What if earth shield proc was an absorb?

90 Draenei Shaman
I think only thing could be better for resto shaman (i like it a lot) is that we don't have an absorb. Maybe earth shield could proc less and give an absorb instead. What do you think?
Edited by Shamantra on 8/11/2013 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Paladin
HC
Then it would be called "Sacred Shield."
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I think only thing could be better for resto shaman (i like it a lot) is that we don't have an absorb. Maybe it should proc less and give an absorb instead. What do you think?

Isn't that what it's doing in T16 with a set bonus?

Also, the value of Earth Shield was never the proc. It's the healing boost you get from having it on your target.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I had no idea, but i checked and yes it will! To bad it is not baseline, because i care more about pvp healing. They said once that they test new things with set bonuses, so maybe its made baseline in the future.
the value of Earth Shield was never the proc
That is for sure.
Edited by Shamantra on 8/11/2013 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Yes it is.

The game needs less absorbs, not more.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Agreed, but i would like to have just a tiny bit and guess druids too.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

I am hoping next expac they get rid of them all less pw:s and some kind of diminished DA. Nothing fun about watching health bars not move.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
08/11/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Harpoa

I am hoping next expac they get rid of them all less pw:s and some kind of diminished DA. Nothing fun about watching health bars not move.

I like watching the health bars sit there for a moment, then start going all over the place as the bubbles go boom.

I think I might be a sadist. Excuse me, I gotta go spam Circle of Cheating right now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Nothing fun about watching health bars not move.
I LOVE when the health bar of my team's flag carrier does't move (down) while i am casting a super OP big heal. And it is very frustrating when he dies while i am still casting. I blame the lack of absorbs.
Edited by Shamantra on 8/11/2013 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I had no idea, but i checked and yes it will! To bad it is not baseline, because i care more about pvp healing. They said once that they test new things with set bonuses, so maybe its made baseline in the future.

Not to get you too excited, but they frequently use healer tier to test things.

The down side is they also use them to "bridge" nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Let's just make all the healers the same. PW:S for everyone mmk.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I mean the current heal of ES is so pathetic that this wouldn't even matter.

IIRC with the 30% buff in ICC, my ES back then used to crit upwards of 8-10k. The amount if heals right when I have 41k spellpower unbuffed is about 13k non-crit.

Not saying ICC was right. But as of right now its a joke. The biggest point, as others mentioned, is the healing buff you get.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Let's just make all the healers the same. PW:S for everyone mmk.

Weakened Soul for everyone, yay!!!!

One heal per person every 15 sec will be SWEET.
Reply Quote
We could call it, Tier 16 2p bonus.

08/11/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Shamantra
Maybe earth shield could proc less and give an absorb instead.

Earth Shield's heal is alreay pathetically low, making it any weaker would make it worse even if it was an absorb. They had to buff (albeit it's been buggy) the T16 2p from 100% ES proc as absorb to 300% ES proc because of how weak ES is. If it wasn't because of the 20% healing buff on ES target, I don't think many would bother much to keep ES on the tank these days.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/11/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Shamantra

I feel what would be a good fix for many absorb mechanics would be to make them only absorb 50% of incoming damage on a target. For example, if I have a Sacred Shield on myself for 40,000 and I get hit by an 60,000 Pyroblast!, the shield would absorb only 30,000 of the damage and I would take the remaining 30,000 damage to my health pool, leaving me with a 10,000 absorption shield still.

This would help smooth out damage taken for absorb mechanics without stepping on HoT healers' toes as much as it does now, and would allow absorbs to remain as mitigation mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It would make little to no difference making changing Earth Shield from a heal into an absorb; it only heals for like 10k now and accounts for less than 2% of our healing typically. It isn't even necessarily worth immediately refreshing Earth Shield when it falls off unless you are planning on casting a direct heal on that target right away (and definitely is not worth delaying using HR or HST on cooldown to refresh it).

If they do anything with Earth Shield next expansion, they should remove the charges and the healing on hits and just make it a buff that can be placed on 1 target of a time that gives the extra healing. If they don't want to do that, they should at the very least make multiple Earth Shields (the orb heals not the healing bonus) stack on a single target instead of overwriting. It's too annoying with multiple Shaman on single tank fights or fights where only 1 tank is taking damage at once, and all other similar abilities (Beacon, Lifebloom, etc) have long since been changed to stack from multiple players. I really don't understand why they haven't done that with Earth Shield yet.
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Warrior
08/11/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Tiberria
It's too annoying with multiple Shaman on single tank fights

Not many things truly annoy me with this game, but this is one of them.

Obviously, this should not be an issue for normal and heroic modes. But for LFR and PUG world bosses this is EXTREMELY annoying.

A decent healer should have no problem maintaining near 100% uptime on their ES. So just let it stack and have the server pick one ES buff at a time at random to mitigate damage. Or better still, just make is a single target healing buff. It is all it is really used for in raiding anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
08/11/2013 02:14 PMPosted by Tiriel
Circle of Cheating

circle of GOD YOU HAVE SO MUCH SPIRIT also give me your dagger. nowwwwww

that being said I want less absorbs as well.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Weakened Soul for everyone, yay!!!!

Stop talking sarcastically about my raid.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
08/12/2013 05:15 AMPosted by Sillyxoxo
Circle of Cheating

circle of GOD YOU HAVE SO MUCH SPIRIT also give me your dagger. nowwwwww

that being said I want less absorbs as well.

I'll never give my Spirit up! MOAR SPIRIT!

You can have my dagger if I can have the Haste mace off Lei Shen, ok?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]