Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen (Hunter Proc)

90 Troll Hunter
So I am not sure when this change went through but at current I approve.

Equip: Your damaging attacks have a chance to trigger a Flurry of Xuen, causing you to deal X damage to all enemies to your current target and enemies around them, every 0.3 sec for 3 sec.

Damage output was ranging from 8-12% of my damage of H Nuroshen testing.

What does everyone else think?
Edited by Thanøs on 8/8/2013 7:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Oh and the "wings" on the cape. Not sure when they are supposed to appear but they seem to come and go randomly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
the wings appear when you "trigger a Flurry of Xuen" and last as long as the proc, so 3 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Hmm the wings are going off when I am standing around idle, so thats a no.

when it does proc though I appear to fire from my ranged an ability that looks like a mix of barrage and multishot, very thing lines coming out with a slight spread.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
hmm. i thought the wings were during proc guess im wrong
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
9-12%? Was there a lot of cleave? Currently it doesn't scale with damage modifiers so my cloak damage isn't doing how much I'm supposed to be doing....But holy crap atm I get like 3-4% tops of overall dmg.

With cleave and dmg modifiers working I could see 9-12% with aoe...but if thats st that's...really high.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
9-12%? Was there a lot of cleave? Currently it doesn't scale with damage modifiers so my cloak damage isn't doing how much I'm supposed to be doing....But holy crap atm I get like 3-4% tops of overall dmg.

With cleave and dmg modifiers working I could see 9-12% with aoe...but if thats st that's...really high.
It's probably how they plan on buffing hunters since they realize that every last damn one of us will unsub if they use their old standby of buffing Hawk.

edit

And I have a feeling I'm going to get sick of the cloak graphics five minutes into the first day of raiding with our new cloaks. I'm annoyed by just looking at them on one person. 25 is going to make me want to throw my computer.
Edited by Blåckspiral on 8/8/2013 9:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Nourushen has potential for a lot of cleave but the short answer is no.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The only gripe I have with the proc is that the animation of falling arrows just looks like blue rain and not really a million arrows.

Otherwise very happy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
It's better than the crazy blue slashes int he air it was doing infront of us before.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
So I am not sure when this change went through but at current I approve.

Equip: Your damaging attacks have a chance to trigger a Flurry of Xuen, causing you to deal X damage to all enemies to your current target and enemies around them, every 0.3 sec for 3 sec.

Damage output was ranging from 8-12% of my damage of H Nuroshen testing.

What does everyone else think?

That is the best version of the proc I can think of, it simulates the melee intent quite well.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
That it does Verdash. It hits a lot too and doing good damage.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Very interesting and welcome.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I actually have a question about this specifically for the hunter proc.
The new visual is very cool, by the way. Old-school volley style.

The proc rates dynamically adjusts itself, though it's based specifically off the haste stat. Marksmanship's Steady Focus passive is worded as "ranged attack speed" and not "ranged haste", meaning it does not increase the proc rate of the cloak like using rapid fire does ("ranged haste").

Beast Mastery's counterpart, Focus Fire, grants "ranged haste" and therefore does increase the cloak proc.

Is this an unintentional "nerf" to Marksmanship or an unintentional "buff" to Beast Mastery?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I actually have a question about this specifically for the hunter proc.
The new visual is very cool, by the way. Old-school volley style.

The proc rates dynamically adjusts itself, though it's based specifically off the haste stat. Marksmanship's Steady Focus passive is worded as "ranged attack speed" and not "ranged haste", meaning it does not increase the proc rate of the cloak like using rapid fire does ("ranged haste").

Beast Mastery's counterpart, Focus Fire, grants "ranged haste" and therefore does increase the cloak proc.

Is this an unintentional "nerf" to Marksmanship or an unintentional "buff" to Beast Mastery?
It's an unintentional "we don't know what the hell we're doing" moment. Seriously... We got our cloak procs how long after everyone else? How long did it take them to fix the BM set bonus? Last time I checked they still haven't addressed the MM set bonus and GC said they're getting ready to start the numbers part of the PTR soon. As far as Blizzard's design philosophy for marksman it's a dead spec that only a fool will play in 5.4.
Edited by Blåckspiral on 8/11/2013 6:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd be worried about how they are going to manage the cleave from the cloak for hunters -.- being a range dps you are not particularly meant to be standing right next to your targets at all times, hunters going to become melee if they leave it as is for hunters.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd be worried about how they are going to manage the cleave from the cloak for hunters -.- being a range dps you are not particularly meant to be standing right next to your targets at all times, hunters going to become melee if they leave it as is for hunters.

Can you read? The hunter proc behaves like the caster one, cleave damage around your current target
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]