Horrific Amalgamation of Junkfood (Healer OT)

90 Human Priest
The Rules:

1) Be excellent to each other. No one likes a jerk. Don't be a jerk in this thread. No fighting, no put downs, no name calling - or else Reta will beat you with a stick. >:(

2a) The title of the next thread is to be decided by general acceptance before this one caps; try not to overlap with previous ones. Whomever caps the thread should make the new one.

2b) Keep the ToS in mind when deciding on a thread title. This will make it far less likely to be deleted. Also, the title of the thread should always involve food! This is the healer forum and we're weird.

3) Copy and paste these rules and the below list into the first post of the new thread. Add the title of the new thread to the bottom of the list.

Titles of previous OT threads:
Practical's Donuts
Retà's Gumbo Pot
Fleurzilla's Spanish Sammiches
Oldwolfe's Singularity Jello
Kaels' Mac'n'cheese
Pipikaula's Buttered Artichokes
Kerias' Kentucky Fried Chicken
Abeille's Chocolate Truffles
Alnair's Braised Pork Belly
Winnifred's Fried Green Tomatoes
Anarri's Soylent Bread
Röth's Flawless Lasagna
Evayle's Pop Tarts
Sensations' Sensational BBQ
Scootles' Spaghetti
Gumshoe's Samosas
Malrius' Marvelous Stromboli
Akaeya's Fruit Cocktail
Rain's Evil Crawfish Boil
Zzar's Fabulous Falafel
Morenn's Ginger Beef Curry
Anohako's Red Beans and Rice
Marathel's Brazilian Pastries
Veroicone's Macaroni Icecream
Glenn's Backyard Barbeque
Jumpies' Jumpy Jumping Beans
Harpoa's Haggis
Ffraid's Fabulous Souffle
Shammyren's Stupendous Stew
Stormtides' Satisfying Casserole
Buffyria's Bourbon Bonbons
Riot's Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Eiko's Lazy Pepperoni Rolls
Feyatia's Mussamun Curry
Nerfheals' Nefarious Nourishment
Icecreamsoup's Frozen Soup
Fluffy's Lemon Meringue Pie
Vhalan's Tuscan Bean Stew
Zamboozle's Seafood Chow Mein
Dayani's Delicious Desserts
Skootalloo's Steak Surprise
Veroicone's Cookie Birthday Cake
Aestyr's Lemon Cupcakes
Iritha's Casserole Surprise
General Flintte's Chicken
Fistlobster's Alfredo
Mist's Phenomenal Pork Dumplings
Naérdriel's Tantalizing Treats
Evry's Burnt Pizza
Ionne's Iconic Irish Iceceam
We Ate Too Much: Intermission
Tsilyi`s Tsilly Tsicillian Tsalad
Tardis's Tiny Tasty Tuna Treats
Weeblzwobbles' wacky waffles
Cyara's Crumbly Carrot Cake
Jolt's Janky Gelato
Leblue's Luscious Linguine
Suplift's Mist-Flavored Hotpocket
Aliarya's Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans
Karakaberry's Kandied Kiwis
Winni's Whimsy Potato Soup
Story's Super Spaghetti
Taymatt's Pad Thai
Zoevil's Zesty Zucchini Casserole
Alueim's Appetizing Tiramisu
Eein's Spicy Tomato Basil Soup
Illucia's Illustrious Icing
Celista's Sour Grapes
Tailias's Broiled Quailias
Milk's Hand-Made Milkshake
Hamera's Cheesecake
Flintte's Fantastic Fritters
Jujubiju's Jujubes
Dreamling's Dulce de Leche Cake
TonyDanza's Tangy Turnip Tacos
Frozenorange's Femtroll Fajitas
Tiriel's Southern Peach Cobbler
Error: Food Not Found
We Don't Eat Polar Bears, I Swear
Lilapop's Sandwich of Darkness
Ompong's Spicy Beef Rendang
Euphoric's Eggtastic Eggplant Parm
Awria's Sushi Extravaganza
Intermission 2: Send More Food
Thaimaishu's Reptar Bars
Healy Food Thread of Healy Food
Fussyelf's Fun Fruitcake
Miska's Crunchy Carrot Omelet
Serrinne's Scrumptious Cheesecake
Bowserjr's Sha-touched Ice Cream
Horrific Amalgamation of Junkfood

BE NICE. THIS IS OUR HOME.

IRC info: http://outofmana.me/healchatirc
Edited by Illucia on 8/12/2013 12:22 PM PDT
90 Human Priest
That title list is getting really long.

GIMME A NAME
90 Draenei Shaman
ummmmmm... is it wrong that I'm fine with the one you chose, Illu?

ok... uh... so...

Any chance of getting any work on H Horridon tomorrow may fall on *my* shoulders, in terms of trying to piece together strategies that might work for our lil group of short-bus raiders. Our RL got slammed with a few different sh!tstorms on returning to work from his vacation...

So:

1) Spirits' priority for targeting is dps > healers > tanks, correct?

2) Using abilities which drop aggro is a Bad Idea when dealing with your Spirit, correct?

3) Knocking your Spirit through a wall/gate can cause it to bug out and evade your subsequent attempts to hit it, correct?

I'll undoubtedly have more questions later, but I want to be rock-solid on the damn Spirits ;)
90 Troll Priest
NO.

I don't like you anymore. /hairflip

Any chance of getting any work on H Horridon tomorrow may fall on *my* shoulders, in terms of trying to piece together strategies that might work for our lil group of short-bus raiders. Our RL got slammed with a few different sh!tstorms on returning to work from his vacation...

So, here's my extremely detailed heroic dino guide

That was my understanding, it seemed to target rdps before mdps though

2) Using abilities which drop aggro is a Bad Idea when dealing with your Spirit, correct?

It will eat someone elses face afaik. I avoided shadowmeld at the time. And the problem is, the person's face it's going to eat won't see it coming.

3) Knocking your Spirit through a wall/gate can cause it to bug out and evade your subsequent attempts to hit it, correct?

I think they fixed this, but yeah. But it's REALLY hard to do that. I had to dot mine up + mindbender on the last door and that's when it glitched (since you're running out of room anyways, generally tanking the boss close the door as opposed to the middle where you'll be taking him)

The spirits walk really slow and are really only a big deal at the end when you truly have better things to do. Like heal through the insane tank damage.

_____

My opinion on this fight was

1st door: can you dispel, can you not stand in bad, can you cleavy-awesome
2nd door: oh snap man. dem venoms be hurtin. Use those interupts and it's a bit of a heal fest here
3rd door: oh some rest. But you have some more stuff to dispel (magic curse thingy thingamabob yeah). Also, don't confuse the ice bolts with mage's because 2 ticks are you'reeeeeeee out. OH HAI DINO PLS GTFO
4th door: don't drop totems at weird placces by letting the adds go bonkers. THIS DINO IS STILL TRYING TO EAT MEEEEE WUT DOOOO. Uh. the hex sucks. Also, recoup as much mana as posssible here. ALSO DINO IS ON MY BUTTHOLE I DON'T WANT ANNY gO AWAY

Jalak etc

OMG OMG OMG HEAL HEEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL TANKS Y U NO STAY UP HEAL HEAL HEAL
/// WTF ?!?!?!? this dino is eating my face again SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

...it's over?

Then again, spirit shell made dire call a minor inconvenience (I had to stop pew pew ings on the boss and put it up). It wasn't really hard to heal until the last bit.

The dire calls plus the tank damage plus the derpfest is just meh. IT's a lot of healing.
Edited by Naér on 8/12/2013 12:22 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
i would like tacos.
90 Dwarf Shaman
Sillyxoxo's thread of Chinese Takeout.

I'll allow it.
90 Blood Elf Priest
chinese tacos
90 Human Priest
Weren't we gonna do pun names?
100 Tauren Priest
Spirits prefer dps yes but it's ranged over melee always, yes they will but and kill you if you knock em out of the arena and using abilities to drop aggro will cause them to aggro on someone else while they cannot see that spirit which one kill them.

Also worth to note if you try to hit your spirit while it's still being pushed back by your previous attack it's a wasted cast. Wait till you spirit lands before bopping it again.

Dots don't count as multiple knockbacks either but the first tick will knock it back I believe.

Also make sure u have a lol disc priest with you.
Edited by Rapsidy on 8/12/2013 12:19 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Monk
Weren't we gonna do pun names?

eventually.
100 Human Paladin

It will eat someone elses face afaik. I avoided shadowmeld at the time. And the problem is, the person's face it's going to eat won't see it coming.

Just to add to this, as far as the stuff I've researched, it's avoiding the ones that drop combat specifically. Vanish, Shadowmeld, etc. Fade and so on are fine.
90 Blood Elf Priest
in the distant future when i'm not around ( a month)

i hate puns
90 Troll Priest
Fade and so on are fine.

Yeah I used glyph of fade on that fight so I could have a bit more face melting fun when I was healing. Didn't make it disappear.
100 Blood Elf Monk
zZq
@Tailias. That was amazing.

Somehow I had forgot about the burning of retinas with things like LoD. I was always sad I couldn't plant healing rains of retina burning with procs. :(
And your xmogs are terrible, and somehow amazing at the same time.
I couldn't do it, but it seems to work for you.

@Ellarix If you're healing on your shaman, you get to cheat the stupid dino. Drop searing totem and have it shoot the dino. Replace totem as needed and forget the dino even exists. Easy peasy. :D
90 Dwarf Shaman
OMG OMG OMG HEAL HEEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL TANKS Y U NO STAY UP HEAL HEAL HEAL
/// WTF ?!?!?!? this dino is eating my face again SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

in the last phase really just focus on using any available cds in your raid comp that can mitigate jalak's roar. once he's dead don't worry about healing the dps except to get them to full health before each dire call at that point. the tanks will be priority and you should be ok otherwise! :)
90 Draenei Shaman
08/12/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Kipery
http://www.wowwiki.com/People_in_your_Raid

rofl Kipery...

Our MT is *definitely* The Backbone.

The guy is head and shoulders better than any of the rest of us. Whole body-lengths, in some cases ;)

Naer - ty for the H Horridon rundown :D

Just to add to this, as far as the stuff I've researched, it's avoiding the ones that drop combat specifically. Vanish, Shadowmeld, etc. Fade and so on are fine.

Good stuff! thanks, Tail.
Edited by Ellarix on 8/12/2013 12:22 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Shaman

Ranged, then melee

Yeah but you can totally hax the thing. Drop searing totem, flame shock, and ignore.

No clue on that. Never saw it happen.
90 Pandaren Priest
füd

i hope this breaks someone's encoding
Edited by Truelite on 8/12/2013 12:22 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Shaman
Drop searing totem, flame shock, and ignore.

i want these on my priest.
90 Human Priest
I fixed it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]