RDruid optimization

90 Night Elf Druid
The 13163 haste breakpoint isn't about "sniping heals during farm" or using a sub-optimal BP on content that doesn't matter anymore. It's about a more mana efficient, mana sustaining, and better throughput build that will be even better during T16 progression than it has been on T15 farm, imo. Trollmendous has already pointed out the majority of the benefits of 13163 vs 3043 w/ heavy mastery (all of which I agree with), but I want to emphasize the impact of using 13163 haste has on lifebloom.

I always see people say "lifebloom breakpoints don't matter because it's refreshed before it falls", however haste makes lifebloom tick faster (significantly faster if you're talking 3043/6652 vs 13163) which equates to many more clearcast procs even if you refresh it before it blooms 100% of the time. This is shown by looking at any log of someone using 13163 vs anyone else using 6652/3043. Just be sure to factor in fight duration / LB uptime / and if they used Incarnation or not. If you don't see the value of being able to use life-saving Regrowths much more freely without having to worry about extra mana expenditure during progression, then you're just not opening your eyes. Keep in mind, this is just one of the many advantages of using the 6th rejuv tick breakpoint vs 6652/3043.

As for treants, they take some getting used to but are surprisingly powerful. Their HT casts are usually about 4.5-6% of my total effective healing on any given fight that I use them on, while their swiftmend is generally 1-2%. Conservatively, they are worth about 5% total effective healing and require minimal effort to use properly. Also, not having to pair WG with Swiftmend any longer is a huge benefit in a lot of situations when WG is needed but Swiftmend isn't up or you are saving it (Megaera AOE / Consorts).

When I tried FoN on heroic megaera 2healing, it was garbage. I haven't been around much lately and tbh haven't been reading up as much as I used to... Has there been some change I don't know about or something? Because otherwise, I have to seriously disagree with their potency. They were garbage when I used them...

When you say garbage, how much of your total healing % is that referring to? I haven't done 10man ToT, but judging from 10man heroic fights on PTR Force of Nature is even stronger on 10man than it is in 25mans. Seeing as their primary source of healing (HT casts) don't go up the more people you have in a raid and considering the low overheal they usually have, this comes as no surprise to me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Thanks for contributing Tigerladyirl.

So are you pretty much running FON as a default tier talent on all encounters?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
When you say garbage, how much of your total healing % is that referring to? I haven't done 10man ToT, but judging from 10man heroic fights on PTR Force of Nature is even stronger on 10man than it is in 25mans. Seeing as their primary source of healing (HT casts) don't go up the more people you have in a raid and considering the low overheal they usually have, this comes as no surprise to me.

I'll check to see if the logs are still around somewhere... I can't remember the %, maybe Sensations can remember 'cause we were both talking about how bad it was on the attempt(s) I used them. I quickly dropped that and switched back to Incarnation. I'll be honest about not trying it for more than like 2 attempts w/ Megaera, because it was really bad even if I wasn't using them as well as I know I could have. It was healing for such low amounts. If I had to try and remember, I'd say 500 a tick? I could be wrong about that.

edit: Yeah logs are definitely too far back :( Sensations is the only other that may remember.
Edited by Misclicked on 8/18/2013 12:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, I still use Incarnation on a few (Jin Rokh / Tortos) and SOTF sometimes for Ra-den for max output in the last phase.

Misclicked, keep in mind the majority of their healing comes from the HT casts, not the initial Swiftmend or their Efflorescence.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Well at the 13163 haste break you get 2 more Healing touches on FoN I believe for 9 total casts. You need keep in mend that WG reaches it's 17th breakpoint (5.4 100% haste) by then as well though and of course incarnation gives it's 15% for all those extra ticks at that point and a few lifeblooms should cause tons of clearcasting procs.
Edited by Stratas on 8/18/2013 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I don't particularly feel like fishing for logs, but the one week I tried out FoN I didn't hate them. I didn't fall behind where I normally was, and I wasn't ahead of where I normally was. Not having to micromanage swiftmend was nice. Only complaint I could see, is that if you're used to Incarnation FoN feels a little lame (not being a big !@# tree anymore and all). I personally use SoTF still since I got used to it and have yet to test the treants after reaching a higher haste threshold. Maybe I'll give them a shot tonight.

Disclaimer: I have no math to support anything being stronger than the other... yet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yeah, I still use Incarnation on a few (Jin Rokh / Tortos) and SOTF sometimes for Ra-den for max output in the last phase.

Misclicked, keep in mind the majority of their healing comes from the HT casts, not the initial Swiftmend or their Efflorescence.

Oh my dear god, Tigerlady is the greatest thing to ever walk the green grass of Azeroth, I would bow if I saw him walk the streets of our precious Shrine. He makes all the other druids look like grass beneath a great magical tree. If they made a real life version of his druid it would heal cancer. His Cylones would be stronger than Katrina and wrath would be so great that it could defeat the !@#$ Army with one cast. He is seriously the greatest thing to ever come to this god forsaken world of Azeroth.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]