Best Healer Addons? Healbot or Vuhdo

90 Goblin Hunter
I use to use healbot all the time but im curious about this VuhDo i hear about. I remember healbot was awesome back in the day when it first came out and was wondering if its better now and/or better then this new VuhDo? Any suggestions or comments? The help is appreciated!

:D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Healbot is just fine specially if you are a new player because Vuhdo is kinda complicated to configurate properly. They do the same thing, just Vuhdo is a bigger program and allow you to change some little things.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I prefer VuhDo over healbot, I used healbot years ago when I first began to learn to heal and felt it was fine for a noob but eventually moved on to other addons.

VuhDo takes some time to configure (but plenty of tutorials on it!) but it is well worth it. Have friends that use healbot currently and some that used it in the past and it just seems like they're always complaining about it bugging out, especially when it updates.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
they're always complaining about it bugging out
I must admit this was the main reason i moved to Vuhdo.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
The only feature I know of that vuhdo has over healbot is clusters. Clusters are a setting where you can set the jump range of a spell like Chain Heal of Holy Radiance, and set the minimum numbers of targets, and the minimum amount of total healing. When vuhdo spots a players who is clustered with the number of players you set, where the spell would heal for the minimum amount you set, it puts a little dot next to that player. It makes Chain Heal and Holy Radiance type spells much more efficient. If that's not an issue for you, go with Healbot. It's easier to set up.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Never touched healbot.

If you take the time to either read a Vuhdo tutorial or watch a video of someone explaining it, then it's awesome. If you don't do that, then it can be pretty intimidating trying to set it up the way you like it.
Reply Quote
51 Night Elf Druid
Just moved from Grid to Vuhdo. Still getting the feel for it; the mouse over click healing is bit of a revolution for me. And here was using an extra click to select targets like a sucker!

But yeah, I don't know much about healbot - peeps kept recommending vuhdo so I just went with that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I love VuhDo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The only feature I know of that vuhdo has over healbot is clusters. Clusters are a setting where you can set the jump range of a spell like Chain Heal of Holy Radiance, and set the minimum numbers of targets, and the minimum amount of total healing. When vuhdo spots a players who is clustered with the number of players you set, where the spell would heal for the minimum amount you set, it puts a little dot next to that player. It makes Chain Heal and Holy Radiance type spells much more efficient. If that's not an issue for you, go with Healbot. It's easier to set up.

I always wonder how much more computer power the cluster feature would use, and whether or not it would cause lag. I have clusters turned off on my not-so-advanced PC.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I always wonder how much more computer power the cluster feature would use, and whether or not it would cause lag. I have clusters turned off on my not-so-advanced PC.

I have never experienced lag due to VuhDo.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I love VuhDo, even if it made me want to tear my hair out for months (... it takes me a long time to become familiar with software interfaces).

In case you're not sure about people talking about VuhDo tutorials to help, they're referring to tutorials on Youtube. And yes, there are numbers, and yes, they did help me a lot... so I presume they could help just about anyone ;D
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I think a large number of the healing forum regulars use VuhDo. I think largely because it's very pretty and also pretty easily customizable once you understand it.

Nothing wrong with the other options, it's all about what you feel comfortable with.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
I think a large number of the healing forum regulars use VuhDo. I think largely because it's very pretty and also pretty easily customizable once you understand it.

Nothing wrong with the other options, it's all about what you feel comfortable with.

I use Vuhdo and hate how it looks. I almost wish I'd go back to grid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I use Vuhdo and hate how it looks. I almost wish I'd go back to grid

I'm reasonably certain you can make it look like Grid without too much work. There's probably videos of that on YouTube too (there is for everything else Vuhdo related).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/06/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Sarakatawen
I use Vuhdo and hate how it looks. I almost wish I'd go back to grid

I'm reasonably certain you can make it look like Grid without too much work. There's probably videos of that on YouTube too (there is for everything else Vuhdo related).

There's actually a saved profile already for grid (bitogrid). That's the one I use for all toons and just edited it more to fit my liking.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Last time I use healbot,
After that, i use clique+default raid UI.
Next, I use clique+grid
Now I use Vuhdo.

Vuhdo is the BEST!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
blizz frams FTW

vuhdo / headbot / grid all bad!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
blizz frams FTW

Just because you don't use them doesn't make them bad :P

Blizzard frames are fine but they lack customization, which was one of the reasons why I swapped to VuhDo. Plus, they're still buggy when someone drops group during combat and it doesn't seem like Blizzard is going to fix that issue anytime soon :/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
blizz frams FTW

I'm glad that you have found raid frames you enjoy.

I'm sorry that you are confused about VuhDo, Healbot, and Grid. There is nothing bad or wrong about them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
blizz frams FTW

Just because you don't use them doesn't make them bad :P

Blizzard frames are fine but they lack customization, which was one of the reasons why I swapped to VuhDo. Plus, they're still buggy when someone drops group during combat and it doesn't seem like Blizzard is going to fix that issue anytime soon :/

never had a problem with mines but i only raid so i dont see any dropping group

blizz frams FTW

I'm glad that you have found raid frames you enjoy.

I'm sorry that you are confused about VuhDo, Healbot, and Grid. There is nothing bad or wrong about them.

well true but still bad for me set all 3 up right and still hated them. Yes blizzard frames i enjoy very much

http://i.imgur.com/YgZ1vT1.jpg
Edited by Nillie on 8/7/2013 1:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]