Disc priest 5.4 PvP.... Worth leveling one up

27 Blood Elf Priest
I was considering leveling up this disc priest for PvP...... However, after reading the patch 5.4 notes it appears that disc is getting nothing but NERFS!

Spirit shell nerf and rapture mana nerf.

The oom issues of disc seem like they could really detract from the enjoyment of the class.

Mainly was attracted disc priest because of the concept of being able to hybrid, dps some and heal at the same time.

So tell me straight up, is it worth it to even bother to level up a disc priest for PvP?

If its going to be further nerfed for 5.4 then what's the point really? I mean I haven't yet invested hardly anything into this toon yet, so I could easily pick another class for 5.4 healing PvP.

How are monks fairing in 5.4?
Which class has easiest playstyle for a noob healer such as myself?

To disc or not to disc, that is the question.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Don't take what I say as end all be all because I am not a pvp person but if you go over to the ptr forums right now disc seems to be the class most complained about in pvp oriented so I would say its a safe bet to level for 5.4. Then again the ppl complaining about them could have as little exp as me so take it with a grain of salt
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I was considering leveling up this disc priest for PvP...... However, after reading the patch 5.4 notes it appears that disc is getting nothing but NERFS!

disc is super strong atm this season and with upcoming nerfs, it will still be strong next patch. it will just put it a little below than where it is right now. perhaps, the same.

08/02/2013 09:40 PMPosted by Vlion
Spirit shell nerf and rapture mana nerf.

they're buffing mindbender. just make sure to dispel your mindbender if it gets cc'd by the enemy team (if you can spare the dispel). and rapture nerf isn't bad tbh. you will be fine.

spirit shell nerf? 5 secs less? yeah, it can still prevent openers to an extent and big damage that are gonna come if you can predict it.

can't play disc? there's holy. it's also viable for pvp.

The oom issues of disc seem like they could really detract from the enjoyment of the class.

this is a joke

a good pvp disc priest won't go oom in arena right now. and it will still be fine even with the rapture nerf.

Mainly was attracted disc priest because of the concept of being able to hybrid, dps some and heal at the same time.

So tell me straight up, is it worth it to even bother to level up a disc priest for PvP?

don't lie, you're an fotm player. that's why you're rerolling a disc priest, not cause of disc being a hybrid. you want a faceroll pvp class.

and yes it's worth it.

If its going to be further nerfed for 5.4 then what's the point really? I mean I haven't yet invested hardly anything into this toon yet, so I could easily pick another class for 5.4 healing PvP.

it won't, because blizzard doesn't know how to balance disc priests. in fact they really do not know how to balance anything for that matter.

How are monks fairing in 5.4?
Which class has easiest playstyle for a noob healer such as myself?

not as good as disc priests. if you want a substitute for a disc priest, try resto druids. they're also an easy 2.2k healer.

To disc or not to disc, that is the question.

you're more like asking, to be an fotm player or to not be.

either way, disc is still gonna be good next season.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Disc priests can go oom?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Disc priests can go oom?

I thought that was only Resto shamans and holy priests

#JOKES
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Resto shaman

They can oom?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Disc is definitely a safe bet.

If you're skilled, that is. Take the time to learn the class in and out and you'll be much better off than someone who rolled FOTM and isn't as skilled.

You have a lot of survivability, and mana isn't *that* much of an issue if you're smart with it.

Holy is also and option if you're comfortable with stance dancing. What's more important is who you play with honestly. You'll need decent partners who peel bursty classes off of you so that you can stay up.

Don't be wasteful with your spells (think before you dispel, think before you bubble to get the most out of rapture, be aware of your mindbender)

The Spirit Shell nerf really isn't that bad. Just adjust.

Druids are also a great choice-- they're a bit more mobile (lol kittyform).
Edited by Naér on 8/5/2013 7:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I leveled a Disc priest right before 5.0 came out. I was tired of playing my hunter (Played a hunter since BC Beta). All I can say is I will NEVER go back to DPS. I absolutely LOVE my Disc priest in PvP. So yes, its well worth leveling. Even with the "nerfs". I always say play what you love and you will excel at it!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Disc will be nerfed eventually.

Not this expansion though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Disc will be nerfed eventually.

Not this expansion though.

Priests always suck for the first season of an expansion (and then kick massive !@# for the rest of it), so I suppose you could call that the inevitable nerf. :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ptzq5rhn1Q

If this dude doesn't make you wanna play one I don't know what will.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Holy necro batman!

And normal bgs? Any healer is OP in normal bgs with DPS :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ptzq5rhn1Q

If this dude doesn't make you wanna play one I don't know what will.

normal BG's aren't a good representation of class power in pvp when it comes to healers. Any healer with pvp gear can do well. I mean just watching this video you can tell that the damage he has to heal is not a lot. He's not getting interrupted whenever he casts flash heal either.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
If not disc. run Holy. they are both very good in pvp. just depends on the comp you run. RMP. run a holy priest. if your running TSG. probely a disc. then again depends on playstyle off your partners and how they handle each situation.
Reply Quote
I love it....PvP is a blast as Disc. You won't do a ton of damage (but its respectable) and you are very, very hard to kill. Strip off buffs and you can take targets down. Above all, you will be a real pain the backside to your opponents, and tie up multiple players for an extended period.

And you can DPS while you heal.

Go for it man.
Edited by Naarev on 10/23/2013 11:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
WHY YOU NECRO?!

Think they've figured it out since then :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
It's weird to see myself again.
Reply Quote
you look so much better these days. it's like you're a totally different person
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
By the time you get your priest levelled up to max level, everything will have changed again. Picking a class based on the flavor of the month or nerf of the month is just silly. If you like playing your priest, then keep at it. It's better just playing something you're comfortable with than trying to second guess how all the minor changes from month to month compare to everybody else in the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]