helps our burst for kiting. I can easily kite someone and do adequate damage without the use of SW.
Reply Quote
If you want to kite, you can always pick up harsh words glyph, I wouldn't drop HA for SW. With wings and HA up you can do the following:

HoW >> HarshWords >> Judge >> HarshWords >> HoW >> HarshWords >> Judge >> HarshWords >> Repeat and change things up as necessary.

Throw in Exo's where you can fit them in, and laugh when you still do good damage while kiting or being kited.
Edited by Vod on 8/2/2013 4:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
HoW >> HarshWords >> Judge >> HarshWords >> HoW >> HarshWords >> Judge >> HarshWords >> Repeat and change things up as necessary.

and when you are being heavily damaged, replace "HarshWords" with "3HP WoG on self" for some fantastic burst healing.

Like others are saying, SW offers better kiting utility, which is counter-intuitive to the extra damage it gives since you want to be in melee range to maximize AW damage. Sooo, it's a talent that increases your damage for an extra 10 seconds while also enabling you to run away better? What?

AW gives the option for amazing burst damage or amazing burst healing, which really adds to our class playstyle of "big burst on demand".

It's like "Yo dawg, I heard you like burst, so you can burst while you burst."
Reply Quote
and when you are being heavily damaged, replace "HarshWords" with "3HP WoG on self" for some fantastic burst healing.
Yep, it works amazingly well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Harsh words is a waste of Holy power in PVP - it doesn't do as much damage as Templars V. I wouldn't bother with it.

Otherwise, Sanctified Wrath is amazing, if you don't mind a bit more sustained damage/heals vs burst. Even when I use Holy Avenger, I always stagger my cds - 10sec Avenging Wrath THEN Holy Avenger. I use it secondary, because other players will usually reconize wings, and CC you.

If you're really trying to burn someone, I will pop all three, but it doesn't usually come to that unless I'm fighting healers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/02/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Amuroraye
Harsh words is a waste of Holy power in PVP - it doesn't do as much damage as Templars V. I wouldn't bother with it.

I haven't really used this glyph much, but vs a few classes who are hard to stay on (warlocks, frost mages, monks) or classes you want to actively kite (warriors in , DKs, enh shamans with wolves out) I can see this not being a terrible option. Anyone have some input on that?
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 11:44 AMPosted by Kaskarum

I haven't really used this glyph much, but vs a few classes who are hard to stay on (warlocks, frost mages, monks) or classes you want to actively kite (warriors in , DKs, enh shamans with wolves out) I can see this not being a terrible option. Anyone have some input on that?

It is situational, because TV does hit harder than harsh words. That being said, I can just dump holy power with harsh words if I am being kited, or need to kite, or when getting back on target after being CC'd. It also works while you (or your target) are BoP'd, and when warriors use that annoying 100% parry defensive move.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Holy avenger is wicked and essential for your burst in arenas in getting down those healers, few know how to effectively counter the burst. It's also great for bg's against healers and tanks, but other than that its your own preference.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
IF you can stick on your target for the full duration of HA then go for it. I like SW, I range kill alot of players with it, 2 second HoW are clutch. Remember it lowers the cd of HoW by 50%. HoW is a generator too. If you are being kited, happens often when you pop wings anyway, then the extra duration, the lower CD of HoW and generation it provides wins out in my book over HA with my playstyle. You can trow many, many hammers in 30 seconds. even if they kite you you are doing decent dmg and have increased hopo generation to keep pumping out WoG. So take SW, i do and love it.
Edited by Woa on 8/3/2013 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I usually pop bubble during my burst to prevent cc plus I use burden of guilt and long arm of the law to prevent them kiting.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I like SW for random bg's.
HA pretty much guarantees a kill or two, but it is easy to be cc'd for more than half the duration.
SW allows you to put out more damage especially at range and in BG's where there is a lot of room to move around, that extra range comes in really handy.

But for the majority of PVP, HA is much more effective.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I prefer SW most of the time, just because it means I can't be cc'ed through the duration of AW which happens, especially in random battlegrounds.
Edited by Vir on 8/4/2013 6:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I usually pop bubble during my burst to prevent cc plus I use burden of guilt and long arm of the law to prevent them kiting.

Bubble cuts your damage by 50%
Probably best to actually read your tooltips..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]