5.4 Resto Druid Haste Breakpoints?

100 Troll Druid
Does anyone have a link or their own math of what the new resto druid haste cutpoints will be in 5.4 with the changes to Soul of the Forest?

Basically I would be interested in seeing what haste cutpoints are needed with the SOTF proc and the new number of ticks each spell would get at each interval.

Thanks :) I been trying to figure out the numbers on the PTR but i'm not good with the math so I figured maybe someone else has done it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The 13163 haste breakpoint for the 6th rejuv point is going to apply to some useful SoTf breakpoints with the buff to 100% haste.

At ~12458 haste you get to the 17th breakpoint for Wild growth with SoTf and at ~13163 haste you could get the 10th rejuvenation tick with sotf. Since SoTf will now give 100% haste it's extremely easy to know breakpoints because the breakpoints remain the same as normal haste breakpoint but you add on as many ticks as the spell would normally have and then add the additional ticks gained by the haste on your gear.

Rejuv normally has 4 ticks and you gain 2 ticks at 13163 haste. With 100% haste you get 8 ticks guaranteed and at 13163 haste you also gain the additional 2 ticks for 10 total.

I sounds crazy but at 10101 haste you can get the 35th lifebloom breakpoint with SoTf.
Reply Quote
You know, I was about to make a post about something Haste related until I saw this. I guess I'll just say it here. What's the benefits of hitting the next soft haste cap of 21.4%? I'm currently reforged to have 12.4% haste. If I were to move my stats around and get to 21.4%, would I see an improvement in healing output? I'm concerned about trying it out and raiding with it seeing as how I would lose 7-8% mastery rating. Are the extra ticks of LB, WG, RJ worth it?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You know, I was about to make a post about something Haste related until I saw this. I guess I'll just say it here. What's the benefits of hitting the next soft haste cap of 21.4%? I'm currently reforged to have 12.4% haste. If I were to move my stats around and get to 21.4%, would I see an improvement in healing output? I'm concerned about trying it out and raiding with it seeing as how I would lose 7-8% mastery rating. Are the extra ticks of LB, WG, RJ worth it?

there's no rejuv breakpoints between 12.5% and 21.4%

and short answer is not worth it
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/08/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Rexoss

there's no rejuv breakpoints between 12.5% and 21.4%

and short answer is not worth it

While Rexoss is correct, I just want to elaborate on what he'd said.

By going to the 6652 breakpoint you are losing between 7-8% mastery, which translates to 7% - 8% healing loss. For a ~5% gain to WG/Efflorescence. While you will have faster cast times, and a faster GCD, it really doesn't make up for the huge throughput loss.

Just stay at the 3043 rating until you have the gear to support the 13163 HBP
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
[quote]The 13163 haste breakpoint for the 6th rejuv point is going to apply to some useful SoTf breakpoints with the buff to 100% haste.

At ~12458 haste you get to the 17th breakpoint for Wild growth with SoTf and at ~13163 haste you could get the 10th rejuvenation tick with sotf. Since SoTf will now give 100% haste it's extremely easy to know breakpoints because the breakpoints remain the same as normal haste breakpoint but you add on as many ticks as the spell would normally have and then add the additional ticks gained by the haste on your gear.

Rejuv normally has 4 ticks and you gain 2 ticks at 13163 haste. With 100% haste you get 8 ticks guaranteed and at 13163 haste you also gain the additional 2 ticks for 10 total.

I sounds crazy but at 10101 haste you can get the 35th lifebloom breakpoint with SoTf.

Thanks for this info!

And just to confirm, the 17th tick on WG with SOTF is with 100% haste not 75% haste right?

Also, does your haste values include the 5% raid buff? If not, I would be interested in knowing that as well.

The lifebloom ticks are nice too with sotf.

Anyway thanks for the info :)
Edited by Shlamorel on 8/9/2013 12:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
[quote]The 13163 haste breakpoint for the 6th rejuv point is going to apply to some useful SoTf breakpoints with the buff to 100% haste.

Thanks for this info!

And just to confirm, the 17th tick on WG with SOTF is with 100% haste not 75% haste right?

Also, does your haste values include the 5% raid buff? If not, I would be interested in knowing that as well.

The lifebloom ticks are nice too with sotf.

Anyway thanks for the info :)

100% haste yes. Includes 5% haste buff of course; otherwise most these breakpoints would be a lot harder to get.

Perhaps this will help

http://theincbear.com/math/resto-haste-breakpoints

For 17th you need to get to slightly above 16.5 ticks cause the round up. 16.5/7 (the normal number of ticks WG gets) = 2.35714 (235.714% haste). The first 100% isn't significant though since the first 7 ticks are guaranteed. It's better to just ignore the first 7 ticks and only use the additional ticks to calculate the haste % needed for the next breakpoint. So instead you would do 9.5/7 = 1.35714 (135.714% haste). You can get that 35.714% with 5% haste buff at around 12458 haste (this is actually 35.7773% haste and is needed to get it to round upward) and the other 100% haste comes from sotf itself.

On a positive note you will get the 10th breakpoint on WG even with sotf and the 6th rejuv breakpoint at 13163 is the main reason druid aim for it. Do not readjust your gear this much until you are around 540 ilvl or so. I do not plan to regear myself until next tier as I gear up.
Edited by Stratas on 8/9/2013 1:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I'm still looking for a list that contains the new numbers - does anyone have a full list yet? I know it's easy enough to work out individual points, but being able to see at a glance how close together they are with other breakpoints would be nice too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
bah SOTF i rather use incarnation
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
bah SOTF i rather use incarnation

.... Good for you! I prefer SofF. But more than that I like to have the info.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Not sure if this is what you're looking for but here:D

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41

BTW if you're going to go for the 13163 break point for rejuvanation and tranqulity get the extra 800 or so haste and obtain the 13953 for SotF wild growth.
Edited by Bitter on 9/21/2013 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! EDIT: Worth noting for others that the first list is inaccurate and I believe still represents old values - but the one further down the page appears to be correct.

Now, can anyone tell me why when I cast Swiftment (resulting in SotF) I gain 116% haste? Supposed to be 100%, right? but I go from ~16% (no raid buff) to ~132% .. Seems odd.

Can't see any other talents affecting haste in this way, and no trinket procs (mine are spirit / mana)
Edited by Nephini on 9/21/2013 3:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
BTW if you're going to go for the 13163 break point....

How much benefit is there to that, really? I'm only ilvl 543 at the moment, not much hope of reaching close to 13k haste in any case, but why is that suddenly better than other stats now? (that is, so much better that it appears to mean sacrificing everything else)

Edit : Never mind, read a few other threads and can see the benefits now.
Edited by Nephini on 9/21/2013 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah sorry the first list is wrong but the 2 below it are fine. I was able to reach the 13953 break point in lesser gear than I have know maybe like 546 It was close but I was able to get it and it helped a lot. I really didn't lose that much mastery either only lost like 14% of so from 40%.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
For some reason idk if its supposed to or not it adds 100% hast and doubles you haste in a manner it basicly adds 100% haste and increases your haste by 100% of your current
Reply Quote
These number aren't making full sense to me yet. Stratas says

"Rejuv normally has 4 ticks and you gain 2 ticks at 13163 haste. With 100% haste you get 8 ticks guaranteed and at 13163 haste you also gain the additional 2 ticks for 10 total."

This sentence makes 0 sense because he goes from 8 ticks to 10 without changing the rating. And do these tics include the very first heal you get from casting Rejuv? or are tics counted once the "over time" begins?

SotF says 100% haste, does this mean I should double my haste rating? Right now if I hover over haste it says 7309 17.2%. When I use SotF it doesn't show the rating increase only the% changes to 134.4.

I've been messing around a little bit but still cant find the perfect haste % to reach the good breakpoint. Also I only PVP so I'm not including the 5% raid buff cus it's not always there.

can someone plz explain?
Edited by Muattie on 3/10/2014 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
http://forums.elitistjerks.com/page/articles.html/_/world-of-warcraft/druid/resto-mists-of-pandaria-54-r67#Haste_Breakpoints

There is a nice chart that breaks it all down.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]