5.4 PTR Possible PvP nerf to Selfless Healer?

90 Tauren Paladin
Just got off of MMO Champion and read this:

Selfless Healer (Protection, Retribution) no longer generate a charge of Holy Power from successful Judgments.

Perhaps this is common knowledge by now and I have just missed the train, but this feels like a huge nerf for Ret PvP. Basically, if we choose to go with Selfless Healer for the added healing support, we lose out on a) much of our damage from not being able to get out Templar's Verdict as fast or b) Less overall healing via less Word of Glorys.

Am I reading this info wrong?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It wasn't a real change. Selfless Healer never generated Holy Power for Prot or Ret. However when they added it to the tooltip for Holy they mistakenly added it to Prot and Ret's versions as well. This change was just a tooltip fix.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, because we don't get holy power because of selfless healer. Only Holy does.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret gains Holy power from judgments because of the skill "Judgments of the bold" not selfless healer.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Ret gains Holy power from judgments because of the skill "Judgments of the bold" not selfless healer.

/facepalm

Yup, got it now. Ret still has HoPo generation from Judgment in 5.4, regardless of taking Selfless Healer or not.

Oy. I should comprehend my spellbook better.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
08/10/2013 04:20 PMPosted by Mcshmoo

/facepalm

Yup, got it now. Ret still has HoPo generation from Judgment in 5.4, regardless of taking Selfless Healer or not.

Oy. I should comprehend my spellbook better.

It was legitimately confusing. Lots of people asked if prot/ret were going to get two HoPos from each Judgement.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]