Resto Shaman Stat Priority

90 Troll Shaman
Generally, there is a wide variation on what you can do with stats. If you aren't sure how what direction to go, I would specifically avoid Mastery stacking. In the current healing environment (affected as much by what other classes can do as our own toolkit) and the level of overhealing/absorbs/passive healing you typically see, it just flat out underperforms other stats. It generally is behind Crit by a 2:1 to 4:1 margin, and Crit trails Haste to breakpoints in a lot of cases and definitely trails INT in terms of throughput. It just tends to be a really awful stat right now.

As far as what else you want to do, ask yourself some questions.
-Are you doing 25 man and are the other healers in your raid having mana problems/don't have the legendary meta? In that case, stacking to maximum Spirit is probably the best idea.
-Is Healing Rain 25%+ of your output on the average fight? If so, you gain a lot by stacking to the 7613 haste breakpoint as soon as possible.
-Are you having significant mana issues based on playstyle, gear level, or spell selection? If so, and you don't want to switch spell selection around/mess with Totemic Recall, you can consider going with a low haste level and Spirit > Crit > Haste > Mastery. The extra Crit means more resurgence regen.
-If you're doing 10 man (probably not recommended in 25 due to MTT gains for the whole raid), you can consider going to a low (sub 10,000) Spirit build and emphasizing recalling every HST and dropping and recalling Magma totems during meta procs.

I personally don't advise putting much value in haste breakpoints except for Healing Rain. The totem breakpoints are buggy, ELW is a fairly negligible source of your output typically. Riptide rarely exceeds 15% of your output, so you are only looking at a 1-2% increase from hitting a Riptide breakpoint. Unless you are close to an ELW/RT breakpoint from basic gearing, I don't advise going out of your way to get to one. You generally gain less throughput than the Spirit/Crit/Mastery you would drop to get there gives you.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
Thank you, Tiberria. Very helpful information.

I'm doing 25's, so I'm going to try for a Healing Rain breakpoint after Spirit, and go with as much crit as I have available after that. We have a lot of Disc Priest and Holy Paladins, so Mastery, as you said, is likely not going to be very helpful to me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
our shaman stacks the living day lights out of haste/spirit. too the point i stack crit basically. It works well for her. Ive never seen a resto sham give me a run for my money in healing since well icc. Her healing rain, HST do massive healing with so many ticks and her chain heal snipes like a boss.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]