Healer Trinkets - All

90 Dwarf Priest
In a word, most of the healing PTR trinkets I've tested feel pretty poorly tuned. The procs seem to be a weak attempt to shoehorn them into a proc system that doesn't benefit healers in anyway whatsoever.

From what I've been able to test, the cleave trinket is exceptionally poor, with healing in the range of 0.5% of total healing done, the majority of which occurs early in a fight when everyone is topped.

I've seen similar data around the multistrike trinket as well.

Anyway, I realize theres not a whole lot of detail/data here, but obviously, just trying to raise awareness as to how poor these currently feel.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
The trinkets and why I have a problem with each:

Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinutiy
1959 Intellect
Equip: Your heals have a chance to grant you 23,520 Spirit for 10 sec. Every 0.50 sec, this effect is reduced by 1176 Spirit.

This could have been an amazing trinket. The original incarnation had it degrade when you cast spells, so you could choose to keep going at full capacity or choose to stop and "game" the proc a bit. Since it now degrades at a fixed rate, I don't understand why the devs don't just give us a static proc of the average we'll get over the course of the buff's duration. This trinket is just an upgraded Relic of Chi-Ji with a fancier proc designed to make us think it's different. It's not. It's really boring, which is upsetting because I had so looked forward to playing with the proc and seeing where I could eeke out a bit more regen and where I would have to just ignore and keep on healing. Even so, as Holy, this is likely the trinket I will use for regen, as it is the best option of all of them.

Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth
Equip: Your heals have a 3.11% chance to Cleave, dealing the same healing to all other nearby targets.
Equip: Each time your spells heal you have a chance to gain 11,761 Intellect for 20 sec. (15% chance, 115 sec CD)

I have never seen this trinket do more than 1% of my healing on any encounter I have tested with it. It's so bad it's not even funny. My GM was logging tonight during raid testing. Over the course of the entire night, he did a grand total of 164,371,816 healing. This trinket did a whopping 896,277 of that healing. Over the course of the entire raid test tonight. It procced a grand total of 36 times. It heals Fire Spirits, Storm Spirits, Xuen, Voodoo Gnomes, pets, etc. It's worse than worthless, it's just crap. Complete crap.

Prismatic Prison of Pride
Equip: Amplifies your Critical Strike damage and healing, Haste and Mastery by 7%
Equip: Each time your spells heal, you have a chance to gain 11,761 Intellect for 20 sec. (15% chance, 115 sec CD). Effective for healer specializations only.

This is probably one of the strongest trinkets available, although it's still pretty uninspired. The uptime on the buff theoretically about 17.4%, give or take your luck and length of the encounter. As a througput trinket, this is fine. And it will most likely be BIS for several classes precisely because it's the only trinket with decent throughput.

Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia
Equip: Your heals have a 14.0% chance to trigger Multistrike, which causes instant additional healing to your target equal to 33% of the original healing done.
Equip: Your helpful spells have a chance to grant 11,761 Intellect for 10 sec. (Approximately 0.92 procs per minute)

In terms of throughput, this is every bit as abysmal as Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth. I have yet to see a fight where this trinket provided more than 1% of my healing, and I hear it's worse for absorb healers. I would be better off keeping a Heroic or HTF Lightning-Imbued Chalice than switching to this trinket, because the proc is so bad. Like Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth, this trinket loves to heal pets, and voodoo gnomes, and blood worms, etc. It's absolutely terrible and makes me sad.

5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Spirit Trinket (5)
1959 Intellect
Use: Increases your Spirit by 9795 for 15 sec (1 min 30 sec CD)

Look, another Shado-Pan Assault trinket. Well, I suppose it's okay for what it does. It's still less regen than just using Horridon's Last Gasp, though.

DPS Trinket:

Purified Bindings of Immerseus
Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant 11,761 Intellect for 20 sec (15% chance, 115 sec CD).
Equip: Amplifies your Critical Strike damage and healing, Haste and Mastery by 7%

This still stacks with the Prismatic Prison of Pride. It really shouldn't.

Addendum: We already put up with the Inscribed Bag of Hydra Poop and the Stolen Relic of Shards for the Gbank. Those were terrible trinkets, and they remain terrible trinkets. This is the last tier of the expansion. I would really like it if I had some inspiring and interesting trinkets like we saw in the first tier. The Polarizing Seal was really interesting, and I still use my Spirits of the Sun.
Edited by Tiriel on 8/9/2013 6:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I would also like to encourage other healers who are more math-oriented than I am to post some math on these trinkets. I can only relate what I have myself seen, but I'd like to get more people responding on this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/09/2013 06:41 PMPosted by Tiriel
Relic of Chi-Ji with a fancier proc

The Polarizing Seal was really interesting, and I still use my Spirits of the Sun.

What the heck are you talking about? A bland spirit trink with an int proc and an int trink with a spirit proc? Those are interesting?

Mechanically the SoO trinks are more interesting, regardless of the fact that they're !@#$ in practice.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
08/09/2013 07:05 PMPosted by Miers
What the heck are you talking about? A bland spirit trink with an int proc and an int trink with a spirit proc? Those are interesting?

I didn't say that Spirits of the Sun was interesting. I said that I still use it. Which I do because it's better for regen than anything in ToT other than HLG. As far as the Polarizing Seal being more or less interesting, that's a matter of opinion, of course. I found it interesting because the Intellect proc was so strong and I could reforge the Spirit away. It's also interesting to me for reasons that have nothing to do with raiding (Cmodes and Proving Grounds, actually) due to the way it procs and how it is scaled. The fact that a Spirit trinket (pure Regen) could also provide strong throughput (due to the high uptime of the Intellect proc) was pretty interesting to me.

Again, this is simply my own opinion and really has nothing to do with how good or bad the trinkets themselves are, other than my annoyance with the changes to the Dysmorphic Samophlange.

Mechanically the SoO trinks are more interesting, regardless of the fact that they're ---- in practice.

If they are bad in practice, perhaps you could share why they are bad in practice rather than trying to start a fight over whether you feel they are interesting or not?
Edited by Tiriel on 8/9/2013 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The problem with Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinutiy is that the Spirit proc is currently under budget for its ilevel. At the tooltip listed 1.2 ppm proc rate, the proc should have 20% uptime, and the average Spirit increase during the proc is obviously half of the maximum Spirit value. Based on those assumptions, it's worth around 2300 Spirit. The regen value of the 553 trinket works out to just over half of the typical regen value of ilvl 543 Horridon's Last Gasp. It is going to be inferior until the heroic version (and even that will be debatable) if the proc rate isn't increased.

I have seen both cleave trinkets reach 10-15% of total throughput for certain healing specs. The value of those trinkets seems to be vary heavily by class mechanics. Healers that have a lot of stuff ticking on the entire raid all the time like Resto Druids, Mistweavers and Resto Shaman get a lot more output from these trinkets than healers than non HoT/non ground AoE healers. They should probably normalize the proc rate around spell cast instead of individual spell ticks for these trinkets.

I think the amplification trinket is fine now that they reduced the amplification percentage to a more reasonable level. 14% would have been ridiculous and made it too easy to reach certain haste thresholds (which would have made the trinket too mandatory).

I don't think the healer trinket situation is any worse than what it was in T14 or T15. In T14, there were only 2 raid drop trinkets, so you didn't even have a real decision. T15 really only had one trinket (HLG) that wasn't mediocre to awful. If they can make the cleave trinket spec variance more reasonable, I could see all of the healing trinkets being viable and useful.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't think horridon's has been nerfed enough to make it worth dropping for current healers.

The t16 regen trinket should be stronger than a t15 regen trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I don't think the healer trinket situation is any worse than what it was in T14 or T15. In T14, there were only 2 raid drop trinkets, so you didn't even have a real decision. T15 really only had one trinket (HLG) that wasn't mediocre to awful. If they can make the cleave trinket spec variance more reasonable, I could see all of the healing trinkets being viable and useful.

I would prefer to not spend an entire raid tier throwing away the Tooth and the Insignia the way we have thrown away the Bag of Hydra Poop and the Stolen Relic of Sha Crystals for the Gbank.

Thanks for the math on the DSD (so much easier to pronounce than the name). That's something I'm just not really great at, but I was unimpressed by the uptime on the buff when I tested it.

I don't think horridon's has been nerfed enough to make it worth dropping for current healers.

The t16 regen trinket should be stronger than a t15 regen trinket.

I really do not think that HLG needs to be nerfed. I really feel that the new trinkets need to be buffed. If they nerf HLG even more, that won't make these trinkets better.
Edited by Tiriel on 8/9/2013 8:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Or they at least need to make the spirit stacking trinket better.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I would rather see boring trinkets for healers that are at least an upgrade over the previous tier, rather than trinkets that are interesting in theory but so bad in practice they are essentially wasted drops.

Nobody will want these cleave/multistrike healing trinkets even if their current trinkets are 50 iLvls lower.

It's not a matter of the old trinkets being too strong either, if anything compared to the DPS trinkets of previous tiers healer trinkets have been average at best.

While we're on the topic of wasted drops though, I think it's a bit funny that Blizzard is putting cloaks on the loot tables. Do we really need more gear to disenchant on day 1?
Edited by Lothrik on 8/9/2013 9:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
God all of those trinkets make me so sad. I really despise seeing so many trinkets that proc Int. I !@#$ing hate Int proc trinkets. I dont want to unexpectedly get a bunch of int, and hope that its useful over its duration. I want to either have it be a controllable trinket activation, or be flat int, so I can depend on it. Proccable int is fine for dps, you can always use more dmg, every single time. Healers can't always make use of a bunch of extra healing just because my trinket decides its time for it.

Would have killed to see a trinket with 2k flat int, and the amplification bonus, and another flat int with a spirit or regen proc ala. HLG. That would have been fantastic.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think blizzard is gonna have a huge o crap moment when most heroic raiders and even normal raiders end up going into tier 16 with HLG and not giving it up, and instead of properly buffing and or changing the healer trinkets to actually be useful for us, HLG will get splatted into the ground and we'll be screwed.

That'll be so much fun.

Actually now that I think about it, healers seem to get screwed at the end of every expansion when it comes to the last tier.

Who remembers this piece of garbage in it's original implementation before blizzard buffed the almighty living crap out of it in DS?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=77199/heart-of-unliving

The other trinkets were meh at best. I remember our resto druid wanting seal of the seven signs in DS but that was about it.

Then going back to wrath any healer who knew anything kept the double solace of the fallen trinkets cause who remembers this piece of poop.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50359/althors-abacus

I really don't want to follow this trend for a third expansion in a row.
Edited by Rapsidy on 8/9/2013 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
08/09/2013 09:47 PMPosted by Lothrik
Nobody will want these cleave/multistrike healing trinkets

That's ok these trinkets are amazing on mistweavers.

I'll gladly take them ;D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Nobody will want these cleave/multistrike healing trinkets

That's ok these trinkets are amazing on mistweavers.

I'll gladly take them ;D

Cool. So you'll get trinkets that work great for you, and are terrible for many other healers, and thus you don't care if other people are hurt by the decent trinkets being nerfed.
Edited by Tiriel on 8/9/2013 10:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
Cleave has been absolute trash on every fight I've tried it on so far, we'll see how it is going forward in 25m testing.

Multistrike is 3-4% of my healing now after the reduced proc rate, down from 6-7%. This is with 60-70% overhealing.

The spirit on use trinket is a straight upgrade over a Soothing Talisman but a good deal worse than HLG.

The spirit proc trinket isn't as good as an average HLG and much worse when you're having good luck with HLG stacks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah while the spirit degrading concept trinket was interesting in conception and had the opportunity to really reward good healers by encouraging us to track it's proc and possibly stop our spell casting when it first procs but then have it start the degrade cycle regardless after 3 seconds of inactivity so we can't game it forever I find that a far more engaging and useful trinket than it's current implementation.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Yeah while the spirit degrading concept trinket was interesting in conception and had the opportunity to really reward good healers by encouraging us to track it's proc and possibly stop our spell casting when it first procs but then have it start the degrade cycle regardless after 3 seconds of inactivity so we can't game it forever I find that a far more engaging and useful trinket than it's current implementation.

I think my biggest issue with it at the moment is that it isn't an upgrade over HLG. I'm not even completely sure it's an upgrade over 2/2 H SotS.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well if we're gonna look at it like that then we have to look at it like that for all of the trinkets. Excluding the amp trinkets, and double stacking them which means taking them from our dps counterparts which should not happen, and excluding these mystical numbers that monks are somehow seeing on the multistrike cleave trinkets that no other healer is seeing, ALL of the trinkets are downgrades to HLG.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Well if we're gonna look at it like that then we have to look at it like that for all of the trinkets. Excluding the amp trinkets, and double stacking them which means taking them from our dps counterparts which should not happen, and excluding these mystical numbers that monks are somehow seeing on the multistrike cleave trinkets that no other healer is seeing, ALL of the trinkets are downgrades to HLG.

They're also downgrades to the Chalice, which is lulzy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I just ntoiced that al the other roles get a cd-recovery trinket, but I couldn't find one listed for healers. Did Blizz stick it to healers again?

Honestly, healing has to be the only role where I feel no stronger as a healer then I did at the start of Cata. Blizz never lets us have fun things to play with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]