Ret Gloves on Holy 5.4 PvP

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok, so I'm desperately trying to learn holy for PvP. I really like the idea that Judgement via Selfless Healer may become viable in 5.4.

Now that I have a reason to be Judging constantly, I can justify taking Long Arm of the Law as Holy. Then I got to thinking about how the ret PvP gloves gives Judgement a 40 yard range, which is awesome.

How retarded do you think it would be if next patch, I were to wear the ret gloves and be able to Judge from 40 yards away? Do you think the loss of Int would make this tradeoff pointless?

Can you imagine the how difficult it would be to reach a paladin getting a 45% speed boost from that far away? Especially combined with Hand of Freedom.
Edited by Kaskarum on 8/9/2013 5:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
next patch is a new season, I believe. The gloves may not even have that benefit?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
next patch is a new season, I believe. The gloves may not even have that benefit?

PVP bonuses stay the same, and changes get put in patch notes. Nothing noted yet, and they're in the tuning phase, so you can pretty confident that it won't change.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm curious by this. 40 yard judgement is amazing, coupled with long arm of the law, holy paladins could be very mobile healers. And quick to get out of enemy casting range.

Will def test this in my holy kit
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Dropping 800 int and 500 spirit for 10 more yards on judgment sounds amazing, but I think you will need to actually stack agility gems in the rest of your gear to make that really shine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Dropping 800 int and 500 spirit for 10 more yards on judgment sounds amazing, but I think you will need to actually stack agility gems in the rest of your gear to make that really shine.

Har har, but seriously 40 yards keeps you out of range of Fear, Polymorph, Strangulate, Cyclone, Wyvern Sting, Deep Freeze, Pyschic Horror, Silence, Shadow Step, Hex, Death Coil, etc.

Avoiding these CCs, which will put you behind in healing and require cooldown useage in some situations, may more than make up for the loss of Int and Spi.

It's just a thought, trying to stay outside of the box. I know I will give it a try.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]