Best Healer Addons? Healbot or Vuhdo

90 Blood Elf Priest
Been using healbot since I started healing. Still laugh at all those who claim vuhdo is better just cause its better for them. It depends on which you can personalize the way you like which was healbot for me.

Vuhdo is better because its a intelligent interactive addon

For example built in click to cast on frames
Understands your own macros
smart buffs and buff watch
smart rez
Automatic trinkets use is optional
100% customizable
DC shield so when you come back into game you still have frames
Hostile click to cast.
Ability to add or delete buffs/ debuffs or to make your own.

both sounds and visual indicators if you want.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

smart rez
100% customizable
Hostile click to cast.

Doesn't Healbot do all these too?

I don't know if Healbot added the cluster healing in its latest version, which was kind of a major feature difference between the two. Other than that, it is really more of a personal preference.

My key issue with Healbot is its bugs. I hope they've fixed the range bug, which is why I switched to Vudho in 5.3.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
They're virtually the same addon.

The only exceptions are their menu's; Vuhdo far easier to navigate with easy tooltips to help you set your addon up to YOUR personal preferences and the way you want it.

And support/patches. Healbot has this little habit...of every other update it likes to really merk everything up and give you a major headache.

The latter being the reason I dropped healbot a couple months ago. Got sick and tired of it, then I saw how rofleasy the menu's and setup is and quite frankly, Healbot should be ashamed of itself.
Edited by Tonydanza on 8/11/2013 8:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I use Healbot, Been using it for a long while now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Grid is probably the best thing if you don't wanna use blizz UI. You can put anything on there that u want to notify u of whatever, was easy to use back in wotlk and I'm assuming it's the same.

If I was like pushing super hard progression I'd probably use Grid, it's the best overall. I don't really care though, so blizz UI it is!
Edited by Gamex on 8/11/2013 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Neither. Base UI with mouseover macros.

Both look nice, but when you get right down to it, its all they do. Combined with the fact that they can bug out on every patch and need to be maintained makes using them a deal breaker for me.

Really hoping bliz adds native support for mouseover ability activation. Had an addon that did it but was kinda buggy for certain abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Both look nice, but when you get right down to it, its all they do. Combined with the fact that they can bug out on every patch and need to be maintained makes using them a deal breaker for me.

Really hoping bliz adds native support for mouseover ability activation. Had an addon that did it but was kinda buggy for certain abilities.

They don't bug every patch (although healbot is known for it :P). The default UI itself can be just as buggy (I raged every time some left group during combat T_T).

Again, the best raid frames are the ones that work best for YOU. I prefer VuhDo over default because of it's customization, built in clique, and I can position it anywhere on my screen without any issues.
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Warrior
08/07/2013 01:40 AMPosted by Nillie
Yes blizzard frames i enjoy very much

Do you have a bunch of mouse over macros that you use? Or do you click to select a target, then click/keybind/mousebutton the spell you want to cast?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
All the stock raid frames are is a copy of addons like Vuhdo, just with very low customization.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

I haven't had a healing addon bug out on a patch since 2009. And Blizzard has support for mouseovers. It's called mouseover macros.
Edited by Tiriel on 8/12/2013 9:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/12/2013 04:49 AMPosted by Prattle
Yes blizzard frames i enjoy very much

Do you have a bunch of mouse over macros that you use? Or do you click to select a target, then click/keybind/mousebutton the spell you want to cast?

mouse macros all day bro
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I think it's a matter of play style and comfort. I switched to vuhdo only because it seemed every time there was a patch healbot broke.

I like using an addon personally because it's possible to use the same keybinds twice for two different things. One for hovering over addon frames and one for not. So reason for me-I'm lazy and don't want too many buttons.
Reply Quote
5 Orc Monk
08/11/2013 06:58 AMPosted by Loratabb
Been using healbot since I started healing. Still laugh at all those who claim vuhdo is better just cause its better for them. It depends on which you can personalize the way you like which was healbot for me.

smart rez
100% customizable
Hostile click to cast.

Healbot has built in click to cast on frames.
Healbot can cast macros.
Healbot will change frame colors to those not under the effect of your buff/s, with some customization options aswell. Its different than buff watch but serves the same job and works well for those who prefer it.
Healbot has "smart rez".
No autotrinkets but those can be tied into macros and as we mentioned above both work with macros.
Vuhdo is more customizable but NEITHER are 100%.
No clue about offensive click to cast its not a feature I use on any raid frame/healing addon, I usually keep Q, E, Z, X, C, 1234, etc for offensive spells and mouse overs+modifiers for heals.
Healbot has the ability to remove or add the display of buffs/debuffs, further it actually defaults to using ICON's/Pictures instead of colored dots.

Healbot also has sound options besides its standard visual stuff.

Vuhdo is more customizable by a mile, thats Vuhdo's whole "thing", but Healbot has most of all the core basic abilities you want from a raid frame/healing bars addon without being packaged in an overly complex/deep menu system like Vuhdo.

The main benefits for VuhDo that other health bars don't really offer is the direction away from target, if someone is out of range and you hover over them it will put an arrow on there health bar pointing to what direction they are in, this is insanely useful. The cluster indicators for aoe heals is also a great addition aswell.

In general VuhDo is much more full featured, but it comes with the downside of being buried in a much more complex setup/menu system. Healbot is simple and sweet and once you setup your click casts and layout which takes all of afew minutes you are good to go, simplicity is Healbots largest strong point and while they sacrifice some of the more high end features like the cluster indicators or direction of out or range target stuff the core basic heal bar stuff you need is all there in a simple and easy to use package.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
VuhDo is excellent for healing.

If the only two addons you had installed were VuhDo and Weak Auras, you would lose nothing and could heal any raid difficulty.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've always used Healbot.. VuhDo is just too complicated, most of the settings are buried down in there, whereas Healbot is just simple and easy to use.

Perhaps one day I'll switch over to VuhDo and read/watch tutorials on the add-on, but everyone's setup seems to be different than my liking. Don't get me wrong, I do love how it's 100% customizable, I just want something clean and simple that Healbot offers; however, one thing I dislike about Healbot, as everyone mentioned already, is the bug-patch issue.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Been a long-time grid user myself but I thought I'd give Vuhdo a whirl. Vuhdo has some pretty nice features and after alot of hours of playing around with it I've ALMOST got it set up just right. The learning curve is kinda steep for customizing it but still a pretty nice lil' addon.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I have use Grid to target & cast (sorry no mouse-over macros for me) after using Healbot for a long time. I stopped using Healbot for many reasons (people dropping group in combat & it wouldn't update the new group correctly, when Healbot would do an update they would change my saved profile, etc). I have considered using Vuhdo to get back into the click & cast game to see if my healing changes (improves or gets worse) but I have not made the switch yet.

I have to say if you had to pick between the two, after my experiences with Healbot, I'd go with Vuhdo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]