5.4: Arms vs. Fury?

90 Worgen Warrior
I have not been able to really test this on the PTR, but is Fury still ahead of Arms in terms of DPS? Just wondering.
Reply Quote
Arms will probably pull ahead in Sustained AOE with fury still better in burst AOE, As to the overall DPS, they haven't started tuning yet.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Dat Bladestorm.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Did they buff Bladestorm and will it pull ahead of Dragon's Roar?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yes. Depending on the fight, possibly.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Personally I think they need to return Fury Warrior's passive 100 yard buff that increases everyone's crit chance by 5%. However what I think is the real issue with Arms Vs Fury is Arms is not as Gear Dependent as Fury. I PvP like a boss as Fury. Fury is just much more tankier. I would however not care much either way, I enjoy both specs, and I enjoy crushing Arms Fan boys and People who go fury to copy me. Play what YOU like. I personally just like to smash people on my warrior. Whether I am Arms or fury it does not matter to me. But, keep this in mind, Fury warriors are much more tankier then Arms Warriors. But, if they are buffing Arms Warriors this much, they need to buff Fury Warriors too. Increasing Wild Strike's damage when doing Titan's grip would be better sustained damage. An increase to Blood Thirst's Damage would be nice. Raging Blow is fine if you line it up with Colossus Smash right and end up hitting Raging Blow 4 times while Colossus smash is on the target is good, but you have to have enough haste to counteract the GCD.
In summary, play what you want. If your are indecisive about which to go with, just remember arms and Titan's grip weapons are interchangeable on the fly.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
They are focusing heavily on Arms due to how far behind it is but I currently do not think it is enough. They need to scale better or the same thing will happen to them come 5.4 like it did when 5.2 came out and Arms was better for a lil bit til gear and became horrible again. They need to changed the scaling with gear of arms. I would say change AP scaling on some core abilities. They did not mention any type of mechanical stuff like reworking mastery or anything like that so I doubt a change like that would happen.

I want to be able to go back and forth or at least have a choice in what is better for the fight rather than an obvious choice and ppl who actually raid as Arms get shafted. Hopefully they not only buff Arms but make smart moves to rework how well they scale to ensure they are viable, as well as, keep an eye on the dmg of fury to ensure that the change to RPPM really does effect our dps for the better to a point we can bridge the cap from us to other melee classes. (though now that seems VERY unlikely with the buff Rogues just got). Really Blizzard? Really? a class already much higher as far as dps goes in raid and they get a buff. funny.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Personally I think they need to return Fury Warrior's passive 100 yard buff that increases everyone's crit chance by 5%. However what I think is the real issue with Arms Vs Fury is Arms is not as Gear Dependent as Fury. I PvP like a boss as Fury.

Fury is just much more tankier. I would however not care much either way, I enjoy both specs, and I enjoy crushing Arms Fan boys and People who go fury to copy me. Play what YOU like. I personally just like to smash people on my warrior. Whether I am Arms or fury it does not matter to me. But, keep this in mind, Fury warriors are much more tankier then Arms Warriors. But, if they are buffing Arms Warriors this much, they need to buff Fury Warriors too.

Increasing Wild Strike's damage when doing Titan's grip would be better sustained damage. An increase to Blood Thirst's Damage would be nice. Raging Blow is fine if you line it up with Colossus Smash right and end up hitting Raging Blow 4 times while Colossus smash is on the target is good, but you have to have enough haste to counteract the GCD.
In summary, play what you want. If your are indecisive about which to go with, just remember arms and Titan's grip weapons are interchangeable on the fly.

Uhh i think you need to brush up on how Fury plays. WS damage being increased when your playog TG would never happen, they would buff it in general. Why? because its suppose to hit harder as SMF (due to the huge damage boost to ap an offhand for smf). Also haste does nothing for fury except more rage because of auto's hit faster in battle or zerker stance, its a useless stat to stack as fury.

Also, unless you have the pve 2 pc and you get lucky, you can only fit 3 Rbs into a cs window, you can only fit 4 gcds into a cs window. That being said, Ideally i would like to see:

Bt- 115% wep damage

Rb- 215% wep damage

WS 240% wep damage and rage cost reduced to 20 rage, down from 30.

More WS usage inbetween cs and procs without sinking a ton of rage into it.
Edited by Ezyo on 8/13/2013 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Fury will be ahead of Arms until the Devs make it so TfB affects BOTH Slam and Overpower.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

Bladestorm will be pretty much equal to Arms for Single Target DPS. Maybe even more since it gives us a chance to use battle shout, which our rotation generally doesn't allow for unless we foolishly burned all of our rage.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Bladestorm will be pretty much equal to Arms for Single Target DPS. Maybe even more since it gives us a chance to use battle shout, which our rotation generally doesn't allow for unless we foolishly burned all of our rage.

It also procs SoO.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
@ hoofette

Can you do a quick calculation of how much of an increase fury would recieve with my suggested changes? Listed:

Bt- 115% wep damage

Rb- 215% wep damage

WS 240% wep damage and rage cost reduced to 20 rage, down from 30.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I don't know how to reduce the cost of abilities, however I can calculate the damage increases:

SMF Current:
Bloodbath: 13,174
Bloodthirst: 13,437
Raging Blow: 41,939
Wild Strike: 11,288
Subtotal: 79,838
Total: 215,069

SMF Proposed:
Bloodbath: 13,925
Bloodthirst: 16,431
Raging Blow: 47,320
Wild Strike: 11,668
Subtotal: 89,344
Total: 225,145 (increase of 4.685%)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TG Current:
Bloodbath: 13,075
Bloodthirst: 17,472
Raging Blow: 49,280
Whirlwind: 1,988
Wild Strike: 8,381
Subtotal: 90,196
Total: 215,064

TG Proposed:
Bloodbath: 13,928
Bloodthirst: 21,344
Raging Blow: 55,456
Wild Strike: 10,699
Subtotal: 101,427
Total: 226,694 (increase of 5.408%)

Edit: Over-rides:

override.spell_data=effect.134421.base_value=110
override.spell_data=effect.101984.base_value=215
override.spell_data=effect.86556.base_value=215
override.spell_data=effect.107866.base_value=240
Edited by Hoofette on 8/13/2013 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Ah i was trying to get the buff equal to what DW was. Since the DW buff is about a 65% damage increase and people are worried that increasing abilities damage will throw off how close SmF and Tg are. Why not divide the 65% increase damage over the 3 main abilities and increase there damage by 21-22~%?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]