world of logs. Should i just reroll dps?

90 Human Monk
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8trijb11d3hnjv4f/

Any good MWs mind taking a look at my log report and tell me if i should give up healing and just go to a dps class like my hunter or my lock?

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They look fine too me number wise. Now breakdown of spell use and percentages yeah ask a mw.

Still from a numbers standpoint it's good.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Your renewing mist uptime is 83.4%. You want that as close to or at 100%. its our core spell and dictates our aoe healing through uplift and you want it to be on the maximum number of targets possible. Also, more chi!

Normally you shouldn't worry about overheal, but 73.1% overheal on uplift is quite high. You may be dumping chi into uplifts when people are already at full. That chi could be more useful if spent on dps.

It looks like you're using SoM a lot which is good, you should pretty much spam this unless you are fistweaving/ doing other healing as it provides a lot of chi and its dirt cheap.

Also, you're using Expel Harm but you could be using it more frequently. Easy chi.

Be sure to use your chi burst on CD. Its absolutely free and provides great healing. If you feel like you cant hit many people with chi burst alignment, go for chi wave and cast that on CD as well.

That's all I can find, I'm not an expert at reading wol. You should stick with healing if you enjoy it! You're certainly not bad at it. Just do whats most fun :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
08/10/2013 11:02 PMPosted by Cyara
Your renewing mist uptime is 83.4%. You want that as close to or at 100%. its our core spell and dictates our aoe healing through uplift and you want it to be on the maximum number of targets possible. Also, more chi!
This advice isn't precise enough. It should always be at 100% because a renewing mist should always be out. What you want to be doing is looking at buffs cast/gained and seeing the power gains of Renewing Mist, this is the total number of REMs you cast.

If you take the total time of a fight in seconds and divide by 8, that's the maximum number of Renewing Mists you could have cast. This ratio should be as close to 100% as possible and is simply not good enough for raiding if it isn't at least 85%+. You won't be able to keep up with other classes otherwise. Only a very very very small number of monks hit every REM possible because GCDs, latency, and fight mechanics will simply add up to delays that make up many seconds of a fight.

Looking at the Protectors parse, you used REM 47 times out of a possible 62, a 75% ratio.

Overall you want to worry about mechanically playing well as opposed to actual numbers in LFR because your healing output will vary wildly between how many healers are actually trying and absorbs taking a much higher chunk of total healing due to the light nature of LFR raid damage.
Edited by Pandamonius on 8/10/2013 11:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Guess ill dump my monk maybe im just not a healer. Cant seem to get into a raiding guild on my server anyways so im stuck in lfr for the most part anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Something that might help is trying an addon called weakauras if you have not yet.
I am sure some of the helpful mistweavers on this forum will be glad to export some auras to notify you for things like expel harm.

Don't give up. Mist Weavers are in high demand and I am sure with practice you will improve.

Good Luck!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I'm confused by this post.. You're number 1 or 2 every fight (I didn't even look at your spells completely).. And you want to quit? Are you just trolling, trying to waste everyone's time? You may not be getting into a raiding guild due your ilvl only being 483, not because of your heals.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You may not be getting into a raiding guild due your ilvl only being 483, not because of your heals.

This.

GOOD healers are in high demand. You got a nice chunk of advice on how to improve. Take what you can from it and keep on truckin', IMO.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]